• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adama Traore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely all players spend time in the weight room. I would suggest he meant he isn't dedicating a lot of time and effort to it, and not specifically to the sort of bodybuilding style training his physique would suggest.

I think he means he doesn't lift free weights, but seems plenty dedicated to everything else.

I think he means he doesn't lift free weights, but seems plenty dedicated to everything else.

Most of that looked like power and agility training. Which will of course hypertrophy the muscles - but is training that will be more specific to sports performance than muscular growth. He is explosive and this training would feed into that on top of what are obviously superlative genetics for strength and power.

Most of that looked like power and agility training. Which will of course hypertrophy the muscles - but is training that will be more specific to sports performance than muscular growth. He is explosive and this training would feed into that on top of what are obviously superlative genetics for strength and power.

Haha no, not going to say anything about his obviously superlative genetics.

Haha no, not going to say anything about his obviously superlative genetics.

+/- whatever possible chemical assistance, of course. That goes without saying. You could pump Lallana full of the same junk and I can guarantee the result would not be quite as dramatic.

I wonder does he meant the difference between weightlifting and resistance training. I didn't doubt he trained hard, PEDs or no, you dont get that physique without work.

Some certainly have it easier than others - but yes, drinking milk and taking your vitamins doesnt cause that musculature to spontaneously erupt.
And that level of definition allied to size. Even in the above video he is resistance training, that's why I think he might mean he doesn't weightlifting I.e. Olympic lifting and derivatives, v.s resistance training which incorporates normal gym work.

Another menacing performance last night. He gave Robertson a proper going over and deftly assisted their equalizer.

He'd be an excellent addition to our squad and challenge for a starting place within a year.

I wouldn't mind having that freight train in our squad.

Imagine the sight of him involved in high & aggressive pressing!

Defenders will shit themselves when they see him running straight at them.

Had a look at the wolves forums and they reckon that until the last few months he was frustrating because if he couldn't get a shot on goal he gave up, but Nuno has worked with him and now his instinct is to find someone in better space. Hence his stats are now much better, and it shows he is maturing and wants to learn. If he's moving anywhere we should be all over him.

His physical attributes will see purple Aki getting a stroke, and he looks much more mature now in his decision making.
No doubt he’s playing the best football in his career so far.
I still have doubts about his defensive contributions and his game intelligence.
Possibly a great player to have on the bench, but would he be happy with a bit part role.

Wouldnt surprise me if he doesnt look that good when not playing in a team set up like Wolves or for a different manager.

That said, he was immense yesterday. Our players, bar Virigil, were just bouncing off him.
Ridiculous to watch.

He has all the attributes to be a klopp player. Last night, his decision making seemed on the ball.

That said we did show him too much respect or naivety. City and thier tactical fouls would have just chopped him down

He was a fucking pain in the arse last night, was running everyone ragged. That cross for the goal was a beauty, but, just before that he'd put one in my back garden.

I don't think he'd be that good a fit for us though for a few reasons:
The only place he'd fit is in the front 3, and he doesn't have enough end product to go in there (averages about 1 goal in 10)
He gets knackered pretty quick due to his style of play and physique, that doesn't fit our style.
He'd cost a fortune I'd have thought, and we'd probably have other better options for the money. I'd take their Jiminez over him all day long.

He has been mentioned on SCM for years now. Many described him as a headless chicken but he has proved he can learn

[article]There seemed to be genuine pleasure in Jürgen Klopp’s voice as he said it. Klopp, the Liverpool manager, had been asked, not long after his Premier League-leading side had crushed Leicester City on Boxing Day, to assess its next obstacle: Wolves. A “very dangerous” team, he said; he was full of praise for the “incredible” work of its coach, Nuno Espírito Santo.

And then, it seemed, his mind drifted to one player in particular, the one member of the Wolves squad who has tended to draw everyone’s focus. “It looks like Traoré finally found his manager,” Klopp said, smiling.

Klopp has known about Adama Traoré for a long time. Seven years or so, in fact, back to the days when he was still manager of Borussia Dortmund. He was not alone then, either: Traoré was the sort of teenager whom everyone had heard about, word of his talent drifting out from Barcelona’s academy, causing ears to prick up and scouts to scurry across Europe to get a look at him. “It was always clear it would happen one day,” Klopp said that night in Leicester.

What is not clear is why that day took so long to arrive. Traoré will turn 24 on Saturday — two days after his latest collision with Klopp, a 2-1 Liverpool victory on Thursday — and yet it is only this season that he has become a first-team regular for an elite team, starting to earn the sort of recognition his reputation long promised.

Some of that attention — like a call-up to Spain’s national team — has been welcome; some of it — like the fact that only four players have been fouled more often in the Premier League this season — less so. Both, though, are compliments at heart, proof of Traoré’s development and his status. Both have taken rather longer to arrive than might have been expected.

The story of why that is serves to illustrate how soccer handles — or, rather, tends to mishandle — players with unique skill sets, those who are not readily categorized by position, those who are not easily folded into a team’s structure.

That Traoré had talent has been obvious from the start: not just his speed and his strength, but what one former coach calls his “remarkable balance,” the traits that earned him a place at Barcelona’s academy at age 8 and, at one point, led to the suggestion that he explore the idea of becoming an N.F.L. running back.

Any soccer coach wants a player that quick and powerful; those physical gifts are, after all, potent weapons. Not every coach — indeed, perhaps not the majority of coaches — knows quite how to deploy such a player.

“He had so much speed and so much possibility,” said Albert Benaiges, one of his coaches at La Masia, Barcelona’s youth academy. “But we were not sure whether he was best used as a right back or a right winger. By the time he was 18 or so, we knew he could be a professional, but we did not know exactly what he was going to be.”

In the summer of 2015, Barcelona decided that Traoré would be better suited to a more “open, dynamic” style of soccer, according to Benaiges: playing Barcelona’s intricate short-passing game did not allow him to make the most of his gifts. He was sold to Aston Villa, bought not on the recommendation of the club’s manager — Tim Sherwood — but because he stood out to the club’s data analysts.

Sherwood knew immediately that Traoré could be the sort of player who “frightened opponents to death.”

“He could go from nought to 60 in about two seconds,” Sherwood said. “But he was like an elastic band that had been stretched too tight: every so often he would snap. I very rarely saw him, because he was always injured.”

When he was fit, Sherwood deployed Traoré as an impact substitute: Villa was struggling against relegation, and he deemed Traoré too unreliable to build a team around. Eric Black — one of Sherwood’s successors — described him as “one of the quickest players I have seen for years,” but admitted he was “indisciplined.” He barely played in the final few months of the season. When Villa was relegated, he was sold to Middlesbrough.

There, he worked with three coaches. Aitor Karanka, the first, devised a special program for him, an attempt to polish his talent. One afternoon a week, Traoré would sit in Karanka’s office and go through video of his recent performances, his manager pointing out what he had done well and where he might improve, particularly in his work off the ball.

Karanka’s successor, Garry Monk, urged Traoré to abide by the team’s structure, to remember “what the team shape is and what is needed from you.” By the time Tony Pulis, his third and final coach at Middlesbrough, arrived, Traoré was “a little bit confused tactically.

“He had been trying to please everybody,” Pulis said.

As Pulis sees it, Traoré had become something of a managerial pet project: Every coach wanted to prove he was the one who would be able to marshal his talent, to show that they were the one he had been waiting for. “He had forgotten what his real strengths were,” Pulis said. “We straightened that out.”

Rather than formal video sessions, Pulis would invite Traoré into his office for a cup of tea and a chat about Lionel Messi. There was no tough love: If Traoré had to be reprimanded or criticized, it was always in private. “He’s a lovely boy, but some players are a little more insecure than others,” Pulis said. “He would always question himself, rather than whether the coach was giving him the right instructions.”

Instructions — particularly for defensive work — were kept to a minimum; Pulis wanted Traoré to focus on what he did well. “It was very simple stuff,” he said. “We wanted him to fill spaces, track his opposing fullback.”

That is not to say it was all light touch. In some games, Pulis would switch Traoré’s position so that he was on the wing closest to the manager, so that he could coach him through games. The key, Pulis said, was gaining his trust. It worked: The two are still in touch. Even now, Pulis will send Traoré a message if he feels he has played well, or if he has noticed something he might have done differently.

Traoré’s success at Wolves — he signed for the club after its promotion to the Premier League, in 2018 — can be traced to Nuno’s decision to try a similar approach. Initially, his plan was to harness Traoré’s abilities in service of the team. He asked him to focus on making specific runs, or to follow certain patterns. As others had found, though, the strategy seemed to dull Traoré’s primary threat.

Gradually, Nuno and his staff realized the precise opposite was required. He accepted that, with Traoré in his team, he could never have what his coaches refer to as a “symmetrical playbook.” Traoré’s qualities could not be maximized in a traditional, neat formation.

Instead, he encouraged the rest of his players to adapt their games to allow Traoré to flourish, to accept that there would be times when he would lose the ball, or make runs so that he might find space. They encouraged him to take risks, rather than chastising him for daring to be different.

It worked: Over the course of the last 18 months, the players have recognized the best way to utilize the weapon at their disposal. The team now instinctively shifts to cover whatever shortfall Traoré leaves. As opponents have become more conscious of the threat he poses, Nuno has started to change his position during games. His teammates dutifully adapt.

At the same time, Traoré has worked on his own shortcomings: improving his crossing, learning to control his speed to allow teammates to catch up with his bursts of pace, integrating his own qualities into Nuno’s plans.

After all this time, as Klopp said, Traoré has found his manager: one who does not want to change him, but one who is happy to change for him. Everyone who has worked with him agrees that Traoré is unique. It took until Pulis, and then Nuno, for anyone to understand what that means.[/article]

I've bigged him up for years. It's about time one came good.

Liked him since Boro but for some reason Klopp did not buy him. I don't think all is clear though on him - talent yes but there are a few aspects that need a deeper look:

1) In last nights game, what the fuck and where the fuck was he for most of that first half ? - I question his ability to impose himself on a game from the start, and is he one of those players that relies on others to bring him in to a game ? - he had more than three moments in the 2nd half which made his performance stand out.

2) His body frame is questionable for the long term ? - yes I know bullshit you may think but how many footballers are built like that, they mentioned something in the studio about him need regeneration time because he has those bursting runs. What is he a fucking robot.

3) Mentality - needs to be examined, I was not pleased for him in that run against VVD, his early shot meant that he lacked the confidence to fight VVD to better his position before shooting with haste, I honestly cannot see any of our players (our front players especially) being afraid no matter the challenge any defender poses.

I am a big fan of this guy and was quite excited to see him play, but for 70M ? - fuck that I expect Alisson, VVD level full on 90 minutes of action and involvement in a game by a player of that worth NOT moments. To me right now - he is a 40M max player. You get more goals, and steam-roller hassle time out of the likes of Zaha, Sane, and Grealish.

I dont think Origi has the technique or close control to be an effective dribbler. Hes got good pace and strength but thats more in the ability to create 5 yards for himself and get a shot away than the ability to go past fullbacks from a dead start with the ball at his feet.
What? Origi had superb close control.

For a lad that started at Barcelona he’s taken a long time to produce an end product, he’ll need to do it consistently for another 18 months to warrant a move to any of the big boys imo.
Happy you added IMO because I would be surprised if someone doesn't move for him in the Summer.

Only 23 and I don't think that we have seen the best of him yet. But do I see him as a Liverpool player..? To me he offers more in attack than Origi.
Origi use to run at players the way Traore does an although Origi is finding the net more, Traore will do in time. He would be a get adision to the team.

But I see him as a future t Real,Bayern or Juve' player,not a Liverpool one
When considering AT it is likely best NOT to think of him in terms of goal output. But rather as a creative winger. I doubt his goal output will ever significantly increase.

I could see him standing in for Mo/Mane but I'd rather take Werner!

Last edited:
Liked him since Boro but for some reason Klopp did not buy him. I don't think all is clear though on him - talent yes but there are a few aspects that need a deeper look:

1) In last nights game, what the fuck and where the fuck was he for most of that first half ? - I question his ability to impose himself on a game from the start, and is he one of those players that relies on others to bring him in to a game ? - he had more than three moments in the 2nd half which made his performance stand out.

2) His body frame is questionable for the long term ? - yes I know bullshit you may think but how many footballers are built like that, they mentioned something in the studio about him need regeneration time because he has those bursting runs. What is he a fucking robot.

3) Mentality - needs to be examined, I was not pleased for him in that run against VVD, his early shot meant that he lacked the confidence to fight VVD to better his position before shooting with haste, I honestly cannot see any of our players (our front players especially) being afraid no matter the challenge any defender poses.

I am a big fan of this guy and was quite excited to see him play, but for 70M ? - fuck that I expect Alisson, VVD level full on 90 minutes of action and involvement in a game by a player of that worth NOT moments. To me right now - he is a 40M max player. You get more goals, and steam-roller hassle time out of the likes of Zaha, Sane, and Grealish.

I'm all for more goals and 'steam-roller hassle time'

I am really surprised we did not get this guy when he was at Boro, did you guys not see the amount of shit he caused Arsenal when at the Emirates stadium, he was unguided but caused mayhem by himself alone. I suppose the fact that he was completely useless against us in the two games we had against Boro that probably made Klopp not really notice him that much. He is probably the fastest player on the planet, but it's ok guys, we have VVD to deal with him.

Klopp is a little unhappy with the injuries Shaq is incurring and muscle mass has been mentioned.
With that in mind would he really look at signing Traore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom