• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The no-look contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right decision for all parties - Fun Bobby can leave with his head held high and our respect.

Go to Spain Bobby - you’ll have a ball - not Barca or Real annd obviously not Atletico Madrid because Simeone is a horrible prick … maybe one of the other smaller teams that’ll love you - Real Sociadad or something.

I'd rather he went to a club in Germany where he's guarenteed to be a started, maybe Leverkusen or Frankfurt, maybe goes back to Hoffenheim....him on opposite sides to Sadio would be cool to see.

So Firmino instructed his agent not to talk to other clubs until he had decided if he wanted to leave Liverpool. He has now made his decision and doesnt know what other clubs are interested.
According to his agent he is extremely emotional about the decision and loves the club.

*whipes tear

Bobby, what a legend. Love him

Things we're gonna miss about Bobby.

1. His teeth.
  2. His smile
  3. His no look goals as well as all the other goals.
  4. His spinning karate kick celebrations (when he's not taking the head off our own players)
  5. His elegance
  6. His bleach blonde Johnny Bravo hairdo's
  7. His wonderful posts with his beautiful family in the Liverpool jersey.
  8. His footballing ability
Bobby won us the Club World Cup as well

I was absolutely gutted when Ian Rush left my beloved team and Bobby ain’t far behind, yes he’s been slagged off in his decline but his goals and more his assists and he makes space to make more goals is unrivalled. All the best Bobby lad.

Some of the tekkers he pulled out were really out this world, the 1 against Soton 10 seconds in was dazzling.....even the very first bit of skill was worldy.

1 that made me teary laugh the most was at 1:24

One of my favorite Liverpool players. At his best there was no one like him in world football for me. A pressing machine coupled with dazzling feet, touch and skill. A playmaker with eyes in the back of his head and when on form, a scorer or brilliant goals with his head and both feet.

A wonderful talent who was part of one of the best front three not just the premiership, but the world has seen.

Adeus Sênior.

My top 5 Bobby football moments that I can instantly remember:

5. The back-heel pass to Salah that bounced over a defender's leg and that Thierry Henry analyzed in detail. A real Bergkamp-like piece of subtle football magic.
4. The slow floated cross/pass to Emre Can for one of my favourite goals of the Klopp era. Delicate and devastating.
3. The run through the middle finished by a goal against Arsenal. "Let the bodies hit the floor."
2. The sublime chipped goal in the 4:3 game vs City. Finish so sweet, it's like it was dripping with honey.
1.The winning goal against PSG when he had his eye poked on the eve of the game and finished with a "one-eyed" celebration.

Less spectacular, but I equally loved all his routine headers from corners and pressures on opposition midfielders that won the possession and led to many of our devastating counters particularly in the early days of the FSM trio. Playing with Firmino was like having an extra DM up top – absolute nightmare for any opponent. He will be missed.

Last edited:
My top 5 Bobby football moments that I can instantly remember:

5. The back-heel pass to Salah that bounced over a defender's leg and that Thierry Henry analyzed in detail. A real Bergkamp-like piece of subtle football magic.
4. The slow floated cross/pass to Emre Can for one of my favourite goals of the Klopp era. Delicate and devastating.
3. The run through the middle finished by a goal against Arsenal. "Let the bodies hit the floor."
2. The sublime chipped goal in the 4:3 game vs City. Finish so sweet, it's like it was dripping with honey.
1.The winning goal against PSG when he had his eye poked on the eve of the game and finished with a "one-eyed" celebration.

Less spectacular, but I equally loved all his routine headers from corners and pressures on opposition midfielders that won the possession and led to many of our devastating counters particularly in the early days of the FSM trio. Playing with Firmino was like having an extra DM up top – absolute nightmare for any opponent. He will be missed.
Yup, he was absolutely incredible at not just the high press but the instinct to nick the ball off an opponent with perfect timing. He hardly ever got booked even though he'd go in aggressively as he almost always got his foot on the ball.
Him and Mane to an extent were brilliant at that and we're really going to miss that part of the game.
I think Darwin, as much as I love him, is a little too thick to be able to do that. Gakpo seems a little soft. Jota can do it at times but hasn't got that sneaky instinct I don't think. Diaz I'm hopeful will have it in him.

Virgil van Dijk: "The greatest player I've played with? I'm gonna be bias and say Roberto Firmino."

Jurgen Klopp: “Being skilled like Bobby is one thing. Mix it up with the attitude he puts in, that’s unbelievable. I’m not sure that mixture is there. Skills-wise, being there, passing in between, stuff like that, for sure there are some players, but to mix those: wow. It’s exceptional.”

Andy Robertson: "He can do it all. He’s our first line of defence, and I’ve not seen anybody better at doing that."

333575565_860278371701661_4320560807074141254_n.jpg

“Bobby [Firmino] is a guy who should stay at LFC forever, who was very important since my arrival. And I don’t want to talk too much about the future, let’s enjoy these last few months that we have of him here."
"I don’t know if the situation can still change, but we joke with him a little. But let’s enjoy it while we have this player with us because he is a very special guy.”
Fabinho

Sentiments aside, i don't think he is good enough for a starting spot. He will be a very expensive sub at best and we already have 5 better forwards than him.

Which brings me to the question of Klopp saying he was a little surprised Bobby had decided to leave. I mean, did Klopp want him to stay? To extend his contract? It is good that he is loyal to his players but it is still business at the end of the day. He should know better.

The next thing we know he might be considering to extend Ox and Naby because of this same loyalty to his players. That will be a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom