• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

v Penaltham Hotspurs Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not your usual lucid self, Squiggles.

But if you mean we can't defend crosses because our keepers flap and the defenders can't head the fucking ball so Kane will fuck us good and proper then I couldn't agree more.
Ha, meant run riot. Yep agreed.

In some ways we are the new 'Tottenham' of old, as in being an utterly and completely unpredictable side.

So yeah, we'll probably smash them 4-nil or something.

Or lose 6-2. Or draw.

Last three League games against Spurs have been rather attritional low-scoring draws, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise if that happened again.

I don't think they've actually beaten us for a good few years, because under Rodgers we gave them several severe whuppings

Last three League games against Spurs have been rather attritional low-scoring draws, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise if that happened again.

I don't think they've actually beaten us for a good few years, because under Rodgers we gave them several severe whuppings

Last ten results (all comps) Our score first:
2-1 H(LC)
1-1 A(PL)
1-1 H(PL)
0-0 A(PL)
3-2 H(PL)
3-0 A(PL)
4-0 H(PL)
5-0 A(PL)
3-2 H(PL)
1-2 A (PL)

Plenty of goals in there. And before you ask who should supply the goals now, the goalscorers in there contains Marcovic, Downing, Flannaghan, Moreno, Henderson and even Mario Ballotelli!!!

I was at White Hart Lane for the Flanagan goal. 5-0.

The point where I thought Rodgers might actually be the real deal, so to speak. What a game that was.

I was at White Hart Lane for the Flanagan goal. 5-0.

The point where I thought Rodgers might actually be the real deal, so to speak. What a game that was.

And it all turned out that it was Villas Boas who wasn't the deal at all?? Great game. It took them a few seasons to recover and man up to meet Liverpool again after that one!

... I always thought you knew it was a (ok ok poor) joke, but if it bothers you, I'll stop ... I don't post to hurt people, even ... wait, not going there! ;)

All good. The one slither of comfort when Utd fans have a go about our slump is me reminding them that in spite of how shit we've been in the last 2 months we are still ahead of their shower of shit

Spurs are not a "great side" for fucks sake.
Two defeat all year, 2nd in the table, 2nd last season.

As Jon has said arguably the most balanced side in the league.

Their main weakness is not having back up for Kane and it showed when he was injured.
Jansen was supposed to solve that problem but has flopped.

In the context of the league this season they are a great side whether we hate saying it or not

Lovren's injured apparently.

Disappointing as this is the type of a game where he puts in a superb performance that makes you think their is a great defender in there somehwere just lacking consistency.

Ticket related query, has anyone got a card with 2 or 3+ credits from last season they aren't using ? @Gary25 @Woland
Potentially looking for two tickets.

Two defeat all year, 2nd in the table, 2nd last season.

As Jon has said arguably the most balanced side in the league.

Their main weakness is not having back up for Kane and it showed when he was injured.
Jansen was supposed to solve that problem but has flopped.

In the context of the league this season they are a great side whether we hate saying it or not
3rd last season in a 2 horse race, 9 points off top this year after some very dubious penalty awards again.

They are not a "great" team

Don't they have a billionaire owner who bankrolls from the Caribbean?

Yes, Joe Lewis. Just checked and he's the 277th richest man in the world.
That said, he doesnt bankroll them in the same way as these other rich owners.

Yes, Joe Lewis. Just checked and he's the 277th richest man in the world.
That said, he doesnt bankroll them in the same way as these other rich owners.
I saw some stats a while back pretty much confirming this, they'd actually made a profit on transfers over the past many years if I remember correctly?

We can all hate them as much as we want but they've actually done remarkably well, bought very clever at the right time for the right prize and rode their luck with a player like Kane coming through the ranks.

Fact is I believe their current squad is better than the likes of Citeh and Arsenal and at least on par with Chelski which if nothing else indicates that there are still hope this day and age that you can actually build a very competitive team and squad without some billionaire uncle buying left, wide and center.

I saw some stats a while back pretty much confirming this, they'd actually made a profit on transfers over the past many years if I remember correctly?

We can all hate them as much as we want but they've actually done remarkably well, bought very clever at the right time for the right prize and rode their luck with a player like Kane coming through the ranks.

Fact is I believe their current squad is better than the likes of Citeh and Arsenal and at least on par with Chelski which if nothing else indicates that there are still hope this day and age that you can actually build a very competitive team and squad without some billionaire uncle buying left, wide and center.

Its not better than City or Chelsea. No way mate. Not in depth or quality.
But probably Arsenal.

So we'd all be happy with Spurs' trophy return over the last few years? Finishing top 4 would be a massive celebration regardless of whether it's accompanied by a seasonal choke when the pressure hits.

We'd be happy we're 'great' again on that basis?

Obviously, I hate Spurs with a passion not least because of their largely insufferable fans and systematic cheating. But, there's no way I'm willing to consider their recent 'achievements' as 'great' on an objective level.

So we'd all be happy with Spurs' trophy return over the last few years? Finishing top 4 would be a massive celebration regardless of whether it's accompanied by a seasonal choke when the pressure hits.

We'd be happy we're 'great' again on that basis?

Obviously, I hate Spurs with a passion not least because of their largely insufferable fans and systematic cheating. But, there's no way I'm willing to consider their recent 'achievements' as 'great' on an objective level.

Fully agree. The Spurs love fest is not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom