• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the truth of that
The only thing I can see that they've taken out of the club is a bit of interest on the stadium loan, but that's probably just off-setting interest they've paid to a bank further up the chain so no net benefit (and it's cheaper than we'd have had to pay a third party lender).
They will probably have had some indirect benefit as the club will almost certainly have thrown off some tax losses in the US which will have saved them some federal income tax, but that won't have cost LFC anything.

The only thing I can see that they've taken out of the club is a bit of interest on the stadium loan, but that's probably just off-setting interest they've paid to a bank further up the chain so no net benefit (and it's cheaper than we'd have had to pay a third party lender).
They will probably have had some indirect benefit as the club will almost certainly have thrown off some tax losses in the US which will have saved them some federal income tax, but that won't have cost LFC anything.

Wasn't there something like 120m debt put on the club books that were related to the purchase ?

Wasn't there something like 120m debt put on the club books that were related to the purchase ?
No. The company they used to buy LFC (called UKSV Holdings) was funded entirely by equity so there was no acquisition debt to “put on the club books”. The only debt since then is from the bank (for normal business purposes) and additional lending by FSG to LFC (presumably to help fund transfers in the early years of their ownership, plus to fund the Main Stand).

[article]
FSG and the truth about Liverpool's £238m debt

By
Dave PowellBusiness of Football Writer
  • 19:00, 28 APR 2021

The pre-tax loss of £46m proved to be the headline figure when Liverpool's accounts were finally published this week.
Having made a pre-tax profit of £42m the year before on the back of revenues of £533m, the impact of the first three months of the coronavirus pandemic was reflected in the accounts for the year ending May 2020.
Matchday revenue was down £13m while media revenues slumped by £59m due to nine games being played outside of the reporting period as a result of the postponement of the Premier League season before Project Restart was kicked into action in June after the season had been officially halted on May 13.
As with most large businesses, Liverpool have had access to a revolving credit facility with a bank for many years.

Liverpool refinanced their current facility back in January of 2020 for a five-year period, giving them access to as much as £200m of credit that could be used for general corporate purposes including working capital.
When the shutters came down on football, revenue streams began to dry up and there was a great deal of uncertainty over whether the Premier League season would have been able to be completed, something that would have had huge ramifications for clubs and broadcasters.

Wages still needed to be paid and commitments kept, and while the club still had net cash of £92m in the business the decision was taken to drawn down the full amount from the credit facility, which carries an interest rate of 1.21 per cent, to aid cash flow through the first lockdown period and the suspension of football.

Get all the latest Liverpool breaking news, team news, transfer rumours, injury updates plus analysis of what's next for the Reds.
You'll also get the latest transfer talk and analysis every day for FREE!
A total of £197m was drawn down from the credit facility, although it is understood that a significant chunk of that loan has been paid back already after football restarted and media revenues started to trickle in once more, as well as other monies that have been brought into the business in past months.

The £197m figure adds on to the £71m that Liverpool owe to owners Fenway Sports Group, paying off a further £8m of their £110m loan to aid the redevelopment of the Main Stand at Anfield. That takes the gross debt at the club to £268m.
The current loan from FSG is being repaid interest free.
Debt only becomes an issue if clubs are unable to service it, and Liverpool look in a strong position despite their losses to be able to press ahead with some confidence.
The club's external debt does rank fifth in the Premier League, with Brighton & Hove Albion (£306m), Everton (£409m), Manchester United (£526m) and Tottenham Hotspur (£831m) above them.
[/article]

The limit is on foreign players. We do not have to fill the roster, if Klohs plans to use Jones, Elliott and true 1st teamers, with Rhys and Neco Williams, also prepared to step in, if needed.

We need too shift our foreign deadwood to open up foreign slots in the roster. But, also okay, if we bring in a player like Bowen, if economics make sense.

It’s a bit of both - yes it doesn’t free up the over seas slot, but it also reduces our senior player count and also means if we want to bring in a player they either have to be under 21 or home grown otherwise we can’t register them to play.

What I mean is - any homegrown player is likely to cost more than we sell Philips for or not be worth adding to the squad.

I think it’s a risk not worth taking at this point because I can’t see what other players wedbe bringing in.

That's a truly depressing list. All of them serious contenders for worst XI of post-Houllier era
I think Padelli turned out OK. Even got a cap or Two for Italy. We don't have a great record with young goalkeepers (although it's understandable given how hard it is to give young keepers enough game time to develop them).

I still don't understand how Borini got so far in the game with his skillset.

and Ramsdale.
They've spent, what, 100 million this transfer break?
Does that mean laca or auba are gone?
There was some chatter about Laca wanting out so maybe that's got legs. And why on earth would Auba want to stay there.

Last edited:
They've got about 20 midfielders haven't they?

Verratti Gueye Wijnaldum Sarabia Gueye Danilo Draxler Rafinha, That snidy fucking manc cunt Herrera. Who else?

So there's no wonder really.

Alot of Gueyes at that club, bad for morale according to Dantes 2.0

Barca are trying to pay the mortgage by selling tupper wears. They'd be lucky to get £50m for all 3

[article] Barcelona are hoping to raise a further 200m euros to reduce their debt through the sales of 27-year-old Frenchman Samuel Umtiti, Brazil star Philippe Coutinho, 29, and Bosnian playmaker Miralem Pjanic, 31. (Goal)[/article]

Last edited:
It's looking like more and more, any surplus cash has been taken up by contract renewals. The club waited till the end of Jan to fix its defensive woes despite successive losses. Wonder if they will wait till Jan to fix any issues that open up then.

What if we are top in January by a good margin? Will you fannies stop whingeing?
We lost 6 games at home on the bounce post Jan. This coming Feb, we lose 2 of our best strikers and a midfielder but knowing his luck, he is going to be out for the season by the time the Afcon cups comes.
If the model is sell to buy, but you let players run down their contract then the model fails.
I am not sure the owners are even interested in footballing trophies.

But we are only letting shit ones run down their contracts.

Did we lose those 6 last year because of AFCON?

But we are only letting shit ones run down their contracts.

Did we lose those 6 last year because of AFCON?
You're not following Momo. If permitted BB, Binomial and I think Donovan would have sold off most of the team by now and replaced them with journeymen/youngsters who look good in a YT compilation and cost under £20m a head thereby ensuring we make a bomb on sales and saving us tens of millions in purchases all whilst still enabling us to win everything going.

Harvey Barnes just signed a new Leicester contract. Shame, that's the one English player I was hoping we'd be interested in as he's gone under the radar a bit due to injury and missing the Euros

Looks like Kane staying at Spurs & City no doubt gonna use that 100m to sign Lewa instead now he's come out & said that.

You're not following Momo. If permitted BB, Binomial and I think Donovan would have sold off most of the team by now and replaced them with journeymen/youngsters who look good in a YT compilation and cost under £20m a head thereby ensuring we make a bomb on sales and saving us tens of millions in purchases all whilst still enabling us to win everything going.
Wtf Frogfish stop being a cunt, I've never mentioned to sign anyone based off a YT compilation nor that I'd sell "most of the team."

I want the same shithouses out the club like every other fan, Wijnaldum (now gone) Ox Origi Milner & Bobby although with the latter he's started pretty well so we'll see how that goes.

I want this club to sign all the best players but that's not the model of the FC.

I put a post up recently of our net spend being negative over the last 6 windows and called it a shambles so how is that wanting to "save tens of millions"?

Wtf Frogfish stop being a cunt, I've never mentioned to sign anyone based off a YT compilation nor that I'd sell "most of the team."

I want the same shithouses out the club like every other fan, Wijnaldum (now gone) Ox Origi Milner & Bobby although with the latter he's started pretty well so we'll see how that goes.

I want this club to sign all the best players but that's not the model of the FC.

I put a post up recently of our net spend being negative over the last 6 windows and called it a shambles so how is that wanting to "save tens of millions"?

Who the fuck wants Milner gone??????

No mate, I would have just sold the deadwood, The likes of Origi,The Ox Shaqiri, and injury prone players such as Gomez and Matip...
Youtube vid's only show the best sides of players and do not give and accurate overall worth of a player, and I would not look to buy players for the re-saleable value.that's FSG bag...
But thank's for the mention :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom