• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The most *Complete Manager* of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwake

Well-Known
I honestly think Klopp is the most complete manager of all time.

No he hasn't won what Fergie, Mourinho, Pep, Ancelotti, etc have won.

But the perfect blend of man management, unrivalled charisma, great football and full set of major trophies means he's the most Complete Manager that has ever existed for me (yeah including Shankly).

Not sure you needed a seperate post to express that view point. I would say he had left an indelible legacy, and created memories for fans that can be pass onto the next generation, and the generation after that.

Last edited:
Surely that’s very subjective, but even if it wasn’t it’s still Bill.
It's subjective, and I don't agree he is the most complete manager of all time, that is only determined by the trophy count, but what I do feel is that he is the most 'human' of all managers we have seen, because:

1) He realizes that losing is actually part of the journey and you should always have hope - we have witnessed this multiple times - we lost 3 finals before we won the CL with him. But they were very memorable moments, remember him singing with the rock band after our first CL loss to RM ?

2) The teams that he has managed in his time from season to season is so much an expression of feeling on the pitch that I can only describe as a fan as being my own emotions during a game, its fucking weird, I found myself frustrated with certain games, and Klopp makes that change that I would have wanted more times than any other manager in living memory.

3) Those moments where he comes on to the pitch to celebrate with Alisson - you won't see other managers do that like he did, or that interview he gave after we drew with WBA - like he was almost saying "why do they give a shit, when they are getting relegated.." - and later realized he was angry and talking shit. He knows what he looks like when angry and says shit. Also those interviews, - remember the first 4-3 win against City at Anfield and he comes up and says "what the fuck was that !!!!" - LOL some great moments.

The amazing thing is - despite him being so human - the 'normal' one as he announced himself, he beat all those other elite managers, and has won everything for this club, and Yes he connected with the people of Liverpool just like Shanks did.

I am going to so miss this guy for mainly the laughs he gave us, and no matter we lost - you always felt with him things would improve. He connects with fans and his players equally.

It's subjective, and I don't agree he is the most complete manager of all time, that is only determined by the trophy count, but what I do feel is that he is the most 'human' of all managers we have seen, because:

1) He realizes that losing is actually part of the journey and you should always have hope - we have witnessed this multiple times - we lost 3 finals before we won the CL with him. But they were very memorable moments, remember him singing with the rock band after our first CL loss to RM ?

2) The teams that he has managed in his time from season to season is so much an expression of feeling on the pitch that I can only describe as a fan as being my own emotions during a game, its fucking weird, I found myself frustrated with certain games, and Klopp makes that change that I would have wanted more times than any other manager in living memory.

3) Those moments where he comes on to the pitch to celebrate with Alisson - you won't see other managers do that like he did, or that interview he gave after we drew with WBA - like he was almost saying "why do they give a shit, when they are getting relegated.." - and later realized he was angry and talking shit. He knows what he looks like when angry and says shit. Also those interviews, - remember the first 4-3 win against City at Anfield and he comes up and says "what the fuck was that !!!!" - LOL some great moments.

The amazing thing is - despite him being so human - the 'normal' one as he announced himself, he beat all those other elite managers, and has won everything for this club, and Yes he connected with the people of Liverpool just like Shanks did.

I am going to so miss this guy for mainly the laughs he gave us, and no matter we lost - you always felt with him things would improve. He connects with fans and his players equally.
Great post.

Will Klopp's last appearance be at the parade? I hope thats where he gives his goodbye message. I imagine a 1m+ people to be there.

Will Klopp's last appearance be at the parade? I hope thats where he gives his goodbye message. I imagine a 1m+ people to be there.
If we win the league, I suspect there will be a lot more than 1M people turning up. Probably be 2M plus, as we never really got to celebrate that last league win did we ?

If we win the league, I suspect there will be a lot more than 1M people turning up. Probably be 2M plus, as we never really got to celebrate that last league win did we ?
We celebrated it by launching a rocket attack on the Liver Building. Klopp lit the fuse

2M+ no way! It doesn't happen unless they start the parade in Manchester

If there is a parade guys - what date is it likely to be on ? - will it be the Sunday after the FA Cup Final - when would it take place, the reason I ask is that I really want to book a room in Liverpool to stay overnight with the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom