• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alisson - The best GK, we've ever had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Prior to Ali, the most decorated GK we've had was Grobbelaar. I never say Ray Clemence, so can't say much on him but I don't think ever seen a GK be involved in as many goals as Ali not even Schmeichel, a player I was jealous we didn't have.
Who have been the better GKs in English football?

@Judge Jules likely remembers Elisha Scott coming through the ranks.
Here's young @Judge Jules with the first ever incident of photo bombing.
JohnMcKennaScreencap-600x400.jpg

@Judge Jules you've seen them all, where does Ali stand in your opinion. He is way better than Grobbelaar imho

Alisson would now be my choice for the All-Time XI, replacing Clem. Juicy Brucie would have been on the bench as he could pull off saves which no other keeper would even attempt, but he could also drop game-changing rickets. Now with Alisson in the side, Clem drops to the bench and Brucie's a squaddie at best.

Clemence
Brucie
James
Brad friedel
Westerfeld
Dudek
Pepe Reina
Mignolet- Karius
Allison

I know we had a few other minor bit part players in there.
Kirkland,
Scott Carson,
Peggy
Ward
Itanje
Padelli
Doni
Mike Hooper

who was your favorite bit part keeper? I liked Kirkland.

I always like brad Jones, but that was only because he looked like one of the monkeys from Super Monkey Ball

I always like brad Jones, but that was only because he looked like one of the monkeys from Super Monkey Ball

In fairness we won the League Cup under the King with him in goal.

As far as bit part keepers go, I liked Ogri (big Steve Ogrizovic) who on his day was an OK keeper.

Alisson will be back before the Utd game. Klopp will confirm it at the presser later today appaz.

In fairness we won the League Cup under the King with him in goal.

As far as bit part keepers go, I liked Ogri (big Steve Ogrizovic) who on his day was an OK keeper.
The man with the most broken nose in football. If his goalkeeping skills were as good as his nose was broken he'd be the best.

Clem is still the best for me, because of his consistency over a prolonged period. His record of conceding only four home goals in a season will never be equalled. The other thing is that he made so few mistakes. I actually remember them because they were so rare. Allison is without doubt the next best keeper in my time watching the reds.

Clem developed into an absolute top class keeper for sure, but I saw some of his earlier games live and he didn't hit the ground running the way Alisson did. That home goals against record was remarkable of course, but it wasn't just his record - no such record ever is. It took me a fair while to promote Alisson over him, but I stand by that now.

I only saw Clem at the end of his time with us, but Ali has surpassed him for me by now... We'd really be in big trouble without him.

Not likely, when have they recovered so speedily?

Not likely, when have they recovered so speedily?

Hamstrings are normally 2-4 weeks. He should be fine, pls he is a keeper so more likely to be risked even if just ready than a striker.

According to Klopp:

“Both are out,” said Klopp. “With Ali it’s a bit lesser, so we have to see – not day by day, he will not play tomorrow, not on Sunday, probably not the week after. Then it should be kind of OK.

Onana makes me appreciate Ali even more. Jesus wept he looks like he's taking a bung (he's not, I'm sure but the mistakes are so bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom