• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

AFCON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghana 1 down to ...Comoros

Morocco 1 down to ......Aubameyang-less Gabon

A.Ayew sent off for Ghana....looked harsh, follow through on the keeper after he spilled a shot.

Last edited:
272049342_489897225831336_4843791257719928313_n.jpg

Does Ghana being shit and already out of the cup mean Thomas Partey will be back for the league cup semi against us?

Does Ghana being shit and already out of the cup mean Thomas Partey will be back for the league cup semi against us?

Yes unless the plane carrying him Ayew, Wollacott, Amartey & Rahman doesn't burned or shot down.

That tournament is fucking nuts so you never know. A flock of birds beat the four times champions yesterday

I've not watched much of it in previous years, is it always this bad or is this a bad era for African football? Some of the games I've seen were sub Championship quality, this is an anomaly right? Or is it one of those things where they've expanded it to death and now the group stages are trash

I've not watched much of it in previous years, is it always this bad or is this a bad era for African football? Some of the games I've seen were sub Championship quality, this is an anomaly right? Or is it one of those things where they've expanded it to death and now the group stages are trash
The AFCON was probably at it's best between the mid 90s until around 2008-ish.
A lot more top quality players and better football.
But the AFCON has always had a few teams that were terrible.
Once thing has been consistent since I started watching, though.
The goalkeepers are still wank. Even those who play in Europe. Well, maybe not Kameni, but it's a comedy show watching them play.

Just hoping Sudan beat Egypt later and Salah gets home asap
I don't know. It's not just the Top 2 in each group that go through but most of the 3rds too I think (and probably 4ths if you can get a back-hander to the committee).

Bring that referee to England now, he had more urgency that any of the players on the defending champions team.

Sheik Mansour has obviously intervened to bring Mahrez back early. The chairman of the Algerian FA is now taking delivery of 40,000 gallons of crude oil

Egypt and Salah will play Ivory Coast on the 26th of January. Most likely we'll get Salah back after that given Ivory Coast are one of the best, if not the best team at the AFCON.

Egypt and Salah will play Ivory Coast on the 26th of January. Most likely we'll get Salah back after that given Ivory Coast are one of the best, if not the best team at the AFCON.
So that's an Egypt win then.. you've angered the gods with your prediction

I put good money on ivory coast to win the same as I bet on Italy to win the euros so I'd like to think I'm on a good winning streak here and Salah can come home early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom