• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adama Traore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur with the medical experts quoted in the article. Can't see how corticosteroids would be performance enhancing except if being used to suppress an inflammatory disease, which would then be a medical use.
Corticosteroids can have a positive effect on cardiovascular capabilities, that's why every "top level" cyclist had therapeutic use exemptions for asthma or some such.

You are speculating on something that have no clue whether it happens or he actually did that, and you're basing it on the colour of his skin (him using his race to gain excuse). I raise your "cream for skin" to grow his biceps with this...

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02245953

I do believe you're taking a lot of leaf off the man you respected very much back at the States with that sort of wild speculation.... no?
Why is nobody giving Eddie a proper warning about our Dantes?
Eddie calm down. Dantes speaketh from another dimension.

Why is nobody giving Eddie a proper warning about our Dantes?
Eddie calm down. Dantes speaketh from another dimension.
Thanks mate.... thought I sense oddness in his summation of a player using skin lightening cream that contained steroids because he's black. I should have known better.

Thanks mate.... thought I sense oddness in his summation of a player using skin lightening cream that contained steroids because he's black. I should have known better.

(1) He used to be a very different shade of black as evidenced by the photographs. So we are speculating that he does use a skin lightening cream.

(2) There are two types of creams (powerful prescription only stuff, and the off the shelf shit). So we are speculating that he used the powerful one given the dramatic results.

(3) The powerful creams usually contain hydroquinone and corticosteroids https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cosmetic-procedures/skin-lightening/. So we are speculating that he needed a TUE in order to use this cream or else he'd get banned lest he miraculously avoided taking a piss test all this time.

(4) As soon as you hear the word TUE you have to think of doping being the motivation. So we are speculating that he was in fact doping. Contrary to the bullshit paper you referred to, a review of multiple more papers https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/54/1/8 shows there is evidence that it enhances performance in endurance sports (like cycling and football) as opposed to maximum output sports (like the 100m sprint), which is obviously why team sky were all on it.

So I have no idea what your problem with that speculation is. Do you think his skin whitened because middlesborough gets more sun than wolves? That would make you stupid. Do you think it whitened using off the shelf creams? That would make you gullible to snake oil salesmen. If not, then do you think he got a prescription just because he disliked his original skin colour that much? To the extent he went out of his way to get a god damned TUE for it despite being a professional footballer? Then you're really clutching at straws in my view. The obvious conclusion is the one staring you in the face. He got a TUE specifically to dope up, probably on the advice of the barca medical team, they played his race card to justify why he needed to use the cream, he duly spent night and day in the gym, turned into a physical beast, and suffered no tiredness when he went to train and play matches thanks to the effect of the corticosteroids.

Well anyway I don't care about his older stats, he's obviously improved loads lately playing in a team that sets up not too dissimilar to us, and he's a scary bastard that gets to take peds coz he's clever.

Bathe him, and bring him to my chambers

Corticosteroids can have a positive effect on cardiovascular capabilities, that's why every "top level" cyclist had therapeutic use exemptions for asthma or some such.

Sure. But the remarkable physical changes he demonstrates are unlikely if he is significantly doing such catabolic drugs systemically. If he was a lean, thin endurance machine, I'd be more persuaded. People are thinking drugs because of his muscular size when the drugs dantes are discussing literally catabolize muscle.

Sure. But the remarkable physical changes he demonstrates are unlikely if he is significantly doing such catabolic drugs systemically. If he was a lean, thin endurance machine, I'd be more persuaded. People are thinking drugs because of his muscular size when the drugs dantes are discussing literally catabolize muscle.

It catobolises protein, which I assume you can literally drink more of through a milkshake and then be good to go with your added endurance and existing muscles in tact.

Only 23 and I don't think that we have seen the best of him yet. But do I see him as a Liverpool player..? To me he offers more in attack than Origi.
Origi use to run at players the way Traore does an although Origi is finding the net more, Traore will do in time. He would be a get adision to the team.

But I see him as a future t Real,Bayern or Juve' player,not a Liverpool one

It catobolises protein, which I assume you can literally drink more of through a milkshake and then be good to go with your added endurance and existing muscles in tact.

Corticosteroids are extremely potent systemic drugs. Maintaining lean muscle is plausible. Building that level of musculature seems more dubious.

If you told me Milner was using them to boost endurance, I'd find that much more plausible.

They also significantly increase atrophy of ligaments and tendons, making injuries much more likely, especially in a sport like football with abrupt and unexpected twisting motions.

Perhaps the risks could be managed against the benefits in a sport like cycling but I just can't see the juice being worth the squeeze in football.

There are much better drugs with which you could dope to increase cardiovascular output, recovery, muscular strength, etc.

If most professional footballers aren't using HGH, or that 'natural' version of it (that one that gradually increases your bodies build up of HGH over time much more naturally, I forget the name for it), I'd be fucking amazed.

True, I'm merely pointing out that there are performance enhancing effects that could benefit soccer, as I said earlier in the thread for muscle growth human growth hormones are more likely to be used as a PED.

(1) He used to be a very different shade of black as evidenced by the photographs. So we are speculating that he does use a skin lightening cream.

(2) There are two types of creams (powerful prescription only stuff, and the off the shelf shit). So we are speculating that he used the powerful one given the dramatic results.

(3) The powerful creams usually contain hydroquinone and corticosteroids https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cosmetic-procedures/skin-lightening/. So we are speculating that he needed a TUE in order to use this cream or else he'd get banned lest he miraculously avoided taking a piss test all this time.

(4) As soon as you hear the word TUE you have to think of doping being the motivation. So we are speculating that he was in fact doping. Contrary to the bullshit paper you referred to, a review of multiple more papers https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/54/1/8 shows there is evidence that it enhances performance in endurance sports (like cycling and football) as opposed to maximum output sports (like the 100m sprint), which is obviously why team sky were all on it.

So I have no idea what your problem with that speculation is. Do you think his skin whitened because middlesborough gets more sun than wolves? That would make you stupid. Do you think it whitened using off the shelf creams? That would make you gullible to snake oil salesmen. If not, then do you think he got a prescription just because he disliked his original skin colour that much? To the extent he went out of his way to get a god damned TUE for it despite being a professional footballer? Then you're really clutching at straws in my view. The obvious conclusion is the one staring you in the face. He got a TUE specifically to dope up, probably on the advice of the barca medical team, they played his race card to justify why he needed to use the cream, he duly spent night and day in the gym, turned into a physical beast, and suffered no tiredness when he went to train and play matches thanks to the effect of the corticosteroids.
"We are speculating"

The only person who is banging on about it is you. No one else is coming up this idea that he doesn't like his skin colour but you.

You come across as some sort of trump fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom