• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Allen to Stoke for £13m Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter? Point is, he didn't come out and tell everyone that Balo is wank.
So he was just as nice about Allen. If he really wanted him he would have stayed.

It did the way you tried to skew it on your first post. Anyway why would our manager come out and intentionally devalue a player on our books? It's obvious he doesn't want Ballotelli and, despite any feelings, is not going to jam Allen into our mid, so why not try to talk them up as sales are organised?

It did the way you tried to skew it on your first post. Anyway why would our manager come out and intentionally devalue a player on our books? It's obvious he doesn't want Ballotelli and, despite any feelings, is not going to jam Allen into our mid, so why not try to talk them up as sales are organised?
That's exactly my point, anything a manager says after a player is sold should be taken lightly.

BTW this was the quote.
"We want him to become the player he was before his injury -- the talent is still there, there's no doubt about it. When we have done the crossing, heading and stuff he's been world class.

So he didn't call him world class?

Good point. Although in this summer where clubs are paying over the odds left right and centre, I still think that 13m is too low. If Stoke really, really, want him, they should be pushed into paying more. I mean, that's what would happen if WE were in their position.

Leicester want 10 million for a left back who has played less than 5 games in the premier league and has one year left on his contract. I guess the big difference is that Leicester want Chillwell to sign a contract and dont mind loosing him for a free whereas we want to get rid of Allen if a decentish bid arrives.

That's exactly my point, anything a manager says after a player is sold should be taken lightly.

BTW this was the quote.
"We want him to become the player he was before his injury -- the talent is still there, there's no doubt about it. When we have done the crossing, heading and stuff he's been world class.

Fair enough, looks like he's done it more than once in that case as I've seen him say it in relation to training. Either way, Mario is a special case as I think we were mental to buy him, and I doubt anybody else will be that daft again.

Allen will likely hold out for Swansea to make an offer, but footballing wise I think Stoke would be a better bet for him. Whether or not that's worth living in or near Stoke for is another matter, but Hughes is building a talented side there who could feasibly be competing for a Europa League position. In contrast Swansea have been going backwards in the last 2 seasons.

He's yet another one of those players that whiteboard fans and people like Brendan Rodgers talk up as being some kind of "thinking man's footballer" and proof that they see beyond his size, stature and lack of pace, can ignore the fact he managed ZERO assists in the Premiership after three seasons, an average of less than two goals a season in all competitions, a mediocre long-passing range, and no ability to beat a man.

He's a player for the connoisseur. Like Xavi, Iniesta and Pirlo. So much of his fantastic work goes unnoticed by the usual Cro-Magnon knuckledraggers who like speed, shots at goal, sublime skill and ability to win a game. or dominate a midfield.

By now Rodgers said he'd be worth £30m.

He wasn't even worth what we paid. Because he's a deeply ordinary footballer who has no place at Liverpool. i'm glad he's going.

Definition of a 'Rolls Royce' right there.....

This fucking cunt lost us the league. Those fucking sitters he missed; what an absolute fucking twat-beard. I'll never blame gerrard.

This fucking cunt lost us the league. Those fucking sitters he missed; what an absolute fucking twat-beard. I'll never blame gerrard.

Sorry Skull - is this transfer not done then ? - reading this thread I thought it had gone through or something but is it the case he (Allen) has said no or is refusing to go to Stoke ?

You'd think a sideways opportunity would be perfect for Allen
Yeah but its Stoke just the sound of that teams name fills you with utter boredom. I can understand if he does not want to move - I mean you made it to the team of Euro's plus your national side reaches the semi's of one of footballs hardest tournaments, and then you end up playing for Stoke after playing for Liverpool. It would seem like a curse. If he is holding out for Swansea you could understand especially if that will get him closer to his immediate family members etc. I get it though - for us its no good.

.............. BTW this was the quote.

Actually no. He's referring to one or two aspects of his game. That's completely different to a 'world-class' player.

Ultimately its probably his lack of end product (goals, assists) along with his lack of physicality which has probably made Klopp sell.

Ultimately its probably his lack of end product (goals, assists) along with his lack of physicality which has probably made Klopp sell.

Lallana is at risk for the same. I like both of them as players - lots of skill and technique and vision. But the game is graded on goals for and goals against.

Best wishes to Joe but I'm hoping Grujic and Wijnaldum proves to be upgrades.

Lallana is at risk for the same. I like both of them as players - lots of skill and technique and vision. But the game is graded on goals for and goals against.

Best wishes to Joe but I'm hoping Grujic and Wijnaldum proves to be upgrades.

Team totals are what ultimately matter most though, not those of individual players, and Lallana contributes more in that respect than his most manic critic(s) on here seem willing or able to see. I doubt we were even in a tearing hurry to sell Joe Allen, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the few posters who constantly get on Lallana's case end up disappointed.

Team totals are what ultimately matter most though, not those of individual players, and Lallana contributes more in that respect than his most manic critic(s) on here seem willing or able to see. I doubt we were even in a tearing hurry to sell Joe Allen, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the few posters who constantly get on Lallana's case end up disappointed.

Agree with that. Lallana definitely makes the team function better. But somebody on the pitch needs to be scoring. Last year we had too many games where no one looked capable of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom