• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer window nearly upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit.

Arsenal are allegedly in pole position to start a bidding war with Liverpool to sign Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette after the Frenchman revealed his dream is to play abroad.

Scouts from England and Spain have been closely following Lacazette's development and the 23-year-old has impressed, with 19 goals in 20 appearances for Lyon this season. Arsenal and Liverpool are rumoured to both in for the forward, valued at around £15million, ad the player told Yahoo that he is keen on moving to the Premier League.

Liverpool could land Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain six months earlier than planned. The Reds know a £30million bid will trigger Higuain's release clause and initially wanted to land the star next summer, but now look set secure the deal before the end of January.

Napoli manager Rafael Benitez today wrapped up the signing of Sampdoria frontman Manolo Gabbiadini for £11million - creating further competition among his strikers. And with the club under pressure from Financial Fair Play to keep the books balanced, they may have to offload a forward to make room for Gabbiadini.
And that player looks set to be Higuain, who is expected to force a move away from the Serie A club in June at any rate.

Benitez has already had to fend off speculation Higuain cannot play alongside fellow striker Duvan Zapata, while the club also boast attacking talents Jose Callejon, Lorenzo Insigne, Michu and Dries Mertens. "Can Higuain and Zapata play together? Yes, it's a possibility and we did that a few times during games, but it can be an option when starting too," Benitez said last month.

Napoli also today confirmed the signing of Ivan Strinic. The left-back arrived from Dnipro.

Astounding.... Why haven't Napoli signed some reserve keepers???

B6_xuh1CcAAu2qX.jpg

Add another W after today's win.

Turin newspaper Tuttosport went with a headline in their Friday edition reading 'Lucas Leiva: Liverpool, I'm leaving', and they go on to claim quite strongly that the midfielder has told the Premier League club he wants a transfer out of there during the current transfer window.

Tuttosport say that yesterday Lucas Leiva asked Liverpool for a transfer, for the second time. It's explained that the first occasion was during November when the Brazilian footballer told Liverpool he wanted a loan move. Brendan Rodgers then started to show the midfielder a little more love, but that hasn't made a great difference. Lucas Leiva has apparently told Liverpool he wants a transfer, and for it to be permanent.

His wish is to move to Inter Milan and Tuttpsort say he's asked Liverpool to accept a bid from the club. Liverpool want a reasonable sounding €7m but Inter Milan would rather not pay that much, especially after the Xherdan Shaqiri deal. A loan would suit them, but not Liverpool, better.

It's got to be noted that the Italian press always think players want to join Italian clubs and, of course, they can't always be right.

Selling Lucas now would be daft. I've wanted a proper replacement for him for years, but the middle of the season is hardly the time for bringing in a new DM.

Yeah, doubt we'll sell him if Inter doesnt make a ridiculous offer.

I'd love to sign Imbula as his replacement. But Marseille wont sell in January I reckon.

Wilfried Bony fee in excess of £25m, rising with add-ons. Bony medical expected in Abu Dhabi. More on @SkySportsNewsHQ #MCFC

Liverpool are keen to bring in another forward, says the Sunday Mirror, which has identified three possible targets for Brendan Rodgers.

The paper suggests Saido Berahino is stalling contract talks with West Brom in the hope of a £20m move to Anfield, while Rodgers is also weighing up a £15m bid for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, although that is not expected to be high enough.

Also on the Reds' radar is Birmingham youngster Demarai Gray, with the Mirror reporting the Reds and Tottenham are both interested in signing the £5m-rated 18-year-old

Tony Pulis is also looking at bringing Demba Ba to the Hawthorns, according to The People.
Ba left Chelsea just six months ago and has been plying his trade with Besiktas, but may welcome a quick return to the Premier League.

• Manchester City are keeping tabs on Lyon's £25m-rated forward Alexandre Lacazette, with Stevan Jovetic and Alvaro Negredo set for permanent exits from the Etihad Stadium. (Daily Star Sunday)
  • Chelsea are preparing a surprise move for Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus, with Andre Schurrle's future at Stamford Bridge looking uncertain. (Sunday Express)
  • Spurs are preparing to let six first-team players - including winger Aaron Lennon - leave White Hart Lane during the January transfer window. (Sunday Mirror)
  • Newcastle have opened talks with former Lyon head coach Remi Garde over the vacant manager's position. (Daily Star Sunday)
  • Aston Villa want Manchester United's Adnan Januzaj on loan - and are also chasing Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair. (Daily Star Sunday)

@bbc606: .@MCFC will soon have 4 of the top 5 goalscorers of 2014:

Bony (20)
Agüero (18)
Touré (17)
Rooney (16)
Dzeko (14)

[via @Squawka]

Shit.

Arsenal are allegedly in pole position to start a bidding war with Liverpool to sign Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette after the Frenchman revealed his dream is to play abroad.

Scouts from England and Spain have been closely following Lacazette's development and the 23-year-old has impressed, with 19 goals in 20 appearances for Lyon this season. Arsenal and Liverpool are rumoured to both in for the forward, valued at around £15million, ad the player told Yahoo that he is keen on moving to the Premier League.

If I were Lyon, I'd spark a bidding war, too.

He'll clearly go to a team that qualifies for the CL next season.

My money's on Chelsea coming in for him in the summer.

LIVERPOOL is interested in Mat Ryan after the Club Brugge No. 1 was named Belgian Pro League keeper of the year for the second straight season on Thursday.

The 22-year-old Aussie - currently with the Socceroos in Australia for the Asian Cup - has played in Belgium for only two seasons, but has picked up the gong twice thanks to his superb form for the ladder leaders.

And his consistency hasn’t gone unnoticed, with the Guardian reporting Reds manager Brendan Rodgers to be “monitoring” his situation.

“The Liverpool manager has expressed concern over Mignolet’s struggle to adapt to the team’s style since his £9m move from Sunderland in 2013 and second-choice Brad Jones is out of contract at the end of the season,” Andy Hunter writes.

I rate him very highly and not because I'm Australian. He's short, sure, 5'11 but has an outstanding leap, agile, appears to be quite commanding of his box, is only 22 and has fantastic distribution. Would suit our style well.
Plus, as the article states, he's just won the award for being the best keeper in the Belgium league for the second year in a row. I'm all about this rumour and would love it to be true. Either way, he won't be staying in Belgium long as he's been strongly linked with PSV.

Linked with Aussie keeper Matthew Ryan from Brugge.
Any good?

For some reason I just had a feeling we would end up being linked to Matt Ryan at some stage. I've mentioned his name on here a few times and its funny to see that it's actually come about now!

I rate this guy & and the thing is at 22yrs old he is only going to get better and better. He is not the finished product just yet but every year he is going strength to strength.

A fantastic shot stopper, solid physique, and also importantly his distribution is QUALITY. As a person he comes across as being very humble & a well grounded individual who has his head screwed on right. Strong work ethic all round.

I think he can definitely make the step up if he keeps progressing at the rate he is - although I think a move to a club like Liverpool would be maybe 2 years premature. I'd like to see us sign him & loan him out another 2 seasons and allow him keep progressing before bringing him as our possible no.1 - as Chelsea did with Courtois.

Club Brugge signed him for 90,000GBP are going to make an absolute killing when they decide to sell him.

From 17 to 20 he played 3 years in the A-League and won the following individual awards:
  • A-League young footballer of the year - 2010–11, 2011–12
  • Joe Marston medal - 2011 ... which is awarded to the best player in the A-League grand final
  • A-League gk of the year - 2011-12
  • Australia's best u20 player of the year - 2011, 2012
  • Australia's best u23 player of the year - 2011-12
  • A-League team of the season - 2011-12
Since moving to Club Brugge, in the 2 seasons he has been there:
  • Belgium Pro League gk of the year x 2 ... 2 seasons in a row

Liverpool are scouting the highly rated Australian No 1 Matthew Ryan, as they consider a long-term solution for their goalkeeper problems.

Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, and the Anfield transfer committee are closely monitoring Ryan, who plays his club football for Belgian side Bruges. There is no immediate prospect of a bid this month, but a potential summer move is under discussion.

Ryan is on international duty with his country at the Asia Cup, where his promise has been widely discussed. Liverpool are among a host of Premier League clubs who have dispatched scouts for the competition held in Australia.

Bruge’s former sporting director, Arnar Gretarsson, is among those who believes that Ryan has already determined his future is in the Premier League.

"I don’t see him staying for much longer at Club Brugge. I think he will move to a bigger team, possibly for next season," Gretarsson said.

"I know he would like to go to the Premier League, everybody wants to play in that league, but I could also see him in the Primera Division or the Bundesliga. He definitely has the quality to play in the big three leagues."

Liverpool’s need for a new goalkeeper is well documented given the problem encountered by Simon Mignolet. The Belgian was dropped earlier this season, only to be recalled due to an injury to Brad Jones. Rodgers is prepared to bide his time in order to get the right man, which is most likely going to be at the end of the season.

Although Rodgers would love to sign Petr Cech from Chelsea, there is a feeling that he has already decided to remain in London and is more likely to head to Arsenal.

At 22, Ryan would undoubtedly fit the age profile as Liverpool pursue an emerging goalkeeping talent, but the key for Rodgers will be whether the Aussie is as adept with his feet as his hands – something with which Mignolet has struggled.

Roopy, you got any links to the two top class saves he made?

Thing is...we do not need a keeper that makes top class saves. We have one of those. It is everything else that needs improving. Encouraging that he is supposed to have good distribution. A little concerned about his height given our back line already struggles with high balls.

What I like from these highlights is that he seems to be quite fearless when coming off his line – seems to remain calm even when diving in with his hands at the striker's feet (the most stressful and vulnerable situation for a goalkeeper). What I want to see more of is how he deals with crosses, especially given his height – that element could determine whether he will become a top goalkeeper or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom