• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

AFCON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaand they finally score, wicked ball in by Boufal I think and En Nesyri with a power header past whoever.

A striker who we were targeting last summer quite heavily.

What are the rules with those head injuries? Should Mane have an enforced rest now or does that depend on scans finding something?

What are the rules with those head injuries? Should Mane have an enforced rest now or does that depend on scans finding something?

If it's a concussion (it looked like it), he should be at minimum off for a week and monitored daily by SEnegal's medic team ...

If it's a concussion (it looked like it), he should be at minimum off for a week and monitored daily by SEnegal's medic team ...

Normally I’d be happy to see him get a bit of rest but I’d really like Sadio to win this. Hopefully both happens.

Trent will never leave. He’ll be a one club man. Where can go that’ll top quadruple winner 21/22?

Good luck to Salah....but don't see them making it into the quarter's. For me they're playing the winners of it today.

[article]Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah says winning the Africa Cup of Nations for Egypt would be a career best achievement.

Salah fired home the winning penalty in their last-16 shootout victory over Ivory Coast on Wednesday night, which saw Manchester United defender Eric Bailly miss the decisive spot-kick for the Elephants.

Now Egypt will turn their attention to Sunday's quarter-final showdown against Morocco, with a place against Burkina Faso or Tunisia in the last four to come for the winner.

After his penalty heroics against Ivory Coast, Salah declared his intention to change that.

"Of course I want to win something with the national team," he said. "It's my country, what I love the most.

"This trophy for me would be completely different, would be the closest to my heart.

"We were close before to win this African Cup (in 2017), we gave it everything but we were not lucky to win it.

"But it's ok, now we are here in the new one. We have to fight for it, we have to give everything to win it and I'm sure the players have the same feeling.

"So hopefully we just need to focus on tomorrow's game and we go from there."[/article]

You just know it will be an Egypt v Senegal final with both Mane and Salah picking up season ending injuries.
I think the draw has them meeting in the semis, but if they get that far then they will both be there til the end as there is a 3rd place play off on the final day

If they have to get injured in the finals then so be it. At least one of them will be happy.

It would be a fucking travesty if they got injured in the 3rd / 4th placing playoffs.

From what I’ve seen so far, the final will be between the hosts Cameroon and whoever wins on penalties in the inevitable 0:0 draw between Egypt and Senegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom