• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The no-look contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the right time. Firmino still can be of use, but the club need to prioritise getting the new attack clicking and working together if it is to progress faster the second spell of Klopp's era. It's a shame there will not be a fee received, but Bobby has more than paid his dues and been a instrumental figure in one of the best attacks in the clubs history. His last day will be a sad one.

Last edited:
Thanks Bobby for helping Klopp and co make the decision.
Vastly underrated by the FLabby Melt crew early on, but was absolutely key to one of the most devastating front 3 the game has seen.
He's clearly no longer able to contribute and we have 5 players who are better than him and should play ahead of him.
Had he wanted to stay, he'd be here next year ... so I'm glad he'll go out and we won't see his continued slide ...
Abrigado Bobby!

He's been a great signing but as everyone has said, it's time to say goodbye. He's still popped up with some moments of brilliance over the last couple seasons, which perhaps allow for the argument that keeping him has been worthwhile but he's well past his best.

All the best to him and his super shiny teeth.

Absolutely love Bobby and it's gutting to see this but it's the right time. Wish him all the best and will always remember the flabby melt fondly.

roberto-firmino_hjzrwsj3wz8015ei1orzujvun.jpg

Things we're gonna miss about Bobby.

1. His teeth.
  2. His smile
  3. His no look goals as well as all the other goals.
  4. His spinning karate kick celebrations (when he's not taking the head off our own players)
  5. His elegance
  6. His bleach blonde Johnny Bravo hairdo's
  7. His wonderful posts with his beautiful family in the Liverpool jersey.
  8. His footballing ability

I was hoping he would renew but it is what it is. Hopefully it will mean we get an extra MF. I'd like CJ to hand in a transfer request, I think he has hit his cieling.

I'd like CJ to hand in a transfer request, I think he has hit his cieling.
Bit strange?

A player would only usually hand in a transfer request if they've expressed a willingness to leave AND they know a club is out in close pursuit of them.....neither of which is true in CJ's case.

The more viable option is putting him on the market and HOPING a suitable offer comes in so we can part ways.

Amazing player for us and total wild card at times. Best song to boot.
Right time to move on and we need to start planning without the best three forwards I have ever seen anywhere.
When I first saw Messi, Suarez and Neymar, had no idea LFC couple of years later would have something better…

Past articles re Firmino that are stuck in my mind

Liverpool's head of technical performance Michael Edwards is the laptop guru who did a number on Brendan Rodgers
[article]The committee have yet to explain how they came up with the figure of £29million to sign Brazilian forward Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim, who finished eighth in the Bundesliga last season.[/article]

Roberto Firmino was the 'cheeky' third wheel in Liverpool's front line - and was once often left out for Christian Benteke - but he's now hailed as the world's best No 9 and has won 15 points ON HIS OWN this season (and the Club World Cup!)
[article]He has 10 goals in all competitions this season – five of them have been decisive in winning league games and he almost single-handedly won them the Club World Cup with two of them.

Klopp said it best at the start of the season, saying how Firmino was his 'cheeky guy' who made things happen in the middle while Salah and Mane caused havoc either side of him.

'That’s what helps him then, of course,' he said. 'If you have the speed around you, you can be this little cheeky guy in between the lines, being there and scoring the goals. Yeah, he’s a very valuable player for us.'

'I think he's the best centre forward in the league, Firmino,' Gary Neville said after Liverpool beat Manchester City 3-1 at Anfield. 'If you said to me you can have one centre forward to have in your team, it would be him.'

He might not have scored during that game, but he had a 100 per cent dribble success and dispossessed three players in a superb all-round display.

'Any manager in the world would love to have Firmino as their centre forward,' Neville said again recently.

'I think he’s absolutely incredible. He’s selfless, brilliant, scores goals, sets things up, they can link off him, makes all the right runs, an outstanding player.'[/article]

Last edited:
My heart dropped when I just saw this. Right decision but a sad day all the same. What an awesome player he was in his prime for LFC.

:(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom