• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Reus delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are, but I'm more confident than you that the situation could appeal to him. It's actually that element of uncertainty which could make him a hero if he turns out to be the special signing who lights the fire.

I think from his point of view though, if Dortmund are considered a longterm risk, then we're equally so. We'd be seen pretty much as a sideways step, rather than (to him) a step up to a team that's more or less guaranteed to challenge most seasons. We do need that someone though who will become a new hero.

Sterling will take that honour this coming season.

I think that's something Brendan is considering tbh, I suspect an important part of his thinking is not to stymie his development by putting an established star in his way.

The only reasons joining us could be considered an "upwards step" for Reus is 1) the premier league 2) the money. Thankfully, that'll be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom