• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We need to talk about Keita..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give an exception in the case of The Nomark, offering "he's fucking shit" or whatever it was, isn't really constructive. That said, I can't be arsed with these posts pulling people up for being objective or critical over genuine issues. (I'm not having a go at Molby btw)

Like all the muppets posting "we're top of the league FFS" after each of the last two games. Well, unfortunately we're not top now. The pressure is on and whoever is leading the pack after the next game is finely in the balance. What has gone from a healthy 7 point lead has now been reduced and we're banking on not continuing to struggle as we have been recently. Pretty soon we'll probably be putting up with posts about us finishing 4th last season meaning that a title challenge that ended in March is real progress, that finishing in the CL places again is real progress, that we'll challenge stronger next year (assuming no one gets fucked off waiting and leaves), the usual rose tinted, happy-clappy, Arsenal mentality bollocks.

The fact is, we've got as good a chance as any to win the league and we're in danger of losing the opportunity. Like we did under Rodgers, Rafa and Houllier, I don't want to be a fucking nearly team again, only for it all to fall apart next season, as history has shown us can happen.

And let's not forget, alot of the same posters were the ones banging on about how great it was to crash out the domestic cups. The fact is, we're facing a Bayern side in the CL and we're dropping our lead in the league. We don't succeed in either of those competitions, we win nothing, again. Some might find some progress to pick out of that, personally I think after 10 years, it's about time we stopped picking signs of progress out as though it's silverware and we go win some actual silverware.
I hope that was an autocorrect rather than a slight. Haha.

And let's not forget, alot of the same posters were the ones banging on about how great it was to crash out the domestic cups. The fact is, we're facing a Bayern side in the CL and we're dropping our lead in the league. We don't succeed in either of those competitions, we win nothing, again. Some might find some progress to pick out of that, personally I think after 10 years, it's about time we stopped picking signs of progress out as though it's silverware and we go win some actual silverware.

We have an injury crisis and a small squad. The last thing we need is more games in meaningless competitions, especially considering we lost Lovren due to this very issue.

I'm also not trying to forget my apathy towards the cups, nor am I embarrassed about it, no matter how many posts you put up trying to suggest I (and the others) are. I don't talk about them because I just don't care about the cups. Neither does the board, the manager or even the press (despite the talk about us being a "national embarrassment"). The only mistake we made was to play any senior pros in the games because Lovren could have been useful now.

Last edited:
And that's not a criticism of Klopp or the actual progress he has achieved, I love him and think he's done brilliantly. But let's not be small-time eh, every single time our returns are diminished, there's always some annoying knobhead looking for a silver lining. After all this time and at my age, as the years roll by with another false dawn, I think I can be forgiven for not getting carried away with the hype and looking for a positive in everything. We're not winning trophies, so for all our current excitement and excellent spirit as a club these days, the bread and butter stuff, still seems just out of our grasp. So forgive me if I'm not sat here lauding the fact that we were top of the league last week.

That is fair enough Mark I'm just pointing out that there is often far too many annoying knobheads pointing out how we aren't twenty points clear or haven't won a trophy yet.

Yeah... we know... we can see it.

I'm a bit old school about it and I'm not so sure being overly pessimistic and instantly critical about a team which has only lost once in the league is the right path.

IF and it is genuinely is an IF because we've been out of kilter due to numerous injuries but IF we win our game in hand than we are top of the league, a league which contains an opposing team which has been regularly discussed and portrayed as one of the best premier league teams in history.

Fuck me... I've been in worse places over the years...

In the even wider picture, it is also worth pointing out that nowadays a draw away at WH is catastrophic, I've seen us regularly do far far worse over the years.

"We need to talk about" .... yeah really? ... we need to talk about persistent negativity when it seems to me our team, regardless of whether they cross the line in first place or not, have been giving it a really good fucking effort.... we need to talk about support.

But opinions and arseholes eh...

There are no guarantees at all this season or any season and If I have the opportunity to be optimistic I don't see that choosing pessimism is necessarily the right path nor beneficial to our own individual mental health's nor the feeling around the team.

Are we disappointed with Keita? Yes we all are. Is he gonna be a definite failure and hence warrant a thread to slag him off? Ermmm...

I was distraught that we didn't win in Kiev in May, it upset me deeply, but then I fucking LOVED us getting there, we didn't get the trophy due to shit goalkeeping and a dirty spik cunt but we were the most exciting team in Europe last season. That an Improvement on 25 or 26 of the last 29 years at least.

On Jan 4th we could have gone 10 points clear but we narrowly shat the bed, we shipped out Clyne and then Oops! straight off we had injury to TAA, Lovren is seemingly a perma-crock, while Gomez leg ain't right... red card for Milly for good measure.... and them forwards of ours aren't banging em in like they used to...

lots of horrible things happening.

Yeah...

We still go top if we win our GIH that in itself is objective.

I'm still not convinced we aint nifty as hell and in with a shout and I'm far from sure that Keita is gonna be a permanent shit show.

Last edited:
That is fair enough Mark I'm just pointing out that there is often far too many annoying knobheads pointing out how we aren't twenty points clear or haven't won a trophy yet.

Yeah... we know... we can see it.

On the other hand, it is terribly frustrating that we've a genuine chance of winning the league but dropped 4 points in the last two games to halt momentum.

No question, but there are two ways of looking at that. One can give way to the undoubted frustration of it OR one can reflect that we wouldn't be so frustrated had we not been in such a good position in the first place, and use it as a springboard from which to come back fighting. We are Liverpool, the Istanbul miracle workers. We've beaten worse than this before.

Are we allowed to use racial slurs as long as you speak the language?

Are we allowed to use racial slurs as long as you speak the language?

Ok ok... flipping heck....

I apologize to any Spaniards...

As it happens I’m very much a Hispanophile, in the UK , unlike the US we don’t consider them to be a different race per se so I was endeavouring to be “racist” ... if he was French I would have called him a Frog cunt.

I’m not sure if Hispanophile exists as a word?

Regardless... he is a dirty cunt and I wish him and all his teammates and fans nothing but ill.

A rare positive, optimistic post from me here, but I haven't lost all hope with Keita. Hopefully his quality will shine through over time. Maybe it's just a sticky start adapting to a new language, culture, team mates, city etc etc.

If he's shit next season, then...

It did take wijnaldum 3 seasons to show any kind of consistency so let’s not give up all hope. He’s shown flashes of ability just nowhere enough considering the price tag.

Not sure it was great, but certainly was grounds for optimism. Should be qualified by the fact that this was one of our easier games, but I do feel that if this team is to rise up and go on a title-winning run, we will need Naby to be a big part of it. Once Fabinho found his feet our level of play improved. If Naby could provide a similar stimulus it would make a huge difference to our run-in.

Much easier for him to demonstrate his vision and drive when the players in front of him are on form and making great runs. Loved it today.

He was ace today. Seriously. Was gutted I wasn't there cos off the ball you could see Fabinho & Gini bombing forwards when he wasn't doing, which suggests he was allowing them to do it, of course, cos he wasn't on the ball then you cant see if true on the telly.

Hopefully, he'll crack on from here & get better & better, it feels like he just needs a bit of luck to get a goal.

Mystic will be heartbroken by people praising him for a good performance after criticising him for some poor performances. It must strike him as crazy relativism.

He was very good today but they let us play ball prob more than anyone.

A step in the right direction but he’s got a long way to go yet.

Mystic will be heartbroken by people praising him for a good performance after criticising him for some poor performances. It must strike him as crazy relativism.
Not as heartbroken as you are that me (and the others saying it) have been justified in pointing out hysterical people around here were being.

I haven't seen the game today.. but I read that Keita had a great performance.
He did - He was fantastic. Best performance by him so far. His little scoop down bit of control to Milner for the first goal was sublime. I'm a big fan. The best thing is, he's only going to get better.

P.S - Happy birthday for the other day man :)

Not as heartbroken as you are that me (and the others saying it) have been justified in pointing out hysterical people around here were being.
Nobody has been hysterical.
Hes been shit to date. Aparantly yesterday he was ace.

Its hardly fucking confusing.

Robertson got pelters when he made that dumb tackle the other day. Firmino got ripped apart for the performance against west ham.

Its ok to critisice shite when it happens.

Certainly im not stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom