• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer window nearly upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man City are paying Bony £100k a week basic, plus a further £20k every time he plays.

That seems like a ridiculous amount.

Are Sunderland really going to pay anything like 14M for 32 year old Defoe? That's madness.

Let's apply the new rumour rules to Matthew Ryan:

Reported by approved reliable transfer sources:

The Times (Tony Barrett) - Unknown (as I don't have a subscription)
Guardian (Andy Hunter) - Yes
Express (Paul Joyce) - Yes
Telegraph (Chris Bascombe) - Yes
Echo (James Pearce) - No (as of time of this post)

Rumour classed as : RELIABLE

Unless there's one source and the rest are just copying each other?

Well there's probably only ever ultimately one source from where the stories come from, but for us - unless you have some direct connection to the club or scouts or players - the sources of information tend to be from the media.

EDIT: Also, could I ask that people post where the reports are coming from rather than just pasting the body of the story into a post? It's always good to know where these are coming from.

Man City are paying Bony £100k a week basic, plus a further £20k every time he plays.

That seems like a ridiculous amount.
He scored more goals than anybody else in the Premier League in the last year and Man City are loaded.

Man Utd pay around 3 times that for Falcao. Bony scores a lot more.

Are Sunderland really going to pay anything like 14M for 32 year old Defoe? That's madness.
The number I saw was 6 million but that was including Jozy Altidore. They may have valued him at -8 million I suppose.

The mad thing is the contract of over 70,000 for 3.5 years. That can't be right.

You know we're not going to sign anyone when you log on to SCM in the morning and note, disappointingly, that "Random Shite" is top of the thread list.

This is why Twitter is shit:

It's genuine is it? Thanks, random twitter individual, for letting me know that what is written by actual football journalists with connections to the club is correct. Possibly you could also confirm that Markovic scored against Sunderland? I won't be sure until you say it.

What I want to see more of is how he deals with crosses, especially given his height – that element could determine whether he will become a top goalkeeper or not.

Absolutely. I don't care how good the rest of his game is if he comes into the PL and suddenly finds himself under real pressure. Crosses are a real weakness for us at the moment and we need a keeper with Ming's shot-stopping ability plus the aggression and confidence to come and win crosses and totally dominate his box. Including stomping on the balls of any of our defenders that pfaff around. I really think that he is too short regardless of how agile and good a shot stopper he is.

Look at the list below, only Casillas and Valdes come close to that. No coincidence then that they can survive and thrive in La Liga, which generally has less physically aggressive players.

5'11" just seems too short for a top keeper :
Lloris : 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
Neuer : 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)
Casillas : 5' 11"
Courtois : 1.99 m (6 ft 6 1⁄2 in)
De Gea : 1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)
Cech : 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)
Stekelenburg : 6' 5"
Sirigu : 1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)
Buffon : 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)
ter Stegen : 1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)
Hart : 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)
Valdes : 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)
Weidenfeller : 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)
Butland : 6 ft 4 in (1.92 m)
v.d. Saar : 6 ft 5.5 in (1.97 m)
Reina : 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
Schmeichal (original) : 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)
Gordon Banks : 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)

The Premier League in England consists of 20 clubs. The average height of the 20 first-string (or first-choice) goalkeepers is 1.92m (6 feet, 3 inches).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom