• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Transfer Window Ratings

Prefix for Poll Threads

How do you rate the Summer 2023 transfer window

• 10/10

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 9/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8.5/10

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 8/10

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • 7.5/10

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • 7./10

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • 6.5/10

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 6/10

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • 5/10

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Less than 5 - I'm adding words below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best I could give it was a 7/10.

The good:

- We bought 4 midfielders. 3 CM's and 1 DM.
- Three of them young with potential. Could turn out to be somewhere between top class and world class.
- Got a decent price for most of them.
- Sold Fabs and Hendo, two declining players and got over £50 mill for them. Amazing business.

The bad:
- No marquee signings. Szobo probably being the closest, but it's not Bellingham
- Replaced Fabs with a 30 year old DM, It's not ideal.
- Did not buy a CB and/or a right back, leaving us a bit short in defence.
- Left it late and bungled the DM replacement signing

Summary:
If we made a marquee signing, bought a top class DM and CB in addition to Szobo and Mac, it would have been a 10/10 window for me.

Feel this fair

If part of the "grand plan" for Klopp involves bringing in Andre for £25m in January, then this window has been a 6.5. And it will become an 8, looking back, in January.

If we have no plans to buy a DM in January, then I have to say it's been a 6 (depending on how fit our CBs stay).

If they stay fit, it's a 6.

If they do not, and we're shuffling people around, it's a 3.
We are not getting Andre because we just signed the Dutch Gini 2.0!

If part of the "grand plan" for Klopp involves bringing in Andre for £25m in January, then this window has been a 6.5. And it will become an 8, looking back, in January.

If we have no plans to buy a DM in January, then I have to say it's been a 6 (depending on how fit our CBs stay).

If they stay fit, it's a 6.

If they do not, and we're shuffling people around, it's a 3.

If these 4 midfielders vibe as well as they're showing, and not only attack well, but protect our backing, it will be at worst a 7 (depending on where we finish in the competitions were in)

This window we let Phillips leave our defence and no reinforcements.
in midfield we bought in 4 new players.
Nat like last season, wasn't ever part of the plans. We let Rhys and Sepp leave as well....pointless having any of them around.

Does our forwards get a 0/10 as well then because we didn't do anything there either?

You have to rate it as an overall.

Well now, there’s some enthusiasm going around. 78% of people give this window 7 or higher.

Nat like last season, wasn't ever part of the plans. We let Rhys and Sepp leave as well....pointless having any of them around.

Does our forwards get a 0/10 as well then because we didn't do anything there either?

Nat wasn't part of the plans the season he and Rhys had to step in either. I agree with letting Rhys and Sepp go because fundamentally I don't think either one is LFC first team standard, but Gomez and Matip are always potential sicknotes and Quansah, though he seems promising, is new and still raw. We could also have done with a RB reinforcement now that Bradley's also going to miss half the season with an injury.

Our forwards are the best in the league. We needed midfielders and defenders we got one but not the other.
Yes Nat was barely used last season but he was still a option, now we don't have that option.
Oh and I did put rating in poll. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom