• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
From experienced old heads to someone who just won League 2. Talk about extremes.'

[article]Watford Football Club is delighted to confirm the appointment of Rob Edwards as its new Head Coach, effective after the conclusion of the current 2021/22 season.

Rob had a contractual provision allowing him to leave Forest Green Rovers at any time to discuss employment opportunities at other clubs and the Hornets are delighted to confirm our discussions concluded today.

Rob joined Forest Green Rovers as Head Coach in 2021, where his attractive brand of football took the Gloucestershire side to the top of Sky Bet League Two – winning the division earlier this month for the first time in the club’s history. His efforts were recognised by the EFL when he collected the League Two Manager of the Season award.

His debut in the professional game came just after his 20th birthday and was handed to Rob by none other than the late, great Graham Taylor OBE for Aston Villa in December 2002. A successful playing career including the likes of Wolverhampton Wanderers and Blackpool was cut short by injury after just over a decade.

Rob quickly moved into coaching roles, initially within the Wolves academy. He led the Under-18 and Under-23 sides, while also experiencing an interim spell in charge of first-team affairs in 2016.

Success with Wolves’ Under-23s saw Rob win promotion to the Premier League 2, the highest division in English youth football, and his stock rose further as both Head Coach of England’s Under-16 side and a coaching role in the Young Lions’ Under-20s set-up.[/article]

What a shit group of owners!

From experienced old heads to someone who just won League 2. Talk about extremes.'

[article]Watford Football Club is delighted to confirm the appointment of Rob Edwards as its new Head Coach, effective after the conclusion of the current 2021/22 season.

Rob had a contractual provision allowing him to leave Forest Green Rovers at any time to discuss employment opportunities at other clubs and the Hornets are delighted to confirm our discussions concluded today.

Rob joined Forest Green Rovers as Head Coach in 2021, where his attractive brand of football took the Gloucestershire side to the top of Sky Bet League Two – winning the division earlier this month for the first time in the club’s history. His efforts were recognised by the EFL when he collected the League Two Manager of the Season award.

His debut in the professional game came just after his 20th birthday and was handed to Rob by none other than the late, great Graham Taylor OBE for Aston Villa in December 2002. A successful playing career including the likes of Wolverhampton Wanderers and Blackpool was cut short by injury after just over a decade.

Rob quickly moved into coaching roles, initially within the Wolves academy. He led the Under-18 and Under-23 sides, while also experiencing an interim spell in charge of first-team affairs in 2016.

Success with Wolves’ Under-23s saw Rob win promotion to the Premier League 2, the highest division in English youth football, and his stock rose further as both Head Coach of England’s Under-16 side and a coaching role in the Young Lions’ Under-20s set-up.[/article]

I give him til early September.

Missed this appointment. This transfer rumour makes even more sense now.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...pool-bolster-scouting-department-new-21192902

[article]Liverpool have appointed former Aberdeen head of recruitment Russ Richardson to their scouting department.

Richardson will take a role in helping the Reds unearth talent across the United Kingdom.

He spent eight years working at Scottish Premiership side Aberdeen having previously been chief scout at Bristol City.

Richardson left the Pittodrie outfit in May two months after Derek McInnes, who he had worked with at Bristol City, exited his post as manager.

Richardson predominantly worked in England while with Aberdeen, and spotted a number of players in the lower leagues who were eventually moved on to other clubs for a profit.

Most prominent was former Everton Academy youngster Sam Cosgrove, who was signed from Carlisle United for around £35,000 and went on to score 47 goals in 103 games before moving to Birmingham City for £2million earlier this year.

Richardson will work under Liverpool's head of scouting and recruitment Dave Fallows and Barry Hunter, the club's chief scout.

With the impact of Brexit affecting the ability of Premier League clubs to sign talent from abroad, Liverpool are intensifying their efforts to bring in English youngsters such as teenage duo Kaide Gordon and Calum Scanlon, who were bought from Derby County and Birmingham City respectively last season.[/article]

Arf. When I was a nipper we kinda had one of those. My dad was a Government vet and covered farms and abattoirs. One of his/our first cars was a Lada and often showed signs of where it had taken him, though when it did he always cleaned it that weekend. :D

As for Coutinho: curse of leaving Liverpool, innit.

Arf. When I was a nipper we kinda had one of those. My dad was a Government vet and covered farms and abattoirs. One of his/our first cars was a Lada and often showed signs of where it had taken him, though when it did he always cleaned it that weekend. :D

I had some driving lessons in my dads Lada , like a bloody tank to drive, :D

Depends whom we need to replace and what the price is. If we do go in for him I doubt we'll be the only ones, so he won't be cheap.

Tbf I don't think prime Messi could save Leeds the way they are playing, they are making Everton look like a competent outfit at the moment.

Ha, i didn’t think anyone on here would have been near such a Lada. Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom