• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why aren't we more excited about Origi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very excited by Divock. I think maybe some people are a bit 'meh' is that he isn't new, and maybe partly not surprised by what he is offering given he joined us as a teenager who was starting for Belgium at the World Cup.

He has so far been an ideal back up as he makes an impact when used as a sub, and is able to find form whenever he is asked to start a run of games. I wouldn't be surprised if it is another player who makes way for Coutinho when he returns.

People need to come to terms with the fact that we can't buy the finished article any more.

Origi is an excellent player in the mean time, and will improve.

I might be quiffing here but I'm on my phone and not reading eight pages, sox. I think we are influenced by the media - Rashford burst on the scene last year and scored a load of goals just like Divoc , but because he was a United player there was an immediate wankfest over him - I'm happy for this to be a bit of a slow-burn

Last edited:
I might be quiffing here but I'm on my phone and not reading eight pages, sox.
I think we are influenced by the media - Rashford burst on the scene last year and scored a load of goals just like Divoc , but because he was a United player there was an immediate wankfest over him - I'm happy for this to be a bit of a slow-burn

.....and English.

I'm in the 'I think he's a bit meh' camp - Which obviously proves he's fucking great as I know fuck all about footy.

We're not more excited because late last season he suddenly looked great very briefly, got injured, came back and looked out of sorts, and now is very slowly recovering some of that promise without matching the levels of his peak late last season. I like him, but even I get a bit embarrassed when he gets a song sung more freely than does Studge. He looks like he could be seriously good, but there's no need to go crazy just yet.

We're not more excited because late last season he suddenly looked great very briefly, got injured, came back and looked out of sorts, and now is very slowly recovering some of that promise without matching the levels of his peak late last season. I like him, but even I get a bit embarrassed when he gets a song sung more freely than does Studge. He looks like he could be seriously good, but there's no need to go crazy just yet.
That's because sturridge comes across like a right cunt.

It's a strange one about Origi don't you think? He's clearly good but the lack of a silly dance celebration and social media retorts when he scores seems to harbour ill will - That's not meant as dig by the way (for all you Origi fans) just If he keeps scoring I'll keep liking. Simples.

Maybe I misread it, but I seldom see Studge courting the media much more than Origi. Studge is English so gets coverage for as little as his facial expressions. He's a sublime player, though, at his best. Origi hasn't really earned the fan chants, but, hell, I'm delighted to watch him do well. He seems a nice lad and on top form he's fascinatingly unusual and exciting to watch.

It's a strange one about Origi don't you think? He's clearly good but the lack of a silly dance celebration and social media retorts when he scores seems to harbour ill will - That's not meant as dig by the way (for all you Origi fans) just If he keeps scoring I'll keep liking. Simples.

Ill will? Lack of a silly dance celebration? Is this some kind of weird comparison to Sturridge? It makes no sense.

Are you saying if Origi had a silly dance routine, or 'social media retorts' he would be more popular?

Because all of these things really seem to have helped Sturridge, who has scored over 50 goals for Liverpool, and yet the crowd is infamously reticent about ever chanting his name, and appear far more keen to sing about Divock Origi, despite him scoring a tenth of the goals so far

It is well funny that Sturridge is going to leave Liverpool with our highest ever goals to minutes ratio and not one song about him. Haha

'He's good
He's odd
But he's right with God
Dan Sturridge
Dan Sturridge'

or

'He's fast
He's sleek
Shame his body's weak
Dan Sturridge
Dan Sturridge'

I know, I know. I'm just going to the cloakroom now.

He gets knocked down,
But he gets up again,
Your never gonna keep Studge down.
He gets knocked down,
But he gets up again,
Your never gonna keep Studge down.

He scores a right foot goal,
He scores a left foot goal,
He scores a header goal,
He scores a volley goal,
He scores the goals that remind you of the good times,
He scores the goals that remind you of the better times.

I'll let you guys finish off this masterpiece.

Nononononooooo!

Stop with this "Sturridge hasn't got a song" shit.

Sturridge has got a fucking ACE song, it's just that nobody has picked it up yet.

How many fucking times do I have to do this?

Ill will? Lack of a silly dance celebration? Is this some kind of weird comparison to Sturridge? It makes no sense.

Are you saying if Origi had a silly dance routine, or 'social media retorts' he would be more popular?

Because all of these things really seem to have helped Sturridge, who has scored over 50 goals for Liverpool, and yet the crowd is infamously reticent about ever chanting his name, and appear far more keen to sing about Divock Origi, despite him scoring a tenth of the goals so far
Stop being a tart! Of course there is a comparison. Both are strikers going for one place. Which I'm sure/hope you'll agree is the Klopp way. So it's one or the other. One is English and in my opinion more talented. The other isn't but is in form and getting the goals. I think if there has been a bit of 'Ill Will' toward Origi and a bit of antipathy towards Sturridge then It's fairly justified - I like you Brendan but you can be a bellend. Now Shhhhhhhhh........ There's a good boy.

Last edited:
Stop being a tart! Of course there is a comparison. Both are strikers going for one place. Which I'm sure/hope you'll agree is the Klopp way. So it's one or the other. One is English and in my opinion more talented. The other isn't but is in form and getting the goals. I think if there has been a bit of 'Ill Will' toward Origi and a bit of antipathy towards Sturridge then It's fairly justified - I like you Brendan but you can be a bellend. Now Shhhhhhhhh........ There's a good boy.

Oh dear

I've never heard it.

Please do the honors?

Bearing in mind it was coined during the SAS season, it's not perhaps as 100% applicable as it was:

To the tune of D. A. N. C. E by Justice

He's S T, U D G E
England's Number 9,
Plays for Liverpool FC
Keeps scoring all the time
Left Citeh and left Chelsea
Cos they were not right
Now he plays for LFC
He's set the world alight

He's S T, U D G E
Scores his goals for LFC
Fuck Citeh and fuck Chelsea
Do the Dance, do the dance

(Do, doo doo)

Plays for a club that's got history

(Do the Dance)

We've got legends like Bill Shankly

(Do the Dance)

Plays for a club that's got history

(Do the Dance)

We've got legends like Bob Paisley

Etc etc

I'm a huge fan of Origi, on his day his strength and pace is as good as anyone.

Sturridge is going to have to really be 110% fully fit in order to displace him because his hold up play is very poor.

I like him, but the problem is that I still like Sturridge more.
Origi is talented but he looks so sloppy at times.
Sturridge of 13/14 yes but people don't seem to be able to see that Sturridge is no more.

The current Sturridge is a shadow of his former self and yet to score a league goal this season despite playing just 51 minutes less than Origi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom