• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The not confirmed, it's really only a rumour transfer thread ;Summer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eziz Allamov ‏@Ezizallamov
A 17-year-old wonderkid Joel Pohjanpalo, who was at on trials in March, has rejected a 3-year contract from Liverpool. (IS sports)

Eziz Allamov ‏@Ezizallamov
A 17-year-old wonderkid Joel Pohjanpalo, who was at on trials in March, has rejected a 3-year contract from Liverpool. (IS sports)

A product of local HJK Helsinki, Pohjanpalo emerged through the youth ranks, first appearing with the reserves in 2011 at the age of 16. During his first season at the third level, he went on making 21 appearances and scoring a record-breaking 33 league goals. [1] Due to his excellent performances with the reserves, Pohjanpalo signed a new contract with HJK on 7 December 2011, keeping him at the Finnish capital until 2015. [2]

Pohjanpalo made his Veikkausliiga debut in 26 October 2011, appearing as a starter against RoPS.

On 26 March 2012 Pohjanpalo spent one week on trial at Liverpool. He has been on trial earlier at Monaco. [3]

He returned to HJK Helsinki, and started in the club's first league match of the 2012 Veikkausliiga season on 15 April 2012, scoring a perfect hat-trick within the space of three minutes/162 seconds against IFK Mariehamn.[4]

In his debut in the Champions League qualifiers he scored 2 goals against KR Reykjavik in the first leg of the 2nd round to continue his impressive season so

Reports from Sport1.nl say that Liverpool want to replace Andy Carroll with Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who has a release clause of £16.5M.

I didn't want to lose Carroll, but if it means we're getting the Hunter then I'll happily say "auf wiedersehen, pet".

Huntelaar would be ace, but seeing as its also contract negotiation times it smells of agent talk.

Everton close to signing M'baye Niang from Caen for 2 million. I've really not seen the kid, but wasn't he supposed to be the next big thing? Everton haven't done too badly this window.

Yeah, maybe, but if his career goes up the swanee because of him becoming a bit-part player he could end up losing overall.

Yep but he'll be stylish as he goes down. What with a designer man purse made from puffin skin, shoes made from beluga tails etc....the glare from his gold-plated wheel rims will blind him so much that he'll not be able to find Wigan on a map....

Modern football is rubbish.

Modern life is rubbish..

I'm in bad mood.

Moyes is an excellent manager. I'm convinced that without him they'd have spent time in the Championship by now.

The vast majority of his signings have been good for them or if they're not they are quickly shipped out. They really should've made the most of that Champions League spot and spent a lot better in 2005/06. Similar to us in the Summer of 2009 when we finished 2nd and proceeded to sign Aquilani, Johnson and Kyrgiakos to replace Alonso, Arbeloa and Hyypia.

2002/03
Promoted Rooney and gave him his first-team debut.
Jospeh Yobo - loan
Brian McBride - loan
Espen Baardsen - loan

2003/04 (-8.5m)
Nigel Martyn - 700k
Joseph Yobo - £5.2m
Kevin Kilbane - £1.1m
James McFadden - 1.5m
Francis Jeffers - loan

2004/05 (+22.9m)
Eddy Bosnar - Free
Mikel Arteta - loan
Tim Cahill - £1.5m
James Beattie - £6m
Marcus Bent - 450k

Sold - Rooney (25.6m), Radzinski (1.75m), Gravesen (2.5m), Linderoth (1m)

2005/06 (-13.95m)
John Ruddy - 250k
Sander Westerveld - loan
Matteo Ferrari - loan
Alan Stubbs - Free
Per Kroldrup - £5m
Nuno Valente - £2m
Phil Neville - £3.5m
Anderson Silva - 500k
Mikel Arteta - £2m
Simon Davies - £4m
Andy van der Meyde - £2m

Sold - Per Kroldrup (£3m), Marcus Bent (£2.3m)

2006/07 (-11.6m)
Tim Howard - loan
Joleon Lescott - £5m
Manuel Fernandes - loan
Andy Johnson - £8.6m

Sold - Kevin Kilbane - £2m

2007/08 (-11.6m)
Stefan Wessels - Free
Phil Jagielka - £4m
Leighton Baines - £6m
Thomas Gravesen - loan
Manuel Fernandes - loan
Dan Gosling - 800k
Steven Pienaar - loan
Lukas Jutkiewicz - £1m
Yakubu - £11.25m

Sold - James Beattie (£4m), James McFadden (£6m), Gary Naysmith (£1m), Anderson Silva (450k)

2008/09 (-6.65m)
Promoted Jack Rodwell
Carlo Nash - Free
Lars Jacobsen - Free
Segundo Castillo - loan
Marouane Fellaini - £15m
Steven Pienaar - £2m
Seamus Coleman - 150k
Jo - loan
Louis Saha - Free

Sold - Andy Johnson (£10.5m)

2009/10 (+2.4m)
Lucas Neill - Free
Sylvain Distin - £5m
Phillippe Senderos - loan
John Heitinga - £6.2m
Landon Donovan - loan
Diniyar Bilyaletdinov - £8.9m

Sold - Jolen Lescott (£22m), Lucas Neill (500k)

2010/11 (+2.35m)
Jan Mucha - Free
Magaye Gueye - £1m
Jermaine Beckford - Free
Apostolos Vellios - 250k

Sold - Steven Pienaar (£3m), John Ruddy (300k), Lukas Jutkiewicz (300k)

2011/12 (+14.6m)
Marcus Hahnemann - Free
Steven Pienaar - loan
Darron Gibson - 400k
Landon Donovan - loan
James McFadden - Free
Royston Drenthe - loan
Nikica Jelavic - £5m
Denis Stracqualursi - loan

Sold - Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (£5m), Mikel Arteta (£10m), Jermaine Beckford (£2.5m), Yakubu (£1m), James Vaughan (£1.5m)

2012/13 (+5.2m)
Steven Naismith - Free
Steven Pienaar - £4.5m
Kevin Mirallas - £5.3m

Sold - Jack Rodwell (£12m), Tim Cahill (£1m), Joseph Yobo (£2m)

Total Spend = -4.85

Everton close to signing M'baye Niang from Caen for 2 million. I've really not seen the kid, but wasn't he supposed to be the next big thing? Everton haven't done too badly this window.

Bags of energy and pacy. Haven't seen much of him for the past couple of years so don't assume he's on the up.

I see Afellay is linked with us today in today's Bbc gossip

Can't see that happening myself. I like Afellay and would cheerfully have signed him a while ago, but I can't see a place for him in the squad now we've got Sterling and have signed Assaidi.

Can't see that happening myself. I like Afellay and would cheerfully have signed him a while ago, but I can't see a place for him in the squad now we've got Sterling and have signed Assaidi.

Agree, I think we were interested in Afellay but turned our attentions to Assaidi instead.

Sunderland Agree Dempsey Deal

timthumb.php
Sunderland have seen a £7m bid for Fulham’s Clint Dempsey accepted, Football Juice understands.
The American has been out of favour at Fulham since declaring his intention to sign for Liverpool and has not featured for Martin Jol’s team as of yet this season. He’s widely expected to make a move before the transfer deadline on Friday.
The forward, who has scored 50 goals for Fulham in his time there, is believed to still favour a move to Anfield. Liverpool would have to sell first to fund the move, with Charlie Adam looking like he could be sold.
There was a deal in place with Fulham and Liverpool for Demspey a few weeks ago that took Charlie Adam to Craven Cottage, but that broke down as Adam was not interested in a move to the capital.
Sunderland fans will be licking their lips at the thought of Dempsey, Adam Johnson and Steven Fletcher all playing in the same team. Martin O’Neil certainly is kickstarting the Black Cats revolution…
It will be interesting to see if Liverpool now come back in for the American, with Sunderland days away from securing his signature. Stay tuned to @Football_Juice for all the latest, as we get it.

Fulham will have to be careful here. If Dempsey insists he'll move to LFC and nowhere else, we refuse to up our bid and they don't accept it, they could be left with no money and a wantaway player. Michael Owen might well have come back to us if he'd had the cojones to do the same when he was at Real.

Rumours that Arsenal, Southampton and Inter are all set to meet Ajax's valuation of around £5.5M for LB Nicolai Boilesen.

Keeping my fingers firmly crossed we are about to pull an Assaidi here, as he'd be the perfect man for Rodgers and our 4-3-3 system for say the next ten years or so. Fast, extremely skillful on the ball, clever and strong in one on ones. Only risk, not had the best of ways with injuries over the last six months, but at that prize one we should be willing to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom