• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave these owners more credit than I should have for being business savvy

sos1.png

Hang on it's a million pounds we are talking small change here in the great scheme of things, people might have had a little chuckle that Al Fayed stung us for a few quid, but as it stands now we are a fucking laughing stock over this deal, and have seriously prejudiced our position for this season.
I think paying £35m for Andy Carroll, £18m for Jordan Henderson and £20m for Downing, who are now collectively worth about £25m might give people more of a clue to our business credentials than paying a bit of a premium ofr a tapping up that went wrong
I maybe wrong but I believe Rodgers doesn't want to pay 1 penny over what he values the players to be at. He's no mug and doesn't want to be known as one, irrespective of what Liverpool has done in the past. I also believe he didn't really want Dempsey that much and has a plan forward with what he's got (I've no idea what it is BTW).

I reckon, the owners couldn't stand the idea of Carroll on £80,000 a week, having cost them £35 million, sitting on the bench hence the talk of getting another striker. Rodgers is non-plussed since Carroll can't play in the style he wants Liverpool to play at and is really only a back up player (or cover player as he called him).

Annnnd. I just don't see what the fuss is over the transfer window. It's been good, we've got new exciting talented players (and not paid a premium), got rid of deadwood and old high earners.

Plus, our young talent are realising their potential.

So we missed out on a back-up striker. Wooooo! Is this the only reason for the doom and gloom?

Annnnd. I just don't see what the fuss is over the transfer window. It's been good, we've got new exciting talented players (and not paid a premium), got rid of deadwood and old high earners.

So we missed out on a back-up striker. Wooooo! Is this the only reason for the doom and gloom?

When you look at what Rogers said over the last few days regarding having a minimum of 3 strikers and also look at the owners unwillingness (apparently) to address a gaping hole in the squad then I think people have a reason to be a little down. But hey, onwards and sideways upwards.

I don't really understand your point. You said you thought it was probably due to Rodgers not wanting to overpay for players that we didn't get someone in, and not the owners. I said absolutely no fucking chance.

If you don't agree, fine.
Yeah, soz. Didn't get my thoughts down correctly.

I don't agree with you.

We scored 47 goals in the league WITH Andy Carroll last season. Our shitbag lying owners have sold off virtually all our strikers. 'Luckily' the Pacheco deal fell through. We've replaced cowboys with cowboys. Reduce the payroll, make us more attractive for a sale. Get your head out the sand.

Last year was one of the most impotent Liverpool attacks in memory. We've brought someone in who may or may not work out, and released someone on loan who we wasted 20million plus on. If we get injuries, we are absolutely fucked, and if Borini doesn't work out, we are fucked. So yea, forwards are important, that's why great teams always have one thats threatening to leave.

When you look at what Rogers said over the last few days regarding having a minimum of 3 strikers and also look at the owners unwillingness (apparently) to address a gaping hole in the squad then I think people have a reason to be a little down. But hey, onwards and sideways upwards.
It's not just a little down, is it?

It's full on, knee-jerking, end of the season we're gonna get relegated cos we don't get everything we want posting.

Rodgers also said, there'll be a ups and downs. Did everyone just think he meant only the matches or do you think it applies to transfers as well?

We scored 47 goals in the league WITH Andy Carroll last season. Our shitbag lying owners have sold off virtually all our strikers. 'Luckily' the Pacheco deal fell through. We've replaced cowboys with cowboys. Reduce the payroll, make us more attractive for a sale. Get your head out the sand.
And all the strikers we've released scored how many of the 47 goals?

How about you stop being so hyperbolic and step back to see the whole picture?

In regards to the owners reneging and all that, we simply have no idea exactly what the character of the incompetence is, because there are too many variables, we just know it's definitely there. Otherwise it was a good transfer season. It's a shame goals are quite important in this game.

Last year was one of the most impotent Liverpool attacks in memory. We've brought someone in who may or may not work out, and released someone on loan who we wasted 20million plus on. If we get injuries, we are absolutely fucked, and if Borini doesn't work out, we are fucked. So yea, forwards are important, that's why great teams always have one thats threatening to leave.
Yes, last season our attack was impotent and we got rid off most of them that contributed to it.

We have to see if Rodgers gamble with the current strikers pays off rather than melt down into hysteria.

It's not just a little down, is it?

It's full on, knee-jerking, end of the season we're gonna get relegated cos we don't get everything we want posting.

Rodgers also said, there'll be a ups and downs. Did everyone just think he meant only the matches or do you think it applies to transfers as well?

Rodgers thought there would be ups and downs BEFORE he knew he was going to be shafted by the cunts in charge. If you think you can spin a positive about the forward line we have then there's no hope for you. Seriously, Rodgers and us the fans are getting shafted by the owners and additionally have an incompetent CEO (is he a CEO?) in Ayre. Time to pull together and get rid of these East Coast cowboys. Join SOS lads and do something about it.

The club already gambled and lost. The question is just how much the loss is. For that we'll need luck in the form of the strikers avoiding injury, and for the single first team striker we purchased to pan out, which ordinarily doesn't happen.

Rodgers thought there would be ups and downs BEFORE he knew he was going to be shafted by the cunts in charge. If you think you can spin a positive about the forward line we have then there's no hope for you. Seriously, Rodgers and us the fans are getting shafted by the owners and additionally have an incompetent CEO (is he a CEO?) in Ayre. Time to pull together and get rid of these East Coast cowboys. Join SOS lads and do something about it.

I'd like to know what "it" is that I'm doing something about, before I get my pitchfork sharpened.

And you don't have that information, and without it, you aren't going to convince me that every time this club makes a ludicrous decision, as is its wont for the last two decades now, it's because our owners have an evil plan to save 8M pounds.

I'd like to know what "it" is that I'm doing something about, before I get my pitchfork sharpened.

And you don't have that information, and without it, you aren't going to convince me that every time this club makes a ludicrous decision, as is its wont for the last two decades now, it's because our owners have an evil plan to save 8M pounds.

"We have the money to compete with any team in the world" - Tom Werner.

Liars. Deja Vu?

They said from day 1 they don't intend to compete by some short term strategy which sees them outspending Man City and the like.

There are a number of different ways things could have turned out the way they did, without it being because the owners lied to Brendan Rodgers.

They promised Rodgers the FULL Andy Carroll money lad. They reneged. Fact. You're living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

The club already gambled and lost. The question is just how much the loss is. For that we'll need luck in the form of the strikers avoiding injury, and for the single first team striker we purchased to pan out, which ordinarily doesn't happen.

Back to a more intelligent poster.

How have we gambled and lost? It's only been 2 games in the PL. (Granted our final third play hasn't been great so far).

The doom and gloom is a result of releasing a back up striker and not getting another. It seems over the top to me.

What Andy Carroll money?

Rodgers was promised the up front loan lump sum AND the £15m add on regardless if West Ham stayed up. Check out the money we've recouped on fees and wages saved. It's astronomical and these jokers in charge have not put their hands in their pockets nevermind the cash we've freed up. No stadium and no investment.Sound familiar?

They promised Rodgers the FULL Andy Carroll money lad. They reneged. Fact. You're living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

We heard some reports that they promised Rodgers the full Andy Carroll money. These reports were both unsubstantiated and suspicious. First of all, there is no Andy Carroll money, there was 6M saved or thereabouts by not having him on the payroll. Then there was another 1M of loan fee. How could it be good business to agree to assume he'd be sold next year for a certain amount, and make that money available now, when we have absolutely no idea that he would be sold, that West Ham would stay up, that he'd agree etc. etc.

Then, if they did agree, is there a point at which we don't buy Clint Dempsey, who is an old, peaked player, because whatever money we spend will never be recouped? Or should we just take the 18M we believe we'll receive, and be willing to spunk the lionshare of it on an asset that will only ever depreciate, and is only a decent player in the first place. That's the sort of idiotic fucking logic that saw us get Carroll in the first place.

The problem is that we put ourselves in this position in the first place, not what we did in the last couple days of this window, and you might be comfortable laying it all at the feet of our owners, but you've not a shred of evidence to support that, and I'll be all ears when you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom