• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The not confirmed, it's really only a rumour transfer thread ;Summer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The twitteratis are getting lazy, they're now doing Agent (insert number) accounts all over the place.
For the love of God why cant someone be 007? I'd trust him.

What does Pesam say about Rhodes?

6 Jan 2012: I've seen Rhodes at least 30 times and although it's impossible to say for sure he'll score at the top level he has every chance of making the grade. I'd be reluctant to shell out anymore than £6m though. For the record, he's quick, decent in the air and a very intelligent player - a sort of young Lineker

8 Jan 2012: I particularly like the fact that he scores "different types" of goals i.e. inside the box, oustide, headers, tap-ins (right place-right time) and his movement is good making him difficult to mark.

9 Jan 2012: I think he'd do very well at Everton. They've been without a regular goalscoring-forward for a long time and I reckon he would prove an absolute bargain for £2-£3m. For the record he's very similar in style to Defoe.

Doubt he would go for 2/3 milion more likely double that and the rest.

I read somewhere Blackburn had 6 million bid rejected recently.

Doubt he would go for 2/3 milion more likely double that and the rest.

I read somewhere Blackburn had 6 million bid rejected recently.

That was 8 months ago mate and he's no longer a League 1 player, so the price will be a lot higher. It'd be great if we could bid £6m and offer someone like Eccleston as a sweetener.

I had a gut feeling today for some reason that we were gonna sign Rhodes, dunno why. Now i log on to see we might be after him. Would be great to see him getting a chance at a big club.

Few stories in today's paper's linking us with Sturridge again.

Need to sell first though(not that we didn't know that)with Adam, Downing and Carroll possibly going.

Surely we can do a cash plus add-ons plus even loan them a youngster deal.

Get Adjoran there for a loan spell - he needs some regular first team action.

Or Ngoo - is he the young lad, built like a brick shithouse, but very raw?

Few stories in today's paper's linking us with Sturridge again.

Need to sell first though(not that we didn't know that)with Adam, Downing and Carroll possibly going.

I really don't see Chelsea selling unless they have at least one other striker coming in. As has been mentioned - leaving themselves with only Torres as an option upfront would be crazy.

I really don't see Chelsea selling unless they have at least one other striker coming in. As has been mentioned - leaving themselves with only Torres as an option upfront would be crazy.

Agree, would be surprised if it happened.

The Mirror also reports we've some Clubs interested in Enrique, although it doesn't name them. Can't see us letting him go when he's our only recognised/experienced left back at the Club.

Agree, would be surprised if it happened.

The Mirror also reports we've some Clubs interested in Enrique, although it doesn't name them. Can't see us letting him go when he's our only recognised/experienced left back at the Club.

Agreed - unless we have a quality replacement secretly lined up, it would make no sense.

I'm just so happy about the fact that I avoided the football forum and everything related to silly season this year, and was pleasantly surprised by the result and the quality of our purchases yesterday. I should avoid silly season every year!

Thanks irishred for finding my most recent Rhodes-related opinions but just to point out the last opinion was about Nicky Maynard i.e. Defoe-like and £2m-£3m value.

Rhodes for £6m is a risk worth taking and I'd rather spend the money on him than Dempsey. Even if he doesn't make the grade with us we'd still be able to recoup £3m-£4m from an ambitious Championship team in 18 months time.

Y'see I don't think its a Rhodes we want, we have one of them ourselves in Adam Morgan - he needs developing.
We need someone either already there , Sturridge, Huntelaar or somone who can still do it , but seen better days elsewhere, Dempsey, although Berbatov would have been perfect.
As it stands now there is no way we should be offloading Carroll until at least Jan, unless we bring in two strikers.
One of each.
regards

Y'see I don't think its a Rhodes we want, we have one of them ourselves in Adam Morgan - he needs developing.
We need someone either already there , Sturridge, Huntelaar or somone who can still do it , but seen better days elsewhere, Dempsey, although Berbatov would have been perfect.
As it stands now there is no way we should be offloading Carroll until at least Jan, unless we bring in two strikers.
One of each.
regards

One of each.
regards
I suppose it comes down to how much dead-weight we can shift this week. If we were to offload Adam, Cole, Carroll (even though I rate him, I think he's a goner) & Downing AND loan out Lil' Jay we would probably have enough spare cash to get a Huntelaar-type signing and Rhodes.

However I doubt we'll prune the squad as much as that so I agree that Rhodes could be too risky for a team with such a limited budget.

According to the Echo today we're still chasing Dempsey and looking to offload Adam, while Spearing to Bolton on loan is on, though it may hinge on the outcome of Lucas' injury. Most other places are reporting about Sturridge, but we need to offload first. Could well be that Dempsey is dependent on Adam going, while Carroll out, Sturridge/Rhodes in is another feasible option. Sounds like we might want Dempsey AND Sturridge.

Bit sad in a way, I really liked Spearing, and I hoped he could transfer the real quality he had a reserve level to the 1st team. I hope he goes on to have a great career. I think he'll be a smashing player for Bolton. I'm surprised at this with the injury to Lucas, so perhaps we'll see another academy graduate get drafted into the squad. Suso?

Good luck Spearo ... I always thought he had a role to play as a back up midfielder ... Good luck, and see you in the premier league next year.

It's a great deal for Bolton, Jay will have a great career at a mid-table EPL club and IMO will play a large part in Bolton's promotion this season. He just lacked that little but extra needed for a team with top 4 aspirations but I reckon his true value is about £5m (ergo a great bit of business by Coyle).

Bit sad in a way, I really liked Spearing, and I hoped he could transfer the real quality he had a reserve level to the 1st team. I hope he goes on to have a great career. I think he'll be a smashing player for Bolton. I'm surprised at this with the injury to Lucas, so perhaps we'll see another academy graduate get drafted into the squad. Suso?

I wouldn't be surprised to see just Shelvey and Henderson in reserve to Gerrard, Şahin, Lucas and Allen. That'd be enough I reckon, also if we sign Demspey then he's versatile and can play the Gerrard role too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see just Shelvey and Henderson in reserve to Gerrard, Şahin, Lucas and Allen. That'd be enough I reckon, also if we sign Demspey then he's versatile and can play the Gerrard role too.

Regarding what you said about Dempsey - very true, and also having Shelvey and Henderson as backup for the big 4 is sufficient, and also the bigger picture is that if we have a ton of these midfielders then some of them will NEVER get their chance and further it makes it near on impossible to develop the potential youth waiting in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom