• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why aren't we more excited about Origi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of hilarious, and telling, that Origi is clearly showing that he's got the potential to be this no nonsense twenty goal a season striker that Brendan craves so much, yet he absolutely despises him.

It's kind of hilarious, and telling, that Origi is clearly showing that he's got the potential to be this no nonsense twenty goal a season striker that Brendan craves so much, yet he absolutely despises him.

I don't despise him

Origi now has 9 goals in 29 games for Liverpool. Ngog left Liverpool with 9 goals from 63 games. So the divs can lay that comparison to rest now.

I'm not surprised Origi is better than N'Gog, and you missed the point entirely.

I think we all know that our best set up (when it's going to plan) is a front three of Bobby, Phil and Mane. So when we change to having Origi up top it looks like he's a bit of a blunt instrument in comparison, and our shape and how we play changes. Which perhaps looks a bit more utilitarian when it's not working. More a perception issue that a results issue perhaps?

I think we all know that our best set up (when it's going to plan) is a front three of Bobby, Phil and Mane. So when we change to having Origi up top it looks like he's a bit of a blunt instrument in comparison, and our shape and how we play changes. Which perhaps looks a bit more utilitarian when it's not working. More a perception issue that a results issue perhaps?
We're used to 5 tippy tappy bellends who score for fun, so when we get someone who's not of that mold we think he doesn't fit

He does, ish

I know what you mean but Origi is not without technical ability and skill and last season we saw that he can put it to good use. This season he's looked a little clumsy in possession at times (though he's still gotten involved with a bit of the tippy tappy stuff).

Ultimately he needs to prove that the Origi we saw in glimpses last season is the player we can all look forward to seeing on a consistent basis. He's got time to do that though.

id say that is a large part of the problem ,yes.

whilst he's scoring a goal a game , or anywhere near that ,I guess that argument is pissing in to the wind.

I think its also a case for me , of expecting too much ,too soon. He's 21 ,he probably deserves enough slack to make amends when he's had a poor game or half , which I suppose he hasn't had in quite some time now ,either !

poor the Sturridge will be fit In a week or two and be kept out By origi

Last season, before he got that injury against Everton (Funes Mori horror tackle) he was playing fantastic and getting better and better. I really thought he'd start the season as our number 1 forward, but then Jurgen reminded us he's only 21 and has some way to go to be a starting CF.

When he's come back in this year, he hasn't looked as great as he was looking towards the end of last year, which for me is a huge positive because he's still scoring and it means there is more to come from him.

The guy has the potential to be one of the best in the league. He has the frame of an all around striker (similar to Costa). He's big, he's strong, he's powerful, he's skilful, he works hard, he can head, he can run the channels, he can hold the ball up, he can run in behind and he can also shoot from range. He's a modern day number 9. The only thing that can let him down is his decision making and the consistency of his skillset (application).

I'm excited about his development. Over the next 2 years, he has potential to be one of the league's best (similar to Kane's rise).

I've always liked him, and with respect to Herr Onky I don't get the all he brings is goals thing either. He's really very strong, and already is miles better at holding the ball up than Studge and better at winning headers and flick-ons when the ball is punted up field. He also shows lovely deft touches, and little pieces of trickery in tight situations that are just lovely to watch. I think he is an amazingly exciting prospect, and I'm delighted we have him.

I hope you're right.

Having a top striker in form may well help Woodburn come through too, means there'll be much less pressure on his shoulders when he plays.

The fact that Rush was still playing so well helped Fowler, & Fowler being there helped Owen, perhaps Origi can develop into that top striker & in turn help the development of Woodburn by relieving that pressure & enabling him to play without fear.

I hope you're right.

Having a top striker in form may well help Woodburn come through too, means there'll be much less pressure on his shoulders when he plays.

The fact that Rush was still playing so well helped Fowler, & Fowler being there helped Owen, perhaps Origi can develop into that top striker & in turn help the development of Woodburn by relieving that pressure & enabling him to play without fear.
Why did we sell Collymore? Was it to accommodate Owen?

I've always liked him, and with respect to Herr Onky I don't get the all he brings is goals thing either. He's really very strong, and already is miles better at holding the ball up than Studge and better at winning headers and flick-ons when the ball is punted up field. He also shows lovely deft touches, and little pieces of trickery in tight situations that are just lovely to watch. I think he is an amazingly exciting prospect, and I'm delighted we have him.

he mugged off the full back big time a few times last night , spectacularly so late on,with the defender hauling him down to save face.

That goal he scored last night was a proper striker's goal, Ian Rush, John Aldridge et al made a fucking living out of those types of goals.

Surely I'm not the only one that spotted that?

Youre probably right.
As has been mentioned, I went from Rush, Dalglish to Fowler then Owen, then Torres, then Suarez
Maybe I expect too much.
Hes obviously good.
Maybe its that lazy style. I prefer hustle and bustle.
Anyway. Fucker keeps scoring so gets a big thumbs up from me.

Collymore. If he had the mentality, hunger and dedication of someone like Gerrard, Carragher, Hyypia or Suarez then he could have been one of our greatest strikers

He had everything; pace, power, technique, great finisher.

I was so excited when we signed him

I just had a look and Origi has started 12 games since April and scored 13 goals. In fact he's only started once and not scored, but he got two in one and got one off the bench. The 9 goals mentioned earlier were just league but he also scored against Dortmund in Europe and got a few in the EFL this year.

Lordy. He's the form striker on the planet.

17 goals in 50 games are his Liverpool stats.

He's started only 22 of those 50 games. Yet he's scoring at a 1 in 3 rate.

His minutes to goals average in England this season is second only to Aguero. Though admittedly that's on a small sample size.

17 goals in 50 games are his Liverpool stats.

He's started only 22 of those 50 games. Yet he's scoring at a 1 in 3 rate.

His minutes to goals average in England this season is second only to Aguero. Though admittedly that's on a small sample size.

It is still suggestive that he is isn't 'fucking shit'. :whistle:

Collymore. If he had the mentality, hunger and dedication of someone like Gerrard, Carragher, Hyypia or Suarez then he could have been one of our greatest strikers

He had everything; pace, power, technique, great finisher.

I was so excited when we signed him
Yeah me too.. really seemed to tick most boxes. Well, apart from things you highlight. Still remember some of his goals rather fondly.

In comparison:

Rashford: 12 goals in 39 appearances
Martial: 21 goals in 65 appearances
Iheanacho: 19 goals in 50 appearances

Not much to choose between them at this stage. But I think Origi is certainly as good as any of them, and could well end up being the best of the lot.

With Origi it's pretty damn obv that he's leveled up massively since April. God knows how many of those goals them manc cunts scored are since then but there's no fucking way it's as many as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom