• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

VAR conspiracy theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing it's due to the risk of an embarrassing technical glitch. Fuck knows there's a load of reasons why even a direct wifi signal may fuck up, & they're amplified simply by the amount of other wifi enabled devices around.

The screen is gonna be needed in grounds to make this work for the fans anyway, & if the ref can see the same screen he'd have no need for a device himself.
If they were to give the ref a little monitor, well they wouldn’t but say they did, they would 100% register a different frequency that’s not 2.5 or 5ghz, which is what the public would be using. So it wouldn’t be a problem I don’t think.

Yes, they will obviously use their new toy. But how long before the use of VAR is extended to all kinds of possible infractions? I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but I know how media companies work. VAR will not be viewed as the game-fixing ally to the referee to reduce controversy and incorrect decisions by them. It's going to be seen as a great way to keep their technology and the 'screen' totally vital, and front and centre in football across the world.

Hasn't really gone that way in Rugby though has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom