• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alan Davies Rant RE 15th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get a flash of rhubarb then it all starts going haywire !

TV funnyman Alan Davies is set to provoke a storm of protest for a foul-mouthed rant criticising Liverpool Football Club's refusal to play on the anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster.

The Jonathan Creek and QI star made his shocking outburst during the latest edition of his popular podcast for Arsenal fans 'The Tuesday Club'.

The 46-year-old -- who once hit the headlines for biting a homeless man's ear in a drunken attack outside a swanky London club -- was discussing the dates of the forthcoming FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley.

Liverpool's clash with Merseyside rivals, Everton, takes place on Saturday, April 14th. Tottenham take on Chelsea the following day -- the 23rd anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster.

Liverpool refuse to play on April 15th as a show for respect for the ninety-six football fans who died in a crush at an FA Cup Semi Final at the stadium in Sheffield on that date in 1989.

But Davies seemed to care more about the fact that Liverpool's stance meant Chelsea were having to play their FA Cup tie only three days before their Champions League last-four clash with Barcelona.

He ranted: "Liverpool and the 15th -- that gets on my tits that shit. What are you talking about, 'We won't play on the day'. Why can't they?"

Laughing nervously, one of his co-presenters, Ian Stone, tried to point out why Liverpool FC don't take a business-as-usual approach to the most painful day in the club's history, saying: "Because it's too sad a memory."

But that simple and obvious explanation failed to deter Davies, who was on a roll.

He said: "Do they play on the date of the Heysel Stadium disaster? How many dates do they not play on? Do Man United play on the date of Munich? Do Rangers play on the date when all their fans died in that disaster whatever year that was - 1971?"

Davies - who trades off his cuddly TV image - continued in his attack by savaging the Liverpool legend and manager Kenny Dalglish, who has defended the decision not to play on April 15th.

Davies raved: "Every interview he's given this season he looks like he wants to head-butt the interviewer. This tight-mouthed, furious, frowning, leaning-forward, bitter Glaswegian ranting, 'Liverpool FC do not play on April 15th'."

After beginning a poor impersonation of Dalglish, Davies broke off to say his attempt to mimic the Scotsman's accent was "terrible because I hate him".

Despite his fury on behalf of Chelsea - the last English club remaining in a European competition - Davies went on to admit he would think it was "awful" if they went on to win the Champions League.

Davies then aimed his sights at Tottenham Hotspur -- bitter city rivals of his beloved Arsenal. He claimed Spurs had refused to move a fixture back in 1980, two days before the Gunners were due to play a semi-final against the Italian club Juventus in the Cup Winners' Cup.

In another display of breathtaking insensitivity, Davies fired a scathing salvo at White Hart Lane bosses using a term the Nazis labelled Jews with in their vile propaganda. Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, is Jewish and the club has a strong Jewish following among its supporters.

He said: "What vermin run that club. They always have. Absolute vermin. Scum of the Earth."

Davies then began singing: "You burn your own town," a crass reference to the summer riots that devastated parts of Tottenham in north London.

During the podcast, Davies also made fun of the Arsenal striker and Moroccan international Marouane Chamakh who was recently pictured smoking a shisha pipe. He joked Chamakh was "stoned out of his box" and was Arsenal's "club dealer" peddling hashish to the rest of the squad from a "Range Rover with blacked out windows".

He also made potentially libellous remarks about Oliver Holt - The Daily Mirror's Chief Sportswriter. Insisting on referring to him as "Oliver Horseshit", he called the award-winning journalist a "dickhead", suggesting he had an issue with drink. "You can smell the alcohol in his tweets!" he laughed.

One listener to the podcast said: "I couldn't believe my ears. Alan Davies comes across as such a nice bloke on the telly but he sounded like a lout in this broadcast.

"He should apologise immediately to the relatives of the Hillsborough Disaster -- his comments were appalling. I can't believe they let him broadcast this rubbish."

He's always had a hatred of Liverpool, the city. I remember he wanted to put scousers in room 101 and used some cringeworthy film from the early 70s as evidence. Its probably because 90% of the population are funnier than this cunt will ever be. He's about as funny as dysentery.

He's always had a hatred of Liverpool, the city. I remember he wanted to put scousers in room 101 and used some cringeworthy film from the early 70s as evidence. Its probably because 90% of the population are funnier than this cunt will ever be. He's about as funny as dysentery.

the show with joan collins?

I've always thought he wasn't as dense as he seems on QI. Seems I was wrong*.

*apart from the bit about Horseshit.

I've never minded him too much until now.

What an obnoxious prick. Football can really bring out the worst in people.

He's backtracking big time now on Twitter. Must have ran out of homeless people to attack.

When he split up with Julia Sawalha her family had quite a bit to say about what he's like off-camera. If that was even half accurate, this latest hissy fit from him comes as no surprise.

Wow. Disappointed because I really like him on QI and it's one of my favourite shows.

Oh well.

Wow. Disappointed because I really like him on QI and it's one of my favourite shows.

Oh well.

I was thinking the same.

So it turns out he's an even bigger idiot in real life than what he is on QI.

A real Arsenal fan should be delighted that Chelsea have to play twice in 3 days. He's a twat and an unfunny twat at that. Not at all arsed about what he said, he's a cunt why should I care what a cunt thinks?

To be honest getting in a lather about it will not bring anyone back nor expidite justice in any way, we all know that the police and politicians involved in the disaster and in the cover up will all get away with it. Trying to fry the man on the internet just gives more people even more fuel for there stereotypical view of "self pity city", the best protest i can think of is just to ignore the cunt, his opinion is that irrelevant.

i hate it when things like this come out, he was wrong to say that but now a load of scousers will get us bad press for sending him loads of death threats

obviously all clubs have fans like that, but we seem to get slaughtered in the press with these things

HJC:

The HJC has not accepted the £1000 paid into it's paypal account by Alan Davies. Whilst we accept his apology, we would prefer that he genuinely tried to understand why the decision never to play on the anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster is so important.

Ha, brilliant!

I wish we could get back to hating on this bellwhiff because he's a mongy fop and not because he's an insensitive wankbag.

He's at it again in The Times today, twisting the issue around to become poor little Alan being persecuted by thugs and fools. He even cites a Daily Torygraph poll to support his original argument. Yet again the twitter idiots have helped make an offensive creep seem like a victim, and every Liverpool hater jumps on for the ride.

Yes, inspired by his extraordinary concern for how other people live their lives, I will make it my mission to force him to cut all of his hair off, get some speech therapy and try a job that suits his abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom