• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Women’s World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a DM and a CB we can get on the cheap and draft into our men's squad ? That'd be fun.

Only team to beat Wiegmans England. 12th Player from the stands.

A proper 50/50 tie.
In a friendly. England however are without 4 of their best players (from the Euro winning team - 3 injured and 1 banned at this event) so I'm surprised they've got this far TBH.

Two cousins of mine were there cheering what they call "the Tildas" on. One of them posted about it on Bookface so I've led with my chin by replying to tell them the Lionesses are coming for 'em. :cool: I did thank them for stuffing the French though.

Agree the English girls have sprung something of a surprise by getting this far, but in a way that's why I rate their chances. I just get a sense that it's their time, that they've caught the wave and could end up riding it all the way.

Two cousins of mine were there cheering what they call "the Tildas" on. One of them posted about it on Bookface so I've led with my chin by replying to tell them the Lionesses are coming for 'em. :cool: I did thank them for stuffing the French though.

Agree the English girls have sprung something of a surprise by getting this far, but in a way that's why I rate their chances. I just get a sense that it's their time, that they've caught the wave and could end up riding it all the way.
With their strongest team they are clearly one of top 2 in the world which is why they were widely tipped to win it - but without I fear it's going to be too much grind, match after match. Missing James is huge on top of the other 3 not being here. Such an idiot.

Mostly agree. The joker in our pack for me though is Sarina Wiegman. I would genuinely consider her if I were an EFL chairman looking for a manager..

The missus has actually started watching and enjoying football.

Watching her experience a penalty shoot out for the first time was hilarious.

That… if anyone’s watching… is a fucking cracker of a goal from Sam Kerr.

‘Mon ‘tildes!!! Get intae these pommie fucks!!!

Yep, but they then undid it with some rank bad defending to let the Lionesses get back ahead. Oh dear how sad never mind. :cool:

Yep, but they then undid it with some rank bad defending to let the Lionesses get back ahead. Oh dear how sad never mind. :cool:

Look… I’m a bit fucked off we’re not going to get a public holiday out of it - thank you England you horrible bastards!!!

However these are always win-win. Tomorrow I will feast on the salty tears of defeat!!!

Outrageous goal by Kerr who then missed a few chances thereafter.

Huge gulf in class. England + James in the final should get it done.

The third goal was lovely and clinical.

It must be nice to nice as a striker to know if you hit the ball in the corner you've got a high chance of scoring and you haven't got a freak like Courtois to beat.

The football is good and all but the goalkeeping is pure shite.

Some of the football is good, but a fair bit isn't. I occasionally catch re-runs of First Division (Premiership as was) football from the late 70s/early 80s on repeats of "The Big Match" on Freeview and this World Cup has been pretty much that standard, in other words decades behind the men's game of today on terms of quality.

Last edited:
I thought England dominated for all but maybe 10 mins. Comfortable win and 3-1 was the right result.

Versus Spain should be a cracker.

Some of the football is good, but a fair bit isn't. I occasionally catch re-runs of First Division (Premiership as was) football from the late 70s/early 80s on repeats of "The Big Match" on Freeview and this World Cup has been pretty much that standard, in other words decades behind the men's game of today on terms of quality.

Given the differences in physiology and investment I’d say that a massive compliment

Given the differences in physiology and investment I’d say that a massive compliment
I'd actually say it's on par with lower championship standard.

Some of it is excellent. Those first two goals today would grace many goal of the month complications on MOTD.

And that penalty by Kelly is one of the best penalties I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom