• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

100 Players who shook the Kop

In regards to Barnes, if you read between the lines, Carra all but says he is on a different level to SG. I agree.

I love Barnes' surprise, I reckon the top 4 he guessed is better than the top 4 that was voted, but there you have it.

Farkmaster said:
In regards to Barnes, if you read between the lines, Carra all but says he is on a different level to SG. I agree.

I love Barnes' surprise, I reckon the top 4 he guessed is better than the top 4 that was voted, but there you have it.

I was very disappointed that they spent 3/4 of the interview with Barnes asking him about the Top 4. I wanted to watch and listen to Barnes on Barnes, not some clueless fcuking teenager asking him what he thinks of Robbie Fowler.

Ryan said:
I was very disappointed that they spent 3/4 of the interview with Barnes asking him about the Top 4. I wanted to watch and listen to Barnes on Barnes, not some clueless fcuking teenager asking him what he thinks of Robbie Fowler.

Total agreement. It was pretty rude actually. I find Barnes quite well spoken too.

digger has great humility, john barnes all but says he is only in the top ten because he has played recently and as such younger voters remember him rathar than players that played in an earlier period, no john you were voted that high because there has been no finer left winger or skillfull player in histroy of the club.

some of the stuff he did in the video are fucking unbelieable and if I'd never seen barnes or gerrard live I'd come away from watchting the highlight reel thinking barnes was the better player.

one last thing, there was a lot said about john's role in removing racism from football and as black supporter I agree john's signing was amazing as I had no black heroes at liverpool (too young to remember howie gayle) but that is not the reason barnes is my favorite all time liverpool player, it's what he did with the ball so I wish they had focused a little bit more on the football and showed more clips of him playing or at least lessened the time he spends talking about the top 4 and showed more skill and magic.

but he had a good point..for te most part,the ranking was highly skewed in favour of players who have played more recently.

Digger's my Dad's fave English player too..because he was pretty much the first truly GREAT black player (for the most part)..he was one of heroes too,not just for the way he played the game...but s one of the truly great emblems of Liverpool..to be honest,i'm sure that I will be telling my grandkids about the great Steven Gerrard and Robbie Fowler..but to be honest,at THIS moment, i dont rate either above John Barnes...

i think there's only ONE totally accurate name in the top 100.

thankfully,its the name at the very top.

L.E.G.E.N.D.

stevie said:
viingx said:
I agree, the King will surely get number 1

Dudek should of been higher, for the Istanbul moment alone.

How are they deciding this poll? If its a public vote i wouldnt be surprised to see Robbie winning it, Robbie and Stevie will be in the top 5 im sure, maybe with Digger, Kenny, Rushie.
motherfucker.....
how did you guess that.

king kenny definetly deserved the top spot, as a player he was immense, as a manger his quality never let up, and a as a legends manager he is outstanding,

All in all a top geezer

Back
Top Bottom