• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome back Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd sell him too given Spurs situation as he's a luxury they can't afford. Eriksen and Aderweireld are almost out of contract and centre midfield lacks presence (I don't get the all the fuss about Winks).

If they can get £30m for Eriksen and £200m for Kane and buy Koulibaly (£80m), Maddison (£80m), Grealish (£50m) and Dybala (£90m) then for £70m they have considerably strengthened their first 11 and their squad options.

........................................Lloris.........................................
Dier*....................Vertonghen............Koulibaly....................Davies
.................Maddison............Ndombele..............Grealish
..............Son...................Dybala...................Moura................

Sissoko
Alli (on the bench until his form picks up)
Lamela
Sessegnon
Winks
etc

It's an attacking line up but Sissoko can come in at DM in place of Grealish for tougher games.

*Aurier is shit and Walker-Peters doesn't look any better. Dier is lost, nobody knows his "right" position, he's not a CM'er for sure and not commanding enough to be a CB, I think it's time Spurs gave him a go at RB.
Is Eriksen not free after the Jan sales?

Is Eriksen not free after the Jan sales?
I think so but I think spurs can get a "reduced" fee for him if they shift him in January. Their main hope would be if someone like Man Utd bid £25m in January in the hope that they can bag him before he becomes a free agent in the summer and heads to Spain or Munich. Of course Eriksen might just refuse to go and wait until the summer.

Last edited:
I think so but I think spurs can get a "reduced" fee for him if they shift him in January. They're main hope would be if someone like Man Utd bid £25m in January in the hope that they can bag him before he becomes a free agent in the summer and heads to Spain or Munich. Of course Eriksen might just refuse to go and wait until the summer.
Which would be the smart move if he wants to make bank...

2437.jpg

"Welcome back Mourinho" my arse.

He can get fucked.

So one of the most sought after cb’s in world football isn’t worth more than $25m? Ha.

I might stretch to £30 mill, but no more. Couldn't give a flying one how "sought after" he is - when I watch the guy I see a powerful athlete who won't lose many physical battles but whose actual footballing skills are questionable by LFC standards. Others can bid WTF they like for him.

I might stretch to £30 mill, but no more. Couldn't give a flying one how "sought after" he is - when I watch the guy I see a powerful athlete who won't lose many physical battles but whose actual footballing skills are questionable by LFC standards. Others can bid WTF they like for him.

Then you are out of touch with reality when it comes to market value.

Wrong, as per. I'm well aware of the chatter surrounding him. The difference between us is that I'm not about to let others do my thinking for me. If I bid for him I'd offer what I, not what you or others, think he's worth. Given that at 28 years old the peak of his career has been Napoli, maybe others have had doubts similar to mine.

Last edited:
Wrong, as per. I'm well aware of the chatter surrounding him. The difference between us is that I'm not about to let others do my thinking for me. If I bid for him I'd offer what I, not what you or others, think he's worth. Given that at 28 years old the peak of his career has been Napoli, maybe others have had doubts similar to mine.

It’s nothing about others doing your thinking. It’s simply market value. In today’s market 25m wouldn’t get you any of the top rated CB’s in world football so to say that’s what you pay is just silly.

How’s that sample size look? Are you comparing like for like?

Obviously we can't compare like to like. They were in different games at different stages of the season, but the same phenomenon happened with both SG and LS whilst they're were at the peak of their game.

Teams frequently fall into a trap of relying too much on the star player and become predictable. That's what's great about Klopp's team... It's a team, not lump it to Suarez.

It Messi signed for Everton tomorrow (yeah, funny thought) but if he did,.I predict they would have a surge for 3 months and then become crap again.

I think you’re underestimating Koulibaly, JJ. He’s more than a big hunk of meat, the boy can play and organize a defense.

It’s nothing about others doing your thinking. It’s simply market value. In today’s market 25m wouldn’t get you any of the top rated CB’s in world football so to say that’s what you pay is just silly.
You are confusing 'market value' with 'what JJ would be prepared to.pay for him if he was manager' - two very different things.

Consider a Lamborghini with a market price of £400K ... personally I am not turned on, particularly, by flash cars so I don't think I would ever be prepared to pay more than 20K for one. So the value I put on it is considerably less than market value.

It means that I am unlikely to get a Lambo and JJ, if he were manager, would be unlikely to get Koulibally, but it doesn't mean we are wrong.

It's quite the fall from grace in some ways.

He's gone from multiple trophy-winning success at clubs like Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Chelsea and now he's been fired by a hopeless United and finds himself taking over from Pochettino at fucking Spurs, who haven't won anything since about 1962 and consider finishing above Arsenal a great season.

Yeah, its a bit Newcastle really, massive support and an empty trophy cabinet. You can pretty much guarantee he'll buck that trend though. For 18 months or so, before everyone gets sick of his sourness and the internal frictions he'll undoubtedly cause.

I think you’re underestimating Koulibaly, JJ. He’s more than a big hunk of meat, the boy can play and organize a defense.

Duly noted, Rurik. Sometimes I come across a player whom others rate but whom I've never seen play that well and this guy's one of them, but (by contrast with Dreamy's bloviating) I rate your assessment of a player, so I'll take another look.

Duly noted, Rurik. Sometimes I come across a player whom others rate but whom I've never seen play that well and this guy's one of them, but (by contrast with Dreamy's bloviating) I rate your assessment of a player, so I'll take another look.

Good man, you’ll find you were wrong. 25m for one the most sought after CB’s in the game :D

Thanks Pat but it still doesn't matter a darn how "sought after" he might be. Each club still makes its own mind up how much they'd want to bid for any given player, and so do I.

Thanks Pat but it still doesn't matter a darn how "sought after" he might be. Each club still makes its own mind up how much they'd want to bid for any given player, and so do I.

But your opinion doesn't really count for anything at all when it comes to player transfer fees, because Khoulibaly will be sold for at least £70m if Napoli sell him in the next 6 months, and he was subject to a bid of over 80m in summer.

So he won't be sold for 25m no matter what your opinion is.

Sigh.

I never said Koulibaly would be sold for any particular price, just what I'd consider bidding for him. If that wouldn't get him, so be it.

Yeah, I got what you meant. You personally wouldn't want to pay more than price X. I disagree, I think he's class. But you don't. That's fair enough. I don't get how people aren't getting that. Well, actually, one of those people is dreamy so...

It's not that hard to understand what JJ meant. It's literally the first graph you see in A level economics. Demand and Supply.

But your opinion doesn't really count for anything at all when it comes to player transfer fees, because Khoulibaly will be sold for at least £70m if Napoli sell him in the next 6 months, and he was subject to a bid of over 80m in summer.

So he won't be sold for 25m no matter what your opinion is.
Is Dreamy being as thick as you or are you being as thick as Dreamy?

Sigh.

I never said Koulibaly would be sold for any particular price, just what I'd consider bidding for him. If that wouldn't get him, so be it.

Fair enough and all I did was suggest your valuation is laughable compared to what he’d actually go for which it is. Of course you can say you’d pay tops 25m doesn’t mean someone can’t comment on it.

Did anyone see Mourinho's post-match interview ?

He's soooo trying to imitate Klopp.

"It's not about me...it's all about the boys....."
"...as long as they're happy....that's most important..."

It's quite funny actually.

I kinda wish Mourinho would have gone to AC Milan.
It's a team that is so far removed from their greatness ... and seemingly unable to recapture any form, or the ability to play decent footy.
Taking them to the top 4 or winning a trophy would have boosted his reputation quite a bit ...
Spurs are basically the same thing I guess - but with a far far better team just needing a 'restart'.

I kinda wish Mourinho would have gone to AC Milan.
It's a team that is so far removed from their greatness ... and seemingly unable to recapture any form, or the ability to play decent footy.
Taking them to the top 4 or winning a trophy would have boosted his reputation quite a bit ...
Spurs are basically the same thing I guess - but with a far far better team just needing a 'restart'.

Milan??

I wish he went to Everton!

It's not that hard to understand what JJ meant. It's literally the first graph you see in A level economics. Demand and Supply.
yup. fuck your supply and demand. i will only pay whatever i think it's worth.and i agree with that. just that i rate koulibaly higher than jj does.

as long as it is south to 100M, i think he worth the punt. more than that, since we already have VvD, i believe we should spend that on other department/player. but to have VvD and Koulibaly as our cb pair, that would be interesting. if VvD is not available, koulibaly + 1 is definitely much better than lovren + 1 or matip + 1.

the other cb that i think does make life difficult for salah is leicester's soyuncu. at 23, he is 5 years younger than VvD and koulibaly, and much cheaper and look quality. i think he is a better bargain than koulibaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom