• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Yann M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too sure about signing this guy.

A few good games fo Rennes and suddenly he's worth £15M?

Also, he's currently on trial for beating up a man, who he claims stared at him with racist intentions. If found guilty he could face jail time.

[quote author=Roopy link=topic=42776.msg1219007#msg1219007 date=1289863281]
I'm not too sure about signing this guy.

A few good games fo Rennes and suddenly he's worth £15M?

Also, he's currently on trial for beating up a man, who he claims stared at him with racist intentions. If found guilty he could face jail time.
[/quote]

Haha I like this! Maybe we can hope he catches sight of Hodgson staring at him from the stands...

Sign sign sign!

[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=42776.msg1219009#msg1219009 date=1289863917]
I liked Sissoko, shame about that eye injury.
[/quote]

Me too.

I think his legacy is underrated. We were raving about Momo for a good 18 months or so, and this is all too easy forgotten.

[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=42776.msg1219009#msg1219009 date=1289863917]
I liked Sissoko, shame about that eye injury.
[/quote]

I think the effect the eye injury had on his game has been exaggerated. His passing and decision making were always poor and they were not improving. Injury was a sort of 'get out of jail card' for those not willing to admit it earlier.

He played some great games for us but more often than not he was a liability and I couldn't believe our luck when Juve paid so much for him.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=42776.msg1218723#msg1218723 date=1289826308]
[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=42776.msg1218679#msg1218679 date=1289824832]
Hodgson was in france yesterday watching this guy.
[/quote]

a manager who has been given a plane ticket to scout future players does not sound like a manager who is close to being sacked.
[/quote]

Another way of looking at things is he's lost the trust of his fellow colleagues and nobody's arsed to scout for him. So out of frustration, he nicked the tix of one of his scouts.

Roy - "If you want things done, you gotta bloody do it yourself !"

*mumbles under breath*

ASTON VILLA
are ready to launch a January bid for Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner according to the Sunday People.

Villa boss Gerard Houllier will be handed a £30million transfer kitty to boost his squad in the transfer window.

And Danish hitman Bendtner, who has declared his unhappiness at life on the Gunners bench, is top of Houllier’s hitlist.

He was also left out of yesterday’s squad for the north London derby, despite Bendtner’s father and agent Thomas stating the player is “100 per cent†fit.

John Carew is set to leave Villa in January – with Blackburn the latest club to show an interest – after his recent blast at Houllier. The Frenchman will try to fill his boots with another outspoken Scandinavian as Bendtner, 22, made his own dissatisfaction at Arsenal clear last week.

Bayern Munich are leading the running for Bendtner but are unlikely to bid in January.

Another player on Houllier’s wishlist is France’s new midfield destroyer Yann M’Vila.

Houllier is ready to use his French connections to try to pull off a £9m transfer coup for the 20-year-old Rennes ace, who was in the national side that outclassed England last week.

M’Vila has been linked with several clubs, including Liverpool, but Villa are quietly confident they can get their man.

There could be three or four new faces at Villa in the new year with Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick and Panathinaikos striker Djibril Cisse emerging as targets.

Just watched the early Juve game today and a player stood out.

Alberto Aquilani.

I wouldn't mind him back one bit. Ok he enjoys a bit more time on the ball in Italy as the game's slightly less pacy but he's really looking lively and creative.

One player was as hit and miss as I remember him.

Momo Sissoko. He's not a starter for Juve these days either and although he's rather mobile there's still far to many shaky patches in his overall game. One player we don't want back.

Like so many Italian players, Aquilani should never have left Italy in the first place. The fact that he gets more time and space in Serie A is just one of the reasons why he's performing far better now, and I don't believe for a minute that he'd maintain the same level if we made him come back.

Aquilani more than had the ability to adapt to English game and I think he could have been one of the best midfielder's in the league - but I trust Benitez's view that his mentality absolutely stank and that he just had no bollocks. You can say what you like about Benitez, but he was the one who worked with him every single day and he expects the utmost from his players.

I'm left wondering whether Aquilani's heart was ever really in it.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=42776.msg1230016#msg1230016 date=1291723555]
Bugger.
[/quote]

That was my first reaction too. Then again it's nice to at least be linked with same players as Real Madrid et al.

[quote author=Akakabooto link=topic=42776.msg1230018#msg1230018 date=1291723674]
[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=42776.msg1230016#msg1230016 date=1291723555]
Bugger.
[/quote]

That was my first reaction too. Then again it's nice to at least be linked with same players as Real Madrid et al.
[/quote]

Like Jova?

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=42776.msg1230019#msg1230019 date=1291723789]
Well then, let's go for Lasagna Diarrhoea - more experienced in the Prem and generally.
[/quote]

I would love him to play for us. Fantastic footballer.

[quote author=JimmyK link=topic=42776.msg1230026#msg1230026 date=1291724464]
[quote author=Akakabooto link=topic=42776.msg1230018#msg1230018 date=1291723674]
Bugger.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Like Jova?
[/quote]

Shitty Bosmans don't count.

HARRY REDKNAPP is ready to give up on Scott Parker and launch a January raid for France international midfielder Yann M’Vila.

The Tottenham boss has always been keen on Parker, but West Ham are refusing to sell – despite making moves for Newcastle’s Joey Barton.

So Redknapp has turned his attentions to Rennes star M’Vila, who would be available to play in the Champions League knockout stages.

Liverpool and Aston Villa have also registered interest in M’Vila, just 20, who has broken into the senior French national team this term.

But Spurs believe the lure of playing against Europe’s finest can sway the player in their direction.

Rennes need to raise transfer funds and will hold out for around £13million for M’Vila.

Despite Tottenham’s excellent progress this season, Redknapp will still have to offload players in the mid-season window before he can buy.

Spurs failed in a summer move for Parker and have been told in no uncertain terms that they would be wasting their time with another bid.

Hammers owners David Sullivan and David Gold have made it clear they would listen to offers for any player other than Parker.

I hope we get this lad or someone else who can do more than what Lucas does and on a consistent basis.

We should also sell the useless fucker Poulsen.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/transfer-news-Liverpool-to-beat-Real-Madrid-to-15m-French-defensive-midfielder-Yann-M-Vila-article661127.html

Liverpool are ready to beat Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid to the £15m signing of France star Yann M'Vila.

Director of football Damien Comolli has identified the Rennes defensive midfielder as a central player in the rebuilding of the Reds.

And the Anfield club's American owners are prepared to spend now in a bid to help Roy Hodgson's struggling side.

M'Vila, 20, just missed out on World Cup selection but has played all five games under new coach Laurent Blanc, including the 2-1 victory over England at Wembley.

Real Madrid have also contacted Rennes about the player who is under contract until 2014.

Last month M'Vila insisted he would still be at Rennes next year but added: "I could leave at any moment. I feel I am ready for anything."

M'Vila's Rennes team-mate Sylvain Marveauz, who is out of contract at the end of the season, was at Anfield on Wednesday night to watch the defeat to Wolves.

If he goes to Real Madrid he'll play 10 games a year, if he moves to us e can be one of the important players that we build the side around.

Let's hope Comolli can talk him into signing

Milan are keeping very close tabs on Rennes' starlet Yann M'Vila, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 20-year-old is already a fixture in Laurent Blanc's France side and is widely considered as the one of the best all-round midfielders to emerge in recent years.

La Gazzetta understands that Milan's director of sport Ariedo Braida has watched M'Vila in person.

M'Vila has spoken of his desire to stay with Rennes next season because he feels regular first team football is important at this stage of his career.

However, Rennes President Frederic de Saint Sernin might be tempted into accepting a bid worth around €15m.

Milan are looking to bolster the central midfield position in the summer, as Mark Van Bommel is expected to leave once his six-month contract expires.

Liverpool are also reportedly interested in M'Vila.

Their director of football strategy Damien Comolli is known to be a particularly keen admirer.

MANCHESTER UNITED have made the first move in the summer battle for highly-rated French midfield star Yann M’Vila.

Sir Alex Ferguson flew by private jet to Rennes on Friday to watch the 20-year-old face Marseille – United’s opponents in Tuesday’s Champions League second-leg last-16 tie at Old Trafford.

The Red Devils chief sat alongside Tottenham No.2 Kevin Bond, who was at the game to watch M’Vila as well.

Liverpool’s director of football strategy Damien Comolli also flew in to see Marseille win 2-0 – but it appears United are in pole position, having made a discreet inquiry about the player to Rennes’ top brass.

And they are hopeful of landing the £20million-rated defensive midfield star, who has already expressed his desire to move to Old Trafford.

M’Vila told the French media: “Manchester United is the club of my dreams. It’s a very prestigious club and I dream of playing for them.â€

The star, who took on England in the 2-1 win by France in November, has represented his country at every level from Under-16 upwards, captaining many of the age groups.

Liverpool are prepared to pay £16m for the youngster
, but Ferguson sees M’Vila as the man to replace Owen Hargreaves, who has struggled with injury and is unlikely to be offered a new contract at United after two serious knee operations.

M’Vila has been a revelation this season for Rennes, who are in the thick of the battle for the French title, and he is in line for his country’s Young Player of the Year award.

"Manchester United is the club of my dreams." Let's be the club of his nightmares then.

Do. Not. Want.

Its a pity that Utd is the club of his dreams.

How does Blaise Mutudu stack up against Yann M'vila? Same or different type of midfielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom