• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyhoo, I really dont get the piss poor transfer window stuff. Its obviously not perfect but its good.

Mane, Karius, Matip, Wijnaldum. Thats boss!

Should have signed a midfielder but lets hope it works out. That one bugs me. Badly.

But as the man himself says:

Fuck .. it gets worse - he thinks he can train them; some of them don't have brain for it.

I'm confused by Klopps approach this year. he team selections, the set ups, the signings. I don't get it, and it doesn't fill me confidence that we're going to have a good year. Henderson as holding midfielder, Milner at LB. Firmino leading the line instead of Origi or Sturridge. I look at those decisions and wonder how fierce the criticism would be had he not won titles in Germany and was just another mid-table no mark. I should be gaining comfort from his management of this football club by now, not clinging onto his successes elsewhere.

My gut feeling says we're going to finish 5th at best.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong and he can get this team out-performing our rivals and we can look back on this and laugh, but there we go. The cynic in me is usually right when it comes to all matters LFC.

On the plus side, I'm confident Matip and Mane have already improved us and I'm looking forward to see what Karius, Wijnaldum and Grujic can offer.

Last edited:
I like hansern, he's a good lad. But he is a bit of a cheerleader at times.

You can almost certainly type in any of the worst ever transfers to Liverpool into SCM and find Hansern finding the positives. If real life worked in line with Hansern's worked we would win the league three times a year.

There's times I need to hear it, though.

'Yeah, YEAH! This will work!'

Let's go!

Benteke – 120k
Ibe – 35k
Allen – 80k
Luis Alberto – 15k
Smith – 5k
Skrtel – 100k
Canos – 5k
Sinclair – 5k
Vigouroux - 3k
Rossiter – 3k
Teixeira – 3k
Toure – 100k
Enrique – 75k
Yesil – 3k

Balotelli – 100k

Ward – Huddersfield 3k
Fulton – Chesterfield 2k
Bogdan – Wigan 30k
Kent – Barnsley 5k
Flanagan – Burnley 60k
Wisdom – Red Bull Salzburg 20k

Thats rough guesses but roughly 750k a week or 40m a season saved in wages on the players gotten rid of.

So, we've saved 40M in salaries and made 12M in sales. What have we added in salaries I wonder.

To me it does sound like the balance sheet is being made to look pretty so a good valuation can be given to a minority investor. And of course, we have a stand to pay for.

If it wasn't for the fake interest in our club from the Chinese would we really be thinking along these lines?

Doesn't sound likely to me.

We didn't need a left back

maxresdefault.jpg

To clarify, im not in any way unhappy with who we have bought.
Im unhappy with who we havnt.

And there isnt one player who has gone who I am overly bothered about going.
Dont see the point in selling Allen now though. He was closest to a DM on the books.

Like I said, its done now.
We know what out BEST matchday squad looks like

Karius
Moreno
Matip
Lovren
Clyne

Can
Wijnaaldum
Lallana

Mane
Firmino
Coutinho

Henderson
Sturridge
Origi
Klavan
Mignolet
Grujic
Milner
Lucas

Its a decent squad.

Things we need to happen this season to see success
1.Sturridge to stay fit
2.Coutinho to carry us every week
3.a couple of our mids to get 10 goals
4.Moreno...to be less Moreno
And loads of other things.

Matip better be fucking amazing.

Well I'm going to be the negative nelly here. Even most of our best players aren't good enough, never mind the mediocre and shit ones.

Klopp believes that a good system, hard work, a strong team ethic and proper training can overcome that. I think he's wrong. It'll get us to about 6th.
Leicester did win the PL with a 10 point margin with supposedly mediocre squad

This is really going to be a transition year it looks like.

And this window better be a prelude to laying out some dosh next summer now that all the fat has been trimmed.

Well I'm going to be the negative nelly here. Even most of our best players aren't good enough, never mind the mediocre and shit ones.

Klopp believes that a good system, hard work, a strong team ethic and proper training can overcome that. I think he's wrong. It'll get us to about 6th.

I think most of the "mediocre and shit" ones were culled in this window. Here is the finalized senior squad for the season:

Goalkeepers: Karius, Mignolet, Manninger

Defenders: Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Klavan, Sakho, Gomez, Moreno, Milner

Midfielders: Can, Henderson, Leiva, Stewart, Grujic, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Coutinho, Ojo, Mane

Forwards: Firmino, Origi, Sturridge, Ings

Looking at this squad, I think the good thing is that every player 1) more or less fits the blueprint and the style of Klopp's team (last season that wasn't the case), and 2) every one, with the possible exception of Lucas and Manninger, has some upside and room to grow with the team. Klopp has already improved most of the players he inherited from Rodgers last season – compare Emre Can, Lovren, Origi, Firmino, even Milner under Rodgers and now – so there is every reason to think most of these these players will be better than they are now by the end of this season (barring injuries).

On the bad side, it must be said that these players lack consistency individually and collectively – even the leaders, such as Sturridge and Coutinho have a tendency to blow hot and cold. We have lots of potential match-winners, but a dearth of proven ones. I think a lot will depend on how Matip and Lovren partnership works out and also on the GK situation and Can's progress at DM. Some quality and stability in the "spine" of the team will go a long way to making our attackers more confident and consistent.

Last edited:
We've come a long way from the cracking squads of the 80's and 90's and a long way from the dross of the Hodgson era.

Looking at that squad, there's definitely a lack of leadership, and some proven match winners with SPINE, that would have been handy in the finals this past Spring.

That being said; what do I know?

I can't get the depression, we are not throwing money at last minute signings. Klopp is happy with what he has and no its upto Klopp to deliver.

If Klopp had taken over Bayern Munich and they had Alberto Moreno as left back who had just cost them a European cup, do you really think Bayern would have tried for the German Chillwell and then started the season with the German Milner as left back?

We have a midfield that's so unbalanced it may fall over at any time, we have a forward line that isn't anywhere near top four quality .........
I get that most people are upset and worried we didn't address our major problem areas, as am I, However our forward line really isn't (or shouldn't be) one of them. It says something when even the balance of opinion on RedCafe is that we have the best forward line in the league (but crap behind). And they have looked that good away at Arsenal and Spurs. Burnley really was an anomaly (I hope) !
--------
Woodburn, is 16 yrs old, he isn't going to be breaking into the first team for another 2 seasons.

If it wasn't for the fake interest in our club from the Chinese would we really be thinking along these lines?

Doesn't sound likely to me.
It's ridiculous for anyone to assert we are trying to 'make the balance sheet attractive' as if that would fool any investor. Just look at what the Chinese have/are investing in, it's not about the balance sheet, it's about exposure. A hundred million here or there means relatively nothing to these mega-companies, just sell a few apartments to balance the books.

Here's hoping!

If Klopp had taken over Bayern Munich and they had Alberto Moreno as left back who had just cost them a European cup, do you really think Bayern would have tried for the German Chillwell and then started the season with the German Milner as left back?
We've got a world class manager who's taken the decision not to buy any further players, I am going to trust him on that. I would like to see us in the top 4 and I don't think we'll hit top form till after Christmas. We need to support the manager because a huge part of his game draws on support from fans,

Everton 'Withdraw interest'
Fucking lol.

That was the high point for me. Withdrew their interest after they arranged a private jet, booked the medical and then he turned his phone off

That's like booking into a hotel for a filthy night of illicit sex, getting into bed naked waiting for a knock at the door and just lying there, with a wilting hard on, getting put straight through to voicemail and desperately texting

9.03: Where are you? Candles lit, bed unmade (lol) HURRY xxxx

9.45: Hello? I'm already in bed - too keen? Lolololol x

10.30: What's going on. Are you coming? Call meeee :(((((

11.02: This isn't funny. Call or text or I'm leaving

12.10: Fucksake

03.01: Fuck you, I'm glad you didn't come anyway, ugly cow

*wanks into pillow*

square_peg_round_hole.jpg

I fucking hate this shite, it is rare any manger pull it off.. Look at Hodgson in the summer with his squad selection..

Rodgers did too and it proved to be his undoing, I am sure however Klopp knows what he is doing.. So I will of Course get behind him, but I don't feel too confident..

Yeah, this site is just to much at times with negativity. Is it an English thing? Always glass half full.
Takes the joy out of football these days which is supposed to be fun and something to enjoy.

Klopp is a World class manager. We wanted him and knew how he works and have worked to set up the transformation of Dortmund.
Now that he has started that process here he suddenly doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because it doesn't suit some of our fans.
Spend money just to spend money etc.
Karius and Matip would have cost us 40 mill £ if they were from the Premiership. We got them for 4,7 mill £. The value paid doesn't have anything to do with the players quality. They're still very good players even though we for once have been clever in the transfer market.
Mane will probably prove to be one of the signings of the season aswell.

Yeah I wanted a midfielder aswell but it is what it is. We looked great against Arsenal and fucking dicked Spurs away.

Its okay to be critical obviously but in the end you have to trust him and support him and the team regardless.
We'll be a good team this season. Lets see where it takes us.

There are 2 ways of looking at most things
Positive - We won away to Arsenal scoring 4 goals and at times looked very good offensively. We dominated Burnley away and had 90 per cent of the ball and had 26 shots. Against tottenham we completely dominated the first half and had numerous chances to be 2 or 3 up by half time.

Negative - We conceded 3 aginst Arsenal and looked vulnerable defensively throughout. Burnley never looked to be in any trouble against us and could have scored more than the 2 goals they did get on the break. Despite Tottenham being very poor on the day they were the better team in the second half and had more shots on goal than us.

It's up to you which of these you would rather lean towards but the truth is usually somewhere in between the two. The most salient fact from the three games is 4 points out of 9.

Plus, we usually do perform in the big games when we're not fancied. We seem to raise our game. It's against the teams we should beat that we come unstuck. We've only had one game against a team we should beat, and we lost it. Seems like nothing has changed...

You could look at it that way.

The Burnley game did cause the most concern because the players didn't seem to know what to do and we were shite at the back again against a quite modest Burnley attacking line up. One punt forward and the defenders panicked and were bullied at times.

That was the high point for me. Withdrew their interest after they arranged a private jet, booked the medical and then he turned his phone off

That's like booking into a hotel for a filthy night of illicit sex, getting into bed naked waiting for a knock at the door and just lying there, with a wilting hard on, getting put straight through to voicemail and desperately texting

9.03: Where are you? Candles lit, bed unmade (lol) HURRY xxxx

9.45: Hello? I'm already in bed - too keen? Lolololol x

10.30: What's going on. Are you coming? Call meeee :(((((

11.02: This isn't funny. Call or text or I'm leaving

12.10: Fucksake

03.01: Fuck you, I'm glad you didn't come anyway, ugly cow

*wanks into pillow*
Is that the voice of experience?

I seriously don't get the Luiz to Chelsea deal.

Surely someone has to investigate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom