• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We need to talk about Keita..

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was ok yesterday and hit one worldy pass. He missed an open goal from six yards, which wasn't on Match of the Day for some reason.

Looked loads better next to Gini, who was actually ace, as was Fab.

He was ok yesterday and hit one worldy pass. He missed an open goal from six yards, which wasn't on Match of the Day for some reason.

Looked loads better next to Gini, who was actually ace, as was Fab.
Take a look again at the Keita highlights Rurik posted. He was a lot lot better than just 'OK'.

Nobody has been hysterical.
Hes been shit to date. Aparantly yesterday he was ace.

Its hardly fucking confusing.

Robertson got pelters when he made that dumb tackle the other day. Firmino got ripped apart for the performance against west ham.

Its ok to critisice shite when it happens.

Certainly im not stopping.

I get that it's ok to critisise when warranted, but you have to admit to the fact that you and others are often hyperbolic in the extreme and leads to others going too far in trying to balance opinion.

Gomez is not a shit footballer, even if he had some shit moments as a teenager. Gini is not a shithouse ghost. Keita is not rubbish.

I get that it's ok to critisise when warranted, but you have to admit to the fact that you and others are often hyperbolic in the extreme and leads to others going too far in trying to balance opinion.

Gomez is not a shit footballer, even if he had some shit moments as a teenager. Gini is not a shithouse ghost. Keita is not rubbish.
Gomez is a shit fullback. I never critisiced Gini and Keita has been shite to date.
I dont see the issue with calling things as you see them.

Ive never once said x will never ever get better, or y is a shit footballer period.

Ive defended Lovren, Ox, Lallana, Lucas, Firmino, Henderson amongst others when they were being railled against.

But to suggest that posters are hysterical because they have the audacity to call a player out playing shit is ridiculous.

I just dont understand the need to defend the contrary position.
‘He just needs time to.....’
‘He will turn out ok.....’

Thats ace, thats what we all want. Doesnt mean we cant call him shit when hes shit

Yeah I was at the match. He was ok. Gini and Fab were better but he was ok. Big encouraging improvement. Wish he would have scored that sitter, think that might have given him more confidence.

Nobody has been hysterical.
Hes been shit to date. Aparantly yesterday he was ace.

Its hardly fucking confusing.

Robertson got pelters when he made that dumb tackle the other day. Firmino got ripped apart for the performance against west ham.

Its ok to critisice shite when it happens.

Certainly im not stopping.
People where being hysterical, and I provided plenty of posts showing that. None where from you or Macca mind, but you seem to be getting offended on their behalf. Nothing wrong with criticising a performance, but shit like "he should be stripped of the number 8 shirt" is top quality hysteria.

So what ? There's no way whenever I went to a match I could tell you every move/pass/tackle each player made. And he was .. but said he had a crap seat.
I've said before on this very thread. YouTube and highlights can make players seem like superstars. Think Markovic.

You need to see a whole game to have context of how good/not good he was. Not a compilation of best bits/All touches. And even better at a match.

One of the best players I ever seen live was Suarez. Not for what you saw on the TV. But for what you didn't see. The work rate. The movement. The communication.

I watched MoTD and he was great yesterday from what I could see also.

It was a good spec for atmos, just couldn't see the finer details of the far box so didn't know about the Mane offside thing or whether Gini had meant it, and I wasn't sure if someone was ten or twenty yards from goal. Wouldn't want it as a season ticket but it would be ace for big games. Fine for most of the midfield play / off the ball stuff. Could smell their farts when they were attacking in the second half

SrnDrVE.jpg

People where being hysterical, and I provided plenty of posts showing that. None where from you or Macca mind, but you seem to be getting offended on their behalf. Nothing wrong with criticising a performance, but shit like "he should be stripped of the number 8 shirt" is top quality hysteria.
I think your idea of hysteria and mine are wildly different.

It was a good spec for atmos, just couldn't see the finer details of the far box so didn't know about the Mane offside thing or whether Gini had meant it, and I wasn't sure if someone was ten or twenty yards from goal. Wouldn't want it as a season ticket but it would be ace for big games. Fine for most of the midfield play / off the ball stuff. Could smell their farts when they were attacking in the second half

SrnDrVE.jpg

Was that about row 7. My mate used to have a ticket there. Sat next to him once. Never again as I felt I missed half the game.

8. Good effort.

Yeah I had a season ticket in the Kop when I was a kid and it was all standing, and used to stand about a third the way back.

I never understood why the manager stays on the touchline. They all do it. Why?

He was very good today but they let us play ball prob more than anyone.

A step in the right direction but he’s got a long way to go yet.

I thought Bournemouth started very strong and their press was causing problems. But, as Klopp would say, we figured out how to solve the problem. And, Keita was a big part of that.

I think the key was really, really good movement by the entire front three and their touch was on today - the ball was sticking to their feet.

Second key was the midfield 3 were really in sync with each other, which has been a big problem for Keita - he has always seemed not quite sure where he is supposed to be going forward or defending.

But, with these two keys in place, Keita was the one picking the ball up from VVD, Matip and Fabinho and finding the front 3 on the move. Problem solved.

He will come good. There will be more difficult games as our personnel and other teams defensive approach is different. But, I would be very happy with this midfield 3 for United. I think their current aggressive approach would fit perfectly with what we saw yesterday from the front 6.

8. Good effort.

Yeah I had a season ticket in the Kop when I was a kid and it was all standing, and used to stand about a third the way back.

We started going right at the front, then soon wised up & got behind the second railing up, if we weren't behind the railing we eventually ended up at the front anyway!

I feel like keita is on his way to be a Lucas style divisive presence for fans.

Soon, Some will believe a simple pass is the greatest build up ever made

Some will believe a misplaced pass proves he's the worst footballer ever and should die in a ditch.

YouTube highlights are fucking shite. The point of them is to show the good things.

I feel like keita is on his way to be a Lucas style divisive presence for fans.

Soon, Some will believe a simple pass is the greatest build up ever made

Some will believe a misplaced pass proves he's the worst footballer ever and should die in a ditch.

YouTube highlights are fucking shite. The point of them is to show the good things.

Oh dear God no, I think he's better than that. He HAS to be

8. Good effort.

Mine was about 2/3 the way up and in line anny road touchline. Great seat because you could see across and Watch replays on George’s massive tv.

I've said before on this very thread. YouTube and highlights can make players seem like superstars. Think Markovic.

You need to see a whole game to have context of how good/not good he was. Not a compilation of best bits/All touches. And even better at a match.

One of the best players I ever seen live was Suarez. Not for what you saw on the TV. But for what you didn't see. The work rate. The movement. The communication.

I watched MoTD and he was great yesterday from what I could see also.
Again with this 'highlights'. it wasn't highlights, it was his every touch. Not sure how you continue not to get this. And yes you can get a lot from seeing a players' every touch in a game'. Did you watch them ? I'm sure how much more 'context' you could add to them. Although I do agree about off the ball movement that's rather less relevant with a central midfielder who's almost always in the frame than say an attacker when we're defending or a defender when we're attacking.

Again with this 'highlights'. it wasn't highlights, it was his every touch. Not sure how you continue not to get this. And yes you can get a lot from seeing a players' every touch in a game'. Did you watch them ? I'm sure how much more 'context' you could add to them. Although I do agree about off the ball movement that's rather less relevant with a central midfielder who's almost always in the frame than say an attacker when we're defending or a defender when we're attacking.
Sweet Lord. I clarified what I meant with my second paragraph.

To put into context. Ozil is world class when he 'touches' the ball. Off the ball.. he's lazy as fuck.

While not claiming Keita is like Ozil. He clearly isn't. My point is, you need to watch a whole game. Not just 'all touches'.

So no I tend to ignore those compilations. And telling people who went to a match to watch such compilations seems a bit much.

It's just my opinion.

I thought some of his stuff was really really good, and some of it piss poor. He seemed to get the ball a lot given to him, and give it straight back to whoever sent it, or pass it backwards/sideways. Not losing possession, but not exactly doing anything either. And then he sprinkled in a few moments of magic. He was guilty of jogging about with no urgency at times also. He was ok-good, but I did think the other 2 midfielders were standout better than him. But it was a good day at the office for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom