1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

We need to talk about Keita..

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by The Nomad, Feb 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkmacca

gkmacca SCM Addict Member

You're quite happy to exaggerate those positions with which you disagree. That's another classic SCM trope: whilst preening yourself for your objectivity and virtue, demonising everyone else for falling so far short of your lofty standards. Instead of, you know, winding your neck in and just agreeing to disagree.

2. Peatcheo

Peatcheo Well-Known Member

He does something boss one minute, then something completely idiotic the next.

You can clearly see he has bags of talent, fingers crossed he finds his feet soon.

Frogfish and ibromurph like this.
  3. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

I hope he finds his fucking brain first, although he might need to borrow an electron microscope.

4. darkstarexodus

darkstarexodus Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think he's not keita out for the Premier League.

5. davud graham

davud graham Dude Member

That's a good point about players being in positions they're not comfortable with and Milner looks all at sea at right back. Apart from Trent they're aren't many young players getting much of a go in the league as Klopp tends to play them all in the league and Fa cup as he isn't arsed about them. Sometimes is might be better playing a kid in his natural position rather than a midfielder in defence who's all over the place positionally. Milner in place of Keita or Lallana would have given the midfield much better balance last night and a young lad at right back couldn't have done much worse than MIlner defensively really.

mark1975 and Frogfish like this.
  6. Oncy

Oncy Guest

Hes muck. We made a mistake. He shouldnt be playing.

7. Markeh

Markeh Very Well-Known Member

I'd start him against Bournemouth and not just out of injury based necessity, he needs games and I'd like to see if he can build on his last two matches. Provided he starts beside two of our preferred centre midfielders.

I'd also bin Milner at right back.

8. Woland

Woland Part of the Furniture Member

He took a year off and can't get his shit together again. See Torres and Sanchez for other cases of this terrible disease. Thoughts and prayers.

9. Mystic

Mystic Moderator Moderator

Ha, no, if people are gonna post such hyperbolic shite like the posts below (and that's just from this thread) , I'm gonna contest them, there's no exegeration. I'm glad you appreciate my high level of objectivity, though.

Dave G, Frogfish and MaBigTip like this.
  10. Brizzle

Brizzle Well-Known Member

He has been in the team largely when we have been disjointed and without rhythm. There are a few things here 1) you could argue that part of his role is to drive and create rhythm and 2) you could argue that it is hard for anyone to perform well when we are playing with our heads down.

Either way - he is struggling and Klopp has tried to show faith in him to inspire his confidence (rather than saying 'i don't trust you sit on the bench') and it hasn't paid off.

11. gene hughes

gene hughes Part of the Furniture Member

12. tombrown

tombrown Very Well-Known Member

.. don't shave?

13. The Nomad

The Nomad Well-Known Member

So he had a great game did he?

Wasn't at fault for the goal?
    Didn't jog back after losing the ball?

#mysticvision

14. Brizzle

This line I disagree with, I guess the only thing he could have done better is go down when shoved by Noble? But bit risky. No shove and he gets a block in. It was very clever from West Ham, i think trying to pin that one on Naby is a bit desperate. I agree that he is under performing though.

Frogfish likes this.
  15. ILD

ILD Very Well-Known Member

Keita has been very disappointing so far in his short career with us. It's also frustrating as he was the summer signing we could all get behind. He still looks very talented so let's not write him off as a dud yet. Fabinho went from the bench to the hypothetical transfer list to become our most important midfielder in the space of a month.

I don't get the aggressive hate towards Keita though. It does seem like a certain section of poster and fans out there have really gotten stuck into him. There is no agenda as everyone wanted him to succeed but I do think he is getting too much flak when others around him as also under performing. I think Shaq is benefiting from the extra attention Keita is receiving right now. His poor performances haven't been documented much recently. He has been way below par for a while now.

The whole 'saga' nearly reminds me of Aqualani. We all wanted him to do well, he looked excellent in clips, the hype was there. His performances were, like Keita's are now, viewed under a microscope. He was bashed for a sloppy pass even though others around him were as guilty and then any decent pass he made was gushed over.

Keita deserves some support as he's clearly a talented player. Has his lived up to the fee and hype -No. Will he turn it around - Hope so.

Dave G, Mystic and Frogfish like this.
  16. gkmacca

gkmacca SCM Addict Member

There's no 'aggressive hate'. Why those who like a player or aren't much bothered either way or are wannabe PR representatives of him have to portray critics as lantern-lit, noose-tying, eye-bulging zealots intent on 'agenda-setting' and 'witch-hunting' is beyond me. He's a huge disappointment. That provokes exasperation and intense frustration if you think there''s potential there. No agenda. No witch hunt. Just disappointment and frustration and concern (cranked up every now and again by those who intervene to protest he's doing fine).

17. peekay

peekay Well-Known Member

Very good post. Still unable to wrap my head around why Clyne was allowed to leave. In 2009 January, we sold Keane and did not replace him. In the 2014 title chase, we did not strengthen and was running on fumes by the time we reached May. It looks like the same thing has happened now.

Markeh likes this.
  18. Brizzle

if Hendo & Gini aren't back for Sat. What do we do? He needs benching, but how do we address that midfield?

19. ILD

I haven't noticed protestations that he's doing fine. Perhaps a few are pointing out some positive moments Keita is having but the general consensus is that he has been a major disappointment so far.

Not sure what to class as aggressive hate but on this forum I'm pretty sure I've read dud, useless, liability etc which all seem OTT when the player is clearly talented. He isn't showing it right now which is concern and a worry. Will he turn it around - I hope so. For the record, I'd all fit, I'd play Fabinho, Gini and Keita in midfield with Henderson rotated in and out. That is potentially our best mix.

20. ILD

Clyne clearly left for non footballing reasons. It's frustrating but Klopp didn't seem interested in playing him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.