• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome back Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite the fall from grace in some ways.

He's gone from multiple trophy-winning success at clubs like Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Chelsea and now he's been fired by a hopeless United and finds himself taking over from Pochettino at fucking Spurs, who haven't won anything since about 1962 and consider finishing above Arsenal a great season.

Huge step down from Poch to get Jose.

Decent enough coach for a season but no long term planning, no eye for transfer (just buys flavour of the month... Which works fine when you have unlimited money but not when you have limited resources).

Never (recently) leaves a club stronger than he found it, always leaves it in disarray with everyone fallen out with everyone else.

I think this will end Spurs as a top of table competitor for a long time.

I just hope United don't get Poch. United have been too interested in replacing Fergie with "names" rather than a good manager. United have the money and they have the framework and a semi decent squad. I fear Poch would do for United what Klopp did for us.

Please go to Spain, Italy or Germany, or anywhere but United Poch!

"United have been too interested in replacing Fergie with "names" rather than a good manager"

David. Moyes.

All that said, it's still not quite the fall from grace that Benitez has suffered; Christ when you look at that it's almost painful.

Sacked by Liverpool, lasts half a year at Real Madrid and Inter Milan, then ends up in the Championship with fucking Newcastle, before going to CHINA.

Wow.

He'll get Spurs top 4 now, I'm pretty sure of that. They're only a couple of wins away and he's a far better manager than anyone in the chasing pack, and they've got a 30goal a season striker. He got that diabolical Utd team to 2nd.
He's surely not taken on a job where he's got no cash and will actually have to prove himself, he must have had some sort of assurance from Levy that there will be money, either by sales or from the club. There is just no way on earth he took the job with only a guaranteed 20mill a year transfer spend etc.

Last edited:
He'll get Spurs top 4 now, I'm pretty sure of that. They're only a couple of wins away and he's a far better manager than anyone in the chasing pack, and they've got a 30goal a season striker. He got that diabolical Utd team to 2nd.
He's surely not taken on a job where he's got no cash and will actually have to prove himself, he must have had some sort of assurance from Levy that there will be money, either by sales or from the club. There is just no way on earth he took the job with only a guaranteed 20mill a year etc.

20 Mill a year is around his salary in ManU

He's surely not taken on a job where he's got no cash and will actually have to prove himself, he must have had some sort of assurance from Levy that there will be money, either by sales or from the club. There is just no way on earth he took the job with only a guaranteed 20mill a year transfer spend etc.

Agreed.

He is poisonous, but he is a winner.

Fuck me.

Do we have another 2 1/2 seasons of listening to Dreamie wanging on about how great a manager Mourinho is before he gets sacked for being a horrible cock-end again.

Hurrah.

Hahahahahaha!

Although 2 and half seasons seems a bit optimistic

So Poch spend 5 years building a club that is ready to play a CL final and then they replaced him with the one known for tearing clubs apart in 10 months.

Crucial difference is that he also leaves the club with some trophies, which Spurs probably quite like the sound of.

At least this gives the press another manager to talk about instead of Klopp and Guardiola all day.

Hopefully he starts talking about his old friend Pep and starts their own circus.

The managers of the two best teams in Europe and champions of both major competitions tend to dominate the news. And Poch was by some distance the next most-talked about manager, because he's a total media darling and everyone loves him.

At least Mourinho will, as you say, stir some shit up and make some juicy headlines. I hope he makes Pep's head explode.

Mourinho has only got to win the league cup to be the most successful spurs manager for about fifty years, so he'll probs concentrate on that and bleat on about it until he gets paid twenty million quid to leave because the fans have started taking heroin in the stands

"I am a manager who has won two Champions League titles, I am not one who considers losing a Champions League title in the final a great success. It is still losing."

He's drafting those soundbites right now, to save up for when he thinks all the nicey-nicey platitudes about the club, players and Poch - which he WILL come out with - have served their purpose, and he needs to start deflecting criticism for playing 8 CBs and calling Harry Kane overrated.

Maybe...MAYBE....Mourinho is actually going to try and improve the results largely based on what he has, with only minimal change and funds?

Crazy, I know, but then you only have to look at the list of players that United bought on his watch to think that he's on a bit of a transfer cold streak*.

*understatement protocol engaged

He always drops then sells a top player. That's his M.O. Who will it be? If its Kane and Manure are interested he might have a couple of hundred million to play with

He always drops then sells a top player. That's his M.O. Who will it be? If its Kane and Manure are interested he might have a couple of hundred million to play with

Surely not even Mourinho is a big enough sociopathic retard to alienate, drop and then sell Harry Kane? He's hero-worshipped by literally everyone.

It would make Houllier's treatment of Fowler look like a friendly disagreement.

I dunno, it's what he does. And he needs budget. I suppose it might be different this time as about half of them already want to leave. Whether this was because of Poch remains to be seen, but I think it was coz of Levy and the wage structure.

It could be Son? He's obviously very good going forward, but he is fucking useless at defending and helping out his full-back and midfield.

EDIT: or Delle Alli.

Young, also can't defend, in a slump, will raise a load of cash if sold.........

What fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom