• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago.... Ja ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad Klopp got this deal done. I get the impression he really forced it through behind the scenes. Klopp has more than earned faith in his judgment and it's pleasing to FSG compromising on their core philosophy on recruitment. That shows a degree of flexibility which is vital for successful organizations. We won't stray from it too often, but opportunities like Thiago don't come around every day. Thiago wanting to join us is essentially a reward for all our success and it would have been maddening to have not cashed it in. Further proof of how success just breeds success. Posters are right seeing this a landmark signing. It's not like anything we've really had in my lifetime.

I've not seen one opposition fan on the internet finding anything negative to say about the move. They're all envious as can be. Thiago's a delicious cherry on the cake that everyone wants a piece of. Fucking lovely.

Can we sing the best midfield in the world again?

Last edited:
You mind fucker.

Stop fucking with us - just like last year, "We won't win the league guys - just pack it in" and BANG, we win the league.
This year? "we won't sign Thiago, or anyone for that matter" and BANG, we sign Thiago.
What next?
Can you tell me I won't be fucking Claudia Schiffer by Christmas?

I just listened to the Blood Red podcast about this, and the Echo staff have deffo been peddling a Liverpool line. For months they, led by TPG< have been saying "Thiago is not an active target" (their exact words, repeated ad nauseum) then in their podcast today they said "As we have previously said, Liverpool had not yet started talks with Bayern, but now they have" A wold of difference between "not an active target" and "not yet in talks" ... nice bit of word play and falsification of history there

TBF - PTG is alright, its that new verbal diarrhea extremist Matt Addison that winds me up. Probably because he makes a big deal of the fact he is an amateur referee ... figures

Gorsty's a cunt. And he's made a right show of me.

So glad Klopp got this deal done. I get the impression he really forced it through behind the scenes. Klopp has more than earned faith in his judgment and it's pleasing to FSG compromising on their core philosophy on recruitment. That shows a degree of flexibility which is vital for successful organizations. We won't stray from it too often, but opportunities like Thiago don't come around every day. Thiago wanting to join us is essentially a reward for all our success and it would have been maddening to have not cashed it in. Further proof of how success just breeds success. Posters are right seeing this a landmark signing. It's not like anything we've really had in my lifetime.

I've not seen one opposition fan on the internet finding anything negative to say about the move. They're all envious as can be. Thiago's a delicious cherry on the cake that everyone wants a piece of. Fucking lovely.

Can we sing the best midfield in the world again?
If only we had got the Werner deal done too we'd be totally set. Pity that.

Thiago or De Bruyne? Just asking because I don't watch much of Bundesliga and the pundit up there is calling Thiago the best midfielder in the World.

Thiago or De Bruyne? Just asking because I don't watch much of Bundesliga and the pundit up there is calling Thiago the best midfielder in the World.

Hard to compare like for like. KDB is the best in the final third, Thiago anywhere else. Together they would be insane.

Yeah, I don't think he's the best midfielder in the world. Though, maybe I haven't seen enough of him

He's one of the best midfielders in the World in his position. De Bruyne usually plays much higher up the pitch, so its not much point comparing them.

Yeah, I don't think he's the best midfielder in the world. Though, maybe I haven't seen enough of him
I think plenty here will be surprised by how good he is.

He's in the Iniesta, Riquelme, Bergkamp league of technical brilliance. Magical control over the ball.

I'm very excited to watch him play for us.

De Bruyne plays everywhere - box to box.

I like Thiago but people are going a little overboard.
Going overboard? For one of the top midfielders in the world? Who will bring us not only world class creativity (that we've been crying out for) but also offer a range of tactical options we definitely don't possess? And all for the princely sum of £5m per year over his 4 year contract?

Anyone that can't get excited at this needs to get their pulse checked.

Going overboard? For one of the top midfielders in the world? Who will bring us not only world class creativity (that we've been crying out for) but also offer a range of tactical options we definitely don't possess? And all for the princely sum of £5m per year over his 4 year contract?

Anyone that can't get excited at this needs to get their pulse checked.

By stating that he’s THE best midfielder in the world.

Chill.

I barely watch any football at all so I have no idea who the best midfielders in the world are supposed to be, apart from De Bruyne. Would prob. still say Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo and Gerrard if someone asked me about it. So who is there, really?

Is Thiago like top 5 now? Genuine question because I dunno, there seems to be a real shortage of top quality central midfielders. Kante? Seems to have lost it. Modric? Probably past it. Pogba? Lol.

By stating that he’s THE best midfielder in the world.

Chill.
Did someone say that? I missed it. I would say that if you asked an intelligent profile of fans from say the PL, BL and La Liga it is likely that only the PL fans would vote for De Bruyne as the better player (despite the fact they don't play the same position) simply by virtue of the fact very few fans in each country watch enough of players in the others.... Especially when City keep getting knocked out of the CL early!

De Bruyne plays everywhere - box to box.

I like Thiago but people are going a little overboard.

In total agreeance with you

He will improve us no doutb, but calling the best midfielder in the world simply because we have signed him is way overboard

These were the top midfielders in the Ballon d'Or voting in 2019:

9. Bernardo Silva
11. Frenkie de Jong
14. De Bruyne
26. Wijnaldum
28. De Beek

I would say among these 5 only De Bruyne and perhaps Gini have maintained the luster from last season. Overall there are not so many genuinely great midfielders (who are not over 32 or perma-injured) around these days. Last season's top 5 for me would be something like:
  1. De Bruyne
  2. Thiago
  3. Tony Kroos
  4. Kimmich
  5. Henderson
The ## 6-10 between Kante, Kovacic, Gini, De Jong and let's say Thomas Partey. There is also a case for United's Bruno Fernandes, although he plays mostly as an AM for them.

Last edited:
Lots of comments on Redcafe along this theme :

Liverpool gonna absolutely piss the league again this year.

Thiago is just pure sex when it comes to technical ability. Cant wait to see him play.

Interesting discussion on there re. Best team in Europe (Bayern, PSG, LFC - Interestingly they left City out). This from a Leverkusen fan :

Paris has the best attacking line but has many players that fall short quality wise. Paredes, Bernat, Navas, Herrera and Florenzi aren't CL contender quality. Bayern vs Liverpool is interesting but in total I'd give it to Liverpool. Their defense is something else, Mane and Salah are top 10 players in the world and with Thiago, their midfield is a true gem, too. They've assembled an amazing team for relatively small money.

One of the Staff Moderators : It's the best starting 11 in football for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom