• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What next for Rodgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I say success. I mean a player that has improved, showed signs of consistency., increased his value, injury free, been a game changer and crucial to how the team play..

When fit Sturridge is a very good player. His problem and ours is that is out injured for a decent amount of time each season. We have struggled to keep top class players the last 10 years when more succesful and financially more powerful clubs come calling. None of them have come calling for Sturridge since we got him that i know of. It's one thing having the talent but another getting the oppurtunity to show it and daniel suffers from this because of his injuries.The club also suffers as they have to keep compensating by signing more strikers to cover his injuries.

When fit Sturridge is a very good player. His problem and ours is that is out injured for a decent amount of time each season. We have struggled to keep top class players the last 10 years when more succesful and financially more powerful clubs come calling. None of them have come calling for Sturridge since we got him that i know of. It's one thing having the talent but another getting the oppurtunity to show it and daniel suffers from this because of his injuries.The club also suffers as they have to keep compensating by signing more strikers to cover his injuries.

I agreed with all that.. it is probably for those reasons you mention.. why I don't consider him to be a success.

Out of all the signings.. there is probably only one player that would get into any other of the Top 4 and if made available be snapped up by them.. and that is Coutinho..

@ViktorFagerLFC: Ancelotti on returning to Milan: "I'll make my decision on Wednesday (June 3rd)."

@ViktorFagerLFC: Ancelotti: "I can assure you that I've had plenty of (job) offers from Italy, England, Germany."

@ViktorFagerLFC: Ancelotti: "Will I take a year off? We'll see."

Rumours of Rodgers going by mutual consent next week has been doing the rounds on Twitter today.

I told you all this the other day.

Getting rid of him now makes little sense financially or in terms of football

It's does from a football point of view if we get a better manager and it does financially if that better manager gets us a Champions League spot.

A year into a new deal.

His staff included. No, I don't think it's going to cost the world but I've always been under the impression that fsg aren't the type to be bent over on that sort of thing.

You'd imagine that who ever replaced him would be of greater stock and therefore he and his team upping the Cost further.

It just doesn't feel like the right time to me, anyway

Mark you need to let people vent mate.
You dont have to argue every single point.

Does rafas fam still in Liverpool? I don't get why Madrid is easier for his family if that is the case.

I guess they've probs moved back to Spain by now

I'll be shocked if FSG havent put a clause in his contract about finishing outside the top 4 and what it will cost to let him go.

I gather Gordon hasn't briefed the media about Rodgers since the season ended. He's only sketched out the aspects that will be reviewed. The 'Rodgers isn't under threat' briefings have come from Ayre, who doesn't know much more than anyone else outside of FSG. So I think it's by no means certain Rodgers is safe. It might genuinely depend on how this review goes.

Mark you need to let people vent mate.
You dont have to argue every single point.

They've been venting for a while now mate and reiterating the same points. I have no problem with people expressing their displeasure or their views against him constructively (as Macca and co do), I just can't be arsed with the biased shite that the likes of Insig and Redninja keep repeating.

They've been venting for a while now mate and reiterating the same points. I have no problem with people expressing their displeasure or their views against him constructively (as Macca and co do), I just can't be arsed with the biased shite that the likes of Insig and Redninja keep repeating.

Rodgers isn't your mate Mark.

Thats the problem mate. You ALWAYS can be arsed.
*I* cant be arsed therefore rarely say anything to any assclown.

I've long been a staunch Rodgers fan, but I genuinely think a change is needed now. He looks a broken man. I don't think he will go however.

The Management situation is one part of a big problem at LFC...don't think that's too OTT to suggest. I genuinely get the impression FSG don't give a shit aslong as they're still making a profit on the Club.
Don't mind that at all, they're not one of us and they're businessmen intent on making £ but show a bit of fucking ambition for the Club and give us fans some hope. They're far from convincing this lot.

Haha.. Cant believe your still sore for being told that tot put 2-9 combined against premierleacue dross in some perspective is meaningless.... Go grab a beer and smile....

Can you imagine how the knives will be out, not just for Rodgers but FSG as well if the season starts off slow, and we're around 7th / 8th at the end of October - 7 points off 4th.

Does rafas fam still in Liverpool? I don't get why Madrid is easier for his family if that is the case.

I guess they've probs moved back to Spain by now
Yes his family still live on the wirral.

Any news on Ayre being replaced?

I think he's part of the problem as well.

None, amazingly.

I was thinking about this. Does this mean that we just won't target any big name players, ala Costa, Willian, Sanchez, for fear of losing out?

Surely there will be some sort of self preservation coming into play from Ayre and co, if they don't go for these players in the first place and we go for players more like Ings, Clyne etc (who I think are decent moves, within themselves), then they can't be seen to be failing at their jobs, in the short term anyway.

They must know they're at best, one fucked up transfer window away from a revision of their roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom