• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weekend games

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like they signed a black Aqualani. Except instead of wasting 30m they've wasted 100m and ti make it look even stupider, they gave him away for free two years earlier.

Blaqualani.

Can I say that?
i'll allow it

Louis Van Gaal after 9 games last season - 19 points.
José Mourinho after 9 games this season - 14 points

Moyes after 9 games - 14 points.

Nice to see Utd back to the norm after that blip with LVG last season.

Conte observed that one of the differences between him and Mourinho is that he used to be a footballer. I don't know why this isn't used more often to wind Mourinho up, because it clearly does. Deep down he's still a PE teacher with a clipboard. The meltdown has been a delight.

It was interesting to see that the OPTA statistics showed the Chelsea/United match to be a very even contest, with both sides getting similar scores under all the various criteria.

Although some on this forum like quoting statistics to support their theories, I don't think they are of much practical value.

Conte observed that one of the differences between him and Mourinho is that he used to be a footballer. I don't know why this isn't used more often to wind Mourinho up, because it clearly does. Deep down he's still a PE teacher with a clipboard. The meltdown has been a delight.
completely agree.

Its annoyed me ever since he started. It would be so easy to just disregard anything he says.

Not that I am complaining, but what is wrong with Pogba? I know he was overpriced at 90 million but he looks overpriced at 35 million based on his current performances.

Is he really that good?

Is it the fact that he stood out with his pace and power in Serie A which is not that big of a deal in the premier league? Or having Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio beside him to do the actual midfield stuff, enabled him to focus on the highlight reel stuff which he cannot do with Fellaini and Herrera?
The Italian league is shite, I said at the time he was shite and it's proving to be the case.
Veron mark II

The Italian league is shite, I said at the time he was shite and it's proving to be the case.
Veron mark II

Yeah, that a bit over the top.

Pogba hasn't settled because i think he's bought in to the "most expensive footballer" thing. Thankfully mourinho isn't the manager to snap him out of that mentality as he has the man management skills of a honey badger with aspergers.

If someone could bring him back to earth, he could dominate this league.

If Chelsea had bought him he would be special, primarily because conte knows how to deal with him

Veron mark II

As is for Zlatan. Too old for the prem. He was a joy to watch in Paris but he wont last in England past this season. Calls for him to be dropped now too.

Yeah, that a bit over the top.

Pogba hasn't settled because i think he's bought in to the "most expensive footballer" thing. Thankfully mourinho isn't the manager to snap him out of that mentality as he has the man management skills of a honey badger with aspergers.

If someone could bring him back to earth, he could dominate this league.

If Chelsea had bought him he would be special, primarily because conte knows how to deal with him
I dunno, it's not like he's playing like even a 25m players. He's been totally rubbish, I think he's just getting bullied out of it. How long until Jose losing patience.

It's brilliant to watch

I dunno, it's not like he's playing like even a 25m players. He's been totally rubbish, I think he's just getting bullied out of it. How long until Jose losing patience.

It's brilliant to watch

Pogba needs to be let loose. Hes not a player who can be caged. He's a similar beast (potentially at least) to gerrard in his pomp. I'm happy mourinho has the shackles on

The bloke he accuses of not being honest - I'm not sure, but it sounded like Matt Law - that's outrageous. He should get hammered for that.

The press has always loved him (in this country anyway). I'm hoping that this can shatter the love.

Pogba needs to be let loose. Hes not a player who can be caged. He's a similar beast (potentially at least) to gerrard in his pomp. I'm happy mourinho has the shackles on

He's more likely to win the Salon d'or then the Balon d'or this season.

The bloke he accuses of not being honest - I'm not sure, but it sounded like Matt Law - that's outrageous. He should get hammered for that.

You don't think reporters are dishonest?
Obviously I don't know which one who said it to but it sounded like he has history with him and he was merely pointing out he wasn't going to comment as he would twist his words.
Fairly honest assessment imo.
I just love the fact he had to sit there and talk through a 4-0 drubbing and not talk about having the best job in the world

As is for Zlatan. Too old for the prem. He was a joy to watch in Paris but he wont last in England past this season. Calls for him to be dropped now too.
I always only ever thought of him as a one season player anyway he's what 35?

Perhaps but Pogba doesn't have the nasty side to his fame Gerard did when he first arrived. Remember gerrard was as likely to break a leg as he was to score a screamer when he first broke through. I don't think Pogba is up for the physical side. He's score nice goals and look flash when they are strolling but will never lead that team.
90m no chance

You don't think reporters are dishonest?
Obviously I don't know which one who said it to but it sounded like he has history with him and he was merely pointing out he wasn't going to comment as he would twist his words.
Fairly honest assessment imo.
I just love the fact he had to sit there and talk through a 4-0 drubbing and not talk about having the best job in the world

I think it was a bizarre thing to say. Actually, lawyers are right on the backs of footie hacks these days. Twenty years ago they'd approximate quotes without making that clear. If you check these days you'll see even the slightest alteration/clarification is put in parentheses to distinguish it from actual spoken comments. Saying somene's crap is one thing but accusing them if being dishonest is a pretty dangerous allegation. And if I'm right and he was saying it of Matt Law, well, the guy is very dull, he's a weird one to single out for that kind of abuse.

I think it was a bizarre thing to say. Actually, lawyers are right on the backs of footie hacks these days. Twenty years ago they'd approximate quotes without making that clear. If you check these days you'll see even the slightest alteration/clarification is put in parentheses to distinguish it from actual spoken comments. Saying somene's crap is one thing but accusing them if being dishonest is a pretty dangerous allegation. And if I'm right and he was saying it of Matt Law, well, the guy is very dull, he's a weird one to single out for that kind of abuse.

Maybe because he is dull.

Might as well pick on someone who merges in the background, rather than an opinionated popular journo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom