• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weekend's Other Matches (21st - 22nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are hilariously shite. Its one of the most funny things you can hear when the Goodison faithful ear their anger and the booos ring around the ground.

I keep saying it at work to everyone ... why the fuck james maddison is not playing or given a chance for england. He is out of all the current english players the most creative midfielder in terms of his passing.

He does remind me a bit of a slightly quicker, more fashionable Adam Lallana.

Can look great, but scores about one goal in 10 games

And he looks like a massive massive twat so will definitely sign for manure soon

He does remind me a bit of a slightly quicker, more fashionable Adam Lallana.

Can look great, but scores about one goal in 10 games
I dont think the goal scoring matters that much, am only saying coz England lack a creative element in central midfield, and he is good at passing and making chances for others. I think he is better at that than any current English player, so really dont understand why he does not get picked.

I dont think the goal scoring matters that much, am only saying coz England lack a creative element in central midfield, and he is good at passing and making chances for others. I think he is better at that than any current English player, so really dont understand why he does not get picked.

Because #10’s are a dying breed and don’t fit into the majority of modern tactical systems. England is playing 4-3-3 with a robust midfield and most of the goal threat coming from the front 3, just like us. Maddison would weaken the midfield defensively or be wasted on the wing.

Just watched the highlights of the city game on MOTD 2.

After City got the first Watford strolled pasut city's defence. First delefeou just junked his way in & only Ederson stopped them scoring, Otamendi was sold a dummy way too easily. Then a simple pass & cross got in behind them with no problems at all, with both centre backs being found out of position.

Then, after that performance, Guardiola STILL talked about us, saying its us the press should be focused on cos we've only lost one league game in 18 months.

If teams with a decent defence attack these more often they'll get beaten a few more times based on that display yesterday.

FFF finding weaknesses in an 8-0 victory
Heh. It does seem daft, but Watford are SHITE, capitals really needed there, & if they can waltz past the city centre backs like that, then better sides will have joy attacking them.

Of course, you need those sides to at least try to defend, which I didn't see any evidence of Watford doing yesterday, they more or less invited them to score every time they ran forwards.

Because #10’s are a dying breed and don’t fit into the majority of modern tactical systems. England is playing 4-3-3 with a robust midfield and most of the goal threat coming from the front 3, just like us. Maddison would weaken the midfield defensively or be wasted on the wing.
Maybe that is the case, but does not stop England from deploying two solid work horses alonside Madisson. Thats more than enough cover for a defence. I also would not say he is that weak in doing his share of defence related work. Bottom line is, that none of the current lot are capable of thinking properly when put under pressure.

Just watched the highlights of the city game on MOTD 2.

After City got the first Watford strolled pasut city's defence. First delefeou just junked his way in & only Ederson stopped them scoring, Otamendi was sold a dummy way too easily. Then a simple pass & cross got in behind them with no problems at all, with both centre backs being found out of position.

Then, after that performance, Guardiola STILL talked about us, saying its us the press should be focused on cos we've only lost one league game in 18 months.

If teams with a decent defence attack these more often they'll get beaten a few more times based on that display yesterday.
What a complete load of utter fucking bollocks. Everyone knows MOTD2 is on Sunday evenings

What a complete load of utter fucking bollocks. Everyone knows MOTD2 is on Sunday evenings
Ha. Well spotted, I meant the repeat of MOTD on Sunday mornings. I find the rules about MOTD on iPlayer really odd.

It's not on iPlayer as catchup at all until Tuesday or something, but should you want to watch it live through iPlayer, you can, & if you try to watch it live, but at partway through, before it's actually ends, you can choose to watch it from the start. It just confuses me, I assume it's due to some PL rules about broadcasting highlights.

Roy Keane as a pundit on Sky? Odd choice.

Unless they're expecting a scrap between he & Souness, I don't see it being very entertaining.

He does speak a lot of sense at times, but he's hardly the most charismatic whilst doing so.

I suspect he's there to justify putting the boot into Utd more than anything else.

Roy Keane as a pundit on Sky?

I suspect he's there to justify putting the boot into Utd more than anything else.

Good enough reason for me.

Just watched Owen lay into United as part of the pre-game for today's match. It's great. Almost made the sound of his voice tolerable.

End to end this West Ham v Utd match.

I was thinking before kick off it's quite evenly matched, & it's proven that way so far, but if I were to put money on it I'd go for a narrow Utd win.

West Ham are trying too hard to make themselves look like they can play football. Sloppy errors, will cost them. Scum again with no Pogba will win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom