• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome back Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a mixed club forum I used to post on I remember United fans getting super excited about Phil Jones. Funny how times change.
I'll get destroyed for this but..................I reckon he's not a bad CB but, a bit like Phil Babb who played for us in the 90's, he hasn't got the mental strength to play for a very high profile team. He had a decent first season for United but as soon as he made a few mistakes he seemed to go to pieces and has never recovered his composure. 2 other United CB's of yesteryear Ferdinand and Pallister both had tough starts to their United careers but (unfortunately) had the strength of character to come back from it and prosper.

I think Jones would do a decent job for West Ham, Newcastle, Everton etc and if they could get him for £20m it would be worth the risk..............actually fuck that, £10m maximum because he's made of glass.

In 6 months everyone will be saying how there's no talent in this Spurs squad.

Guarantee it.

Apparently, part of his pitch to Levy was that it was one of the best squads in the league and didn't need many new players. That'd appeal to Levy, but doesn't sounds like Mourinho at all.

I might be completely wrong (probably will be) but think he'll do alright.

As Rurik said, this Spurs team seem a pretty decent fit for him on paper.

The biggest issue they have is the three players out of contract in the summer. It'll be interesting to see whether the arrival of Mourinho will keep them at the club.

I might be completely wrong (probably will be) but think he'll do alright.

As Rurik said, this Spurs team seem a pretty decent fit for him on paper.

The biggest issue they have is the three players out of contract in the summer. It'll be interesting to see whether the arrival of Mourinho will keep them at the club.

As for the players that want to leave, Im not sure how having a new manaergial face will fix that alone?

Dear Mr Levy,

I told you through my agent that I wasn't happy staying at Spurs because I feel I should be receiving more in wages and told you I planned to see out my contract and leave the club. But now I see you've gone and hired The Special One, I am so wrapped up in joy that I have decided to sacrifice my need for an extra 50 pounds a week and stay.

Many Thanks, Toby

As for the players that want to leave, Im not sure how having a new manaergial face will fix that alone?

But Jose is so nice and pleasant and uncontroversial. He gets along with everyone, why would anyone want to leave now they have the especially nice one?

Probably his biggest challenge since Porto.

Hard to see him succeeding.

It will definitely make our game against them tougher.
Er..they were CL finalists last season. I think he has gone to a club which has some very good players and he knows it.

Are we starting the sweep now for when whatever “cheerful demeanour” he starts off with slips, he starts blaming the players and throwing them under the bus while reminding everyone that it couldn’t possible be his fault and reminds everyone how many trophies he’s won (with teams with unlimited transfer budgets).

Feb - when he’s not been able to sign anyone, fucked of Dele Ali because he doesn’t track back enough and is preparing the ground work for a miserable, moany pre-season.

But Jose is so nice and pleasant and uncontroversial. He gets along with everyone, why would anyone want to leave now they have the especially nice one?
"Especially nice one" lol

Deep down Spurs fans arent happy with having Mourinho at their club...I'd be cringing if he was at Liverpool. With Klopp you know he will never manage an English club when he decides to leave, you just know he won't...but with Mourinho he is there for hire, with his template soundbites that he adapts for every situation. There were rumours he might have been Liverpool manager but Im glad we missed out on him, despite his winning record.

I bet Amazon Prime are happy, they know their prime subscription uptake will increase when the Spurs documentary is released.

It would be very funny if Mourinho's first signing was Nemanja Matic.

To partner Eric Dier and Victor Wanyama in a reshaped Spurs midfield
Mourinho is also targeting Sporting Lisbon and Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes, 25, as well as Benfica's Portuguese centre-back Ruben Dias, 22, and Manchester United's Serbian midfielder Nemanja Matic, 31. (Independent)

I think mourinho will "reluctantly" sell Kane to raise funds as Levy won't let him spend recklessly.
It would be my first move, he's worth far money in transfer value than he is in value to their team. He's exactly the kind of striker Mourinho likes though, so maybe he'll bring the best out of him.

Edit, by best I mean keep up his stunning scoring record, whilst not being a detriment to the team, as he clearly is at Spurs (see the CL final).

What?

Harry Kane is exactly what Spurs need, it's literally akin to when we lost suarez, they'd be fucked without him

It would be my first move, he's worth far money in transfer value than he is in value to their team. He's exactly the kind of striker Mourinho likes though, so maybe he'll bring the best out of him.

Edit, by best I mean keep up his stunning scoring record, whilst not being a detriment to the team, as he clearly is at Spurs (see the CL final).
In fact the more I think about it, the more I think his style could be devastatingly good with Kane up front. His more recently systems are reliant on a deadly clincal finisher, and in that regard Kane is the best in the world.

What?

Kane wasn't fit, which may have been one of the reasons.
Maybe, but I don't think Kane fits in with the style Spurs wanted to play last season, whenever Kane was injured and Son deputised they looked like a better team. I think it was caused by a combination of a drop in form of Ali, and the Moura signing, but they weren't the same. Considering they could fetch £150million+ for Kane, I think it would be better to cash in and invest on players better suited for that system, just like we did with Coutinho.

However Mourinho won't play that system, so it's kinda a moot point, he'll probably build around Kane again and bring the best out of him, he's perfect for Mourinho.

Kane did make Poch's team worse... especially since that ankle injury as he dropped deep too often. And he isn't good enough at that to.

It might work with Mourinho though.

Thats true, Kane had been playing in a much deeper role for Poch, so it wont be surprising if Kane has an upturn in form under Mourinho.
Dont think Jose will let him drop that deep, where he has been very ineffective.

Thats true, Kane had been playing in a much deeper role for Poch, so it wont be surprising if Kane has an upturn in form under Mourinho.
Dont think Jose will let him drop that deep, where he has been very ineffective.

Kane is actually very capable of playing deeper, or wider, because he's good at retaining possession, has good vision and a very decent pass and cross. The problem is that it often seems like he's doing it off his own back, rather than it being a tactic, or something they've worked on with the coaches, because he ends up being in exactly the same spaces as the likes of Son, Lamela and Dele, and they don't move, so they're all on top of each-other and nobody is taking Kane's place in the box.

It's very odd.

It's also usually a thing players do as they get older and lose pace. Midfielders start sitting deeper and strikers start "dropping" more. Kane's never been super-quick, but maybe he's a bit less mobile due to the injuries etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom