• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adama Traore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the fact that he was completely useless against us in the two games we had against Boro that probably made Klopp not really notice him that much.

Yeah. Klopp only looks at, or considers, players when they play against us. They basically have a 90 minute window to impress him and, if they fail, it's curtains. Scouting reports, statistical reports and video footage from other matches have no influence on his decision making.

Yeah. Klopp only looks at, or considers, players when they play against us. They basically have a 90 minute window to impress him and, if they fail, it's curtains. Scouting reports, statistical reports and video footage from other matches have no influence on his decision making.
Glad we`ve moved on from Rodgers benchmarks of if they scored against us we bought them ;)

Klopp is a little unhappy with the injuries Shaq is incurring and muscle mass has been mentioned.
With that in mind would he really look at signing Traore?
No - that ain't never going to happen. What worries me though with regard to our performance on Thursday, is the way we struggled in midfield to get forward and attack their back-line with any conviction for most of that game. We have done very well with Gini, Hendo lately, but I honestly was expecting a lot more from Ox in terms of creativity, dribbling, and getting into that final third to create chances. City have at least 4 of those types that they can deploy - in Kev, Sterling, SilvaX2, Mahrez - we need at least one that can do that shit when our fullbacks cannot go forward - just one will do Klopp !!

He was all over the place, in that game, and his decision making was not good overall in other games, where he was always trying to score, but never passing to others around him. But not sure if Boro played him as a front man and now Wolves have started to play him on the wing to get the best out of him. Of course Klopp don't sign players based on how well they do against us - otherwise he would never have signed VVD / Robertson would he ?

Robertson was great against us.
Fuck knows - never knew who he or VVD were before we signed them, just trust Klopp knows his players - and he probably has a very good reason for not signing Traore at the time when he would not cost such a big amount.

Fuck knows - never knew who he or VVD were before we signed them, just trust Klopp knows his players - and he probably has a very good reason for not signing Traore at the time when he would not cost such a big amount.
No need to trust Klopp in prospective players, he trusts Edwards and the backroom guys to show him the best options and they nail the deal down for us as well so win win.
Klopp just does the coaching managing and hugging them into Champions(admittedly only European and World Champions so far but we can Dream)

If we buy every players that caused us mayhem, Traore and Zaha would top the list. Minamino did too and we bought him as the price was right. Let's see the price first.

I know he’s improved a lot but I’m still not on board.

He’s 24 and scored about 10 goals in over a hundred appearances for Boro and Wolves.

His rate of assists is on the up but it still doesn’t scream 70M or whatever to me.

Maybe he’s just on the verge of becoming an absolute star but is this a risk we need to / should take?

Liked him since Boro but for some reason Klopp did not buy him. I don't think all is clear though on him - talent yes but there are a few aspects that need a deeper look:

1) In last nights game, what the fuck and where the fuck was he for most of that first half ? - I question his ability to impose himself on a game from the start, and is he one of those players that relies on others to bring him in to a game ? - he had more than three moments in the 2nd half which made his performance stand out.

2) His body frame is questionable for the long term ? - yes I know bullshit you may think but how many footballers are built like that, they mentioned something in the studio about him need regeneration time because he has those bursting runs. What is he a fucking robot.

3) Mentality - needs to be examined, I was not pleased for him in that run against VVD, his early shot meant that he lacked the confidence to fight VVD to better his position before shooting with haste, I honestly cannot see any of our players (our front players especially) being afraid no matter the challenge any defender poses.

I am a big fan of this guy and was quite excited to see him play, but for 70M ? - fuck that I expect Alisson, VVD level full on 90 minutes of action and involvement in a game by a player of that worth NOT moments. To me right now - he is a 40M max player. You get more goals, and steam-roller hassle time out of the likes of Zaha, Sane, and Grealish.
Some thought we overpaid for VVD, Mane and Gini. That and Klopp usually raises the value of our attacking players no matter the fee.

I know he’s improved a lot but I’m still not on board.

He’s 24 and scored about 10 goals in over a hundred appearances for Boro and Wolves.

His rate of assists is on the up but it still doesn’t scream 70M or whatever to me.

Maybe he’s just on the verge of becoming an absolute star but is this a risk we need to / should take?

It's not where I would spend the cash.
He might become a star but still too risky for me.

Glad we`ve moved on from Rodgers benchmarks of if they scored against us we bought them ;)

That's not really just Rodgers, we have done it loads of times.

I think lots of big clubs do it, or their fans think they do anyway, but is notable how many players score or have great games against us, and then we try and buy them.

Possibly not every one was a coincidence, players can influence the manager as well, after such games

I disagree with comparisons of Sahq, Shaq is a very good player but Traore as soon as he is on the ball opposition defenders move back 10 yards in fear. Shaq doesn't garner any fear in defenders with his pace. I would say go for Traore, I've seen Klopp turn water into wine too many times, do it again please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom