• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Travelling SE Asia and more.

Mystic

So I've got somewhere between 6 and 10 weeks off work April next year, and i've decided to take the time and go travelling a few countries as best I can in the time. I'd absolutely love to be able to fly out of the UK eastward, and head all the way around and arrive back in from the west, but that would be far to rushed in the time frame I've got I reckon, although tempted to book my final flight home that way just to say I've flown around the world.

Being more realistic, I reckon i'm going to be spending three or four weeks in Thailand, Vietnam, and maybe Laos and Cambodia, then moving on Taiwan and then Japan for a 10 days / fortnight. I'm not sure where I'd head from there, would love to spend some time in Hawaii, but again that might be a bit ambitious in the time frame.

Anyway reason for making this post, I know a lot of people in this board (certainly back in the day, completely losing track of who still posts here recently) have travelled a lot both in that area, and around the world in general. This will be my first time leaving Europe, and my first time on a trip thats longer than a fortnight, so it's all very new to me, so looking for any suggestions of where to go or tips for travelling in general you may have.

Whilst I'll be meeting friends at varying times whilst I'm out there, I'm planning the trip essentially completely solo as relying on other people invariably fucks up all good plans. This is nice as it gives me complete freedom, but it's also quite daunting. Everything I've read online in essence says don't overly plan a trip like this, especially in SE Asia, just book your flight and your first few nights stay, and then just go wherever you fancy going whilst there as getting accommodation the day before is both cheap and straight forward, is that a plan anyone that's done similar travels can attest to?