• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

6CM Mobile Web App now available

I hate Tapatalk with a passion.. so there was a motive behind my madness.

PWA (Published Web App) is new technology.. you will see more of this from numerous website as the technology advances..
It's not available for iPhone, right?
Yes it is..

1705443297767.png

or add to your home screen

1705443194704.png

you can the enable push notification when the PWA installed..

Push Notifications don't work from the safari browser itself I believe

For more Details...

Last edited:
So I've updated the app..

It is set to natural for orientation which honours the device preferred orientation.

With Chrome, you will may need to uninstall, clear site data and clear browsing data.. (last hour is fine). Just clear for sixcrazyminutes if it gives you the option too..

You then may have to then wait a short while for it to appear again after enabling push notifications when you navigate to the site, to reinstall.

The manifest for the app I believe can be kept in chrome after uninstall and clearing site data for some bizarre reason
This seems to have worked btw.

Cheers.

The only good thing about Tapatalk is the low memory footprint. PWA is just a mobile browser in disguise. From my experience, I used to measure the highest battery-killing apps as most mobile games and web browsers. Tapatalk rarely used any battery when I did the same level of usage compared to the same site on a mobile browser. Maybe things have gotten better with web browsers in 2024, regardless I understand the need to move on from a security point.

The only good thing about Tapatalk is the low memory footprint. PWA is just a mobile browser in disguise. From my experience, I used to measure the highest battery-killing apps as most mobile games and web browsers. Tapatalk rarely used any battery when I did the same level of usage compared to the same site on a mobile browser. Maybe things have gotten better with web browsers in 2024, regardless I understand the need to move on from a security point.
There is that, it s a fair point.. It how they do it though that bothers me..
There run cached copies of the website for that optimization, and monetise on that data, that can bypasses security measures we put in..

More and more sites are pulling away from them.

That being said. Google are the experts of this.. But this way.. we have better control.. and I personally find the experience far better..

I haven't said anything until now 'cos I figured I was just being dumb, but I'm still struggling to see the download link (tried the right browser, no cached stuff etc etc).

Any chance of just posting the apk?

How old is your phone mamma Mia.. ?

Might be the issue.

I haven't tried to sending and the installing the apk..

I don't see why not. In theory..

Last edited:
As attached..

Extract zip the install the apk..

No idea if it works.. Not tested..

Attachments

• 6CM_Android.zip
    221.8 KB · Views: 5
Any tips on refreshing a thread while you are viewing it, rather than coming out and going back into it?

How old is your phone mamma Mia.. ?

Might be the issue.

I haven't tried to sending and the installing the apk..

I don't see why not. In theory..

Pretty old, I tend to get a good few years out of my OnePlus's. Currently on a 7t Pro that's been going strong for 4 years+

But it's unlikely to be that, much more chance I'm just being silly and forgetting something. I'll try that apk, thanks mate!

What android version is it using. ?

If think it's only supported on newer versions..

More a browser limitation than the O/S,

Could be wrong.

12, and I tried multiple devices and browsers. I figured it was something on my side since everyone else seemed to have got it.

Anyway, the apk worked perfectly, and I'm posting this from the app.

You're a legend mate, thanks!

you guys scared the shit out of me when the forum was not available for the past couple of days. I am not that active in terms of posting but always read all the threads. First it was Klopp who took my life away for couple of days and immediately the forum stopped working for me :cry:

you guys scared the shit out of me when the forum was not available for the past couple of days. I am not that active in terms of posting but always read all the threads. First it was Klopp who took my life away for couple of days and immediately the forum stopped working for me :cry:
Blame some idiot

Welcome to SCMv6

So, i know this isn't web app question, but a question all the same. Can we reduce the amount of time needed between posts? I understand it's to stop bots spamming, however what happens when i want to spam call gakpo a cunt in match threads, and i means i can't post about a goal? 16 seconds (i think) seems excessive

It reduced to 15 seconds.

It's too stop the flooding of the boards.. With spam.. from new users

I guess I could modify it. For long time registered users

Ah bollox I can't..

No, the setting is global and applies to everyone who doesn't have the Bypass flood check permission

I ain't enabling that whoever you are

I changed it to 5 secs during the match on Sunday ‘Cos it was doing my head in.

Back
Top Bottom