• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Ham (H) 12 August

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boss speaks
Jürgen Klopp insists Liverpool are heading into 2018-19 having set the ‘highest expectations you can imagine’ for themselves.
In his programme notes in today's 'This is Anfield', the manager writes: "We come into today full of joy, expectation and excitement but knowing we are continuing an existing journey. Last season brought wonderful memories and great moments.
"Of course, these are to be cherished, but from a professional perspective we must view it as something that has concluded – but something to progress from. It’s about using the information and taking the next step."
bf78d44ba85fb13e7348a8253fad088ddd7199eb.jpeg

Fabinho must feel proper dodgy though, no way a brand new player to a team with so much competition for places misses his first potential match unless they're definitely not up to it.

Dont think its that, its more not starting the season with 2 new players in a midfield 3. Some of the teams that started the season yesterday had brought in to many new players and it showed.

Starting with 2-3 is probably the most you should do I reckon.
He’s also been ill and carried a knock.

Last edited:
Dont think its that, its more not starting the season with 2 new players in a midfield 3. Some of the teams that started the season yesterday had brought in to many new players and it showed.

Starting with 2-3 is probably the most you should do I reckon.
He’s also been ill and carried a knock.
From the projected starting elevens West ham will have 4-5 new players starting .... and another two cert starters injured. I don't think we should be worried on that account going from the way they gelled in pre-season.

The boss speaks
Jürgen Klopp insists Liverpool are heading into 2018-19 having set the ‘highest expectations you can imagine’ for themselves.
In his programme notes in today's 'This is Anfield', the manager writes: "We come into today full of joy, expectation and excitement but knowing we are continuing an existing journey. Last season brought wonderful memories and great moments.
"Of course, these are to be cherished, but from a professional perspective we must view it as something that has concluded – but something to progress from. It’s about using the information and taking the next step."

I've said this before, but there's a clear intent with Klopp, to always draw a line under the previous campaign and to regard it as "done" and to not allow it to influence the next season. Contrast that to Rafa and Houllier, who repeatedly went into seasons focusing on rectifying their previous fuckups.

#LFC line up v West Ham: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Karius, Clyne, Fabinho, Henderson, Sturridge, Lallana, Shaqiri.

For once we have a great bench

This is a weird one. I’m flying (currently over Jakarta) - Spanked $20 just to log into the flight WiFi. I’m on my way back home from Oz. I’ll miss the game but will of course check the score during my stopover in Singapore. I reckon I’ll touchdown just in time to see the HT score. I’m thinking that’s well jinxy so maybe I’ll hold off? First game and that - the plane could crash and burn in which case a win is a given. Decisions decisions! Anyway lads sending vibes from 33,000ft - RA

Yarmolenko not starting is a plus. That's a decent side, Anderson their record signing isn't he ? Or at least most expensive of their Summer.

Who will do the majority of the holding out of the three? Id like to Gini get forward too.

Who will do the majority of the holding out of the three? Id like to Gini get forward too.

We need to balance the midfield and I guess Gini will do that as he did it before the summer. But all of them need to be ready to put their foot in from the start.

I think it's a fairly average bench, I've written off Sturridge and Lallana, Shaqiri and Fabinho are new, so hard to judge. Clyne and Henderson are decent. And then Karius.

It's a good first team though, excited to see our front three again, and also Keita.

I think that Gini is the best option at number 6 in this case. I don't like Milner there, and whilst Keita has played there regularly, I want him to be given freedom to cause chaos.

I think it's a fairly average bench, I've written off Sturridge and Lallana, Shaqiri and Fabinho are new, so hard to judge. Clyne and Henderson are decent. And then Karius.

It's a good first team though, excited to see our front three again, and also Keita.
Shaqiri is hard to judge ? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom