• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

10 years, 10 fucking years of back pain

Modo

A contentious scando
I just wanted to share that I've had problems with my back for 10 years. Slipped disc that led to sciatica and later on problems with my hip. I've done several x-rays, an MRI, gone to several physio therapists and also done some training myself. Nothing has helped.
According to the doctors, the X-rays showed that my back was healed. Told them about this "popping" noise in my back every time I raised my left leg from a standing position, but they just recommended that I continue working on my core. The muscles on the left side of my lower back felt numb, which also caused me to limp at times, like my left leg was shorter than my right.
Went to a Chiropractor, didn't help either.

For 10 years I've always felt a discomfort when I've played sports. Running caused my back to stiffen up. Some days, I could barely walk.
I gave up, thought that it would never be like before. I had to stop running because it was too painful.
I've always been quick, but that's gone too.

However...
Two weeks ago, while on vacation in Hurghada, I decided to try a sports massage. During the session my masseuse, this big burly Egyptian guy named Mohammed, applied some pressure on my lower back and suddenly I hear and feel a loud pop. I can't explain the feeling, but it was basically the same feeling I felt after I dislocated my shoulder and it popped back.
After the massage, I felt some pain in my lower back and hip. No I didn't get raped (wink), but the numbness that I felt before on the left side of my lower back was suddenly gone.
A day later, the pain was also gone and my back wasn't making that popping noise any more.
That's when it dawned on me, maybe he fixed my back?!

Since then I've been a bit careful, but today I actually tried running a little and it felt fucking great.
I don't feel the same discomfort anymore. I really don't want to celebrate too much, but I haven't felt like this for 10 years.
Admittedly, I'm still a bit stiff, but I'm hoping that it'll get better.
Maybe, just maybe I can start playing football again.

Sorry, just wanted to share this story because I'm almost in tears. I've always been an active guy and it's been hard for me to not be able to do the stuff I used to do. 10 fucking years of pain suddenly gone!

BTW. I gave the guy a very generous tip before I left Hurghada. If my back really is fixed, I'm thinking of sending him some more money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom