• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

agger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullflower

Part of the Furniture
guardian are saying he had an arguement with rafa after the leige game and that's why he's been benched. agger back chatted when rafa told him he played shit.

Agger is a fucking twat if that is true. Besides, he hasn't been deserving of a first team place in recent weeks. Skrtel & Carragher have been excellent.

Not sure about that. He admitted in at least one interview a while ago that he had trouble with his temper when he was younger, and was still working on it.

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=27188.msg679677#msg679677 date=1221907622]
guardian are saying he had an arguement with rafa after the leige game and that's why he's been benched. agger back chatted when rafa told him he played shit.
[/quote]

Where in the Guardian does it say that? I can't see it anywhere.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=27188.msg679730#msg679730 date=1221911281]
[/quote]

[/quote]

According to Andy Hunter, The Guardian, it's make or break tonight.

Either Agger plays against Stoke or he is more or less out. Apparently the two of them haven't spoken since the Liege game.

This is really bad.

Come on Rafa play him for crying out loud. If it's indeed true Agger didn't react well to critcism after the Liege game in which he was poor it's certainly not the right attitude, but give him a break. It was more less his first game after his long spell on sidelines and beeing only 23-year-old and not normally known for acting up when criticized, he shouldn't be punished so severely.

Come on Rafa give him at least a chance to prove himself.

I dont think he has a lot to prove, he should be back in the team not playing 1:8 games

there's no guarantee he would play against Crewe either if he has fallen out with Rafa he could find himself not playing for a long, long time. ridiculous and bad management considering he is a quality player and his contract is running down but Rafa is stubborn when it comes to things like this.

[quote author=the_khl link=topic=27188.msg679754#msg679754 date=1221915449]
[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=27188.msg679730#msg679730 date=1221911281]
[/quote]

[/quote]

According to Andy Hunter, The Guardian, it's make or break tonight.

Either Agger plays against Stoke or he is more or less out. Apparently the two of them haven't spoken since the Liege game.

This is really bad.

Come on Rafa play him for crying out loud. If it's indeed true Agger didn't react well to critcism after the Liege game in which he was poor it's certainly not the right attitude, but give him a break. It was more less his first game after his long spell on sidelines and beeing only 23-year-old and not normally known for acting up when criticized, he shouldn't be punished so severely.

Come on Rafa give him at least a chance to prove himself.
[/quote]

Rafa won't play him just to appease him, nor should he. If he wants to throw his toys out of the pram he can fuck off.

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=27188.msg679773#msg679773 date=1221917418]
I dont think he has a lot to prove, he should be back in the team not playing 1:8 games

there's no guarantee he would play against Crewe either if he has fallen out with Rafa he could find himself not playing for a long, long time. ridiculous and bad management considering he is a quality player and his contract is running down but Rafa is stubborn when it comes to things like this.

[/quote]

If a player falls out with the manager, he has every right to drop him, it would be weak not to. You have to respect the manager. It's not bad management at all, playing him after he fell out with him would be bad management and would give the wrong message. I think he'll be playing mid week though.

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=27188.msg679776#msg679776 date=1221917551]
[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=27188.msg679773#msg679773 date=1221917418]

[/quote]

If a player falls out with the manager, he has every right to drop him, it would be weak not to. You have to respect the manager. It's not bad management at all, playing him after he fell out with him would be bad management and would give the wrong message. I think he'll be playing mid week though.
[/quote]

of course it is bad management, Agger is a quality young player with his contract running down, he should be treated better if we want him to stay at this club (and I do)

Whilst I agree that the manager has to show he's the boss, that doesn't always have to equate to freezing a player out of the side - there are other options. I don't know what's happened (or if anything has actually happened), but I do know that I'd be sorry to see Agger leave.

I still can't find this article on the Guardian's website. A search of Google News gives me an article in Norwegian mentioning Andy Hunter of the Guardian - but where's the original story? Has anyone seen it?

Agger should be "treated better" how, exactly?  Picked instead of others who don't deserve to be dropped?  Allowed to backchat the manager when he (justifiably) criticises a particular performance?  Either of those things would do far more damage than selling any player if this is how he's going to behave.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=27188.msg679784#msg679784 date=1221917948]
Agger should be "treated better" how, exactly? Picked instead of others who don't deserve to be dropped? Allowed to backchat the manager when he (justifiably) criticises a particular performance? Either of those things would do more far more damage than selling any player if this is how he's going to behave.
[/quote]

for me he should be playing more than 1:8 games otherwise he will be gone and we'd be a weaker team, no question and with his contract running down it could cost the club 10m+

If Agger acts like that then he must expect a reaction from Rafa. Agger can't pick what that reaction will be, and has no one to blame but himself.

Rafa is spot on here.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=27188.msg679786#msg679786 date=1221918213]
Surely we'd only be a weaker team one game in 8?

[/quote]

injuries and suspensions happen yes we would be a lot weaker and Agger is hardly like Pennant if Agger is available and able to buy out his contract he would have a lot of top clubs after him and it would cost us 10m+, that is why it is bad management in my opinion

Relax, he's only dropped him for a few games, give it a chance and hopefully agger will step up, if he doesn't we'd be better off without him anyway.

I'm with Rafa on this one.

Agger is a great player but hasn't done anything to merit a return the team. If it is true he has questioned the manager's feedback on his performance he should be left to stew. Once he does get another chance in the team he really needs to step up.

Finally, all this talk that we have to play him as his contract is running down is horse shit. He needs to earn a new contract as well and if he is thinking he'll find another club as big as Liverpool to take him on he will be sorely disappointed.

The thing is Agger hasn't aired ANY frustrations over Rafa in the media.

Their's now speculation that he has been angry with some of Rafa's criticism but surely it's not the end of the world is it? These things happen all the time in the big clubs and as long it's done behind curtains no harm's done?

They way Rafa handles this, keeping Agger out the line-up and squad even, after playing him back-to-back in Pre-Season starts the media-speculation as I see it.

Bad management indeed if Agger is not deemed surplus to requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom