• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

AFCON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Well actually I for one am quite interested in following this ... it could possibly be more interesting than following the latest Covid postponements on my phone.

Algeria 3-0 Ghana with 10 mins remaining.

Especially for Liverpool fans intending to support our players, their opening matches are listed below. Nigeria used to be a good team but I haven't followed them recently. On paper that is perhaps the best match of the opening round and a tough one for Mo and Egypt. However it's likely that Senegal, Guinea and Egypt will all progress to the Final 16.

Monday : Senegal 13:00 Zimbabwe
Monday : Guinea 16:00 Malawi
Tuesday : Nigeria 16:00 Egypt

Especially for Liverpool fans intending to support our players, their opening matches are listed below. Nigeria used to be a good team but I haven't followed them recently. On paper that is perhaps the best match of the opening round and a tough one for Mo and Egypt. However it's likely that Senegal, Guinea and Egypt will all progress to the Final 16.

There are quite a lot of nations in with a shout of winning, Cameroon Nigeria Ivory Coast Algeria Morocco Senegal & who I reckon are favourites in Sudan o_O (not sure how good Egypt are without Salah)

Nigeria have 1 of the more prominent attacks with Kelechi, Osimhen & that 7 ft giant at Genk that scored like 40 goals last season.

Let me get this correct. By supporting our players you mean rooting for Zimbabwe and Nigeria, right? So that we can have Mane and Salah back as soon as possible?

I will support our players by hoping that they're all unused subs in every match that their countries play, and hoping that all of their countries go home as early as possible... Does that count?

P.S. I do that for ALL of our players... This is not an AFCON specific thing for me.

Is it just me is does no-one else consider the extreme likelihood of this comp being canceled or postponed when a lot of teams start announcing covid casualties?

FIhbsRQXEAAreXo

38 seconds into the first game and a tackle with the studs to the thigh of a Cameroonian player. Leg breaker and a yellow card. Welcome to the AFCON.

I pray for our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom