• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Allen to Stoke for £13m Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give us an update on how we're doing for those homegrown/British quotas with Allen, Ibe, and Smith all gone?

It's a shame his career never really kicked off here, pretty much stagnated the whole way through..eventually becoming a bit part player.

Of course we all wish him well.

Can someone give us an update on how we're doing for those homegrown/British quotas with Allen, Ibe, and Smith all gone?

Karius, Sakho, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Benteke (to be sold), Coutinho, Firmino, Manninger, Klavan, Moreno, Mané, Lucas (might be sold), Mignolet, Emre Can, Origi, Matip, Marković would be our seventeen as of now, so we don't have any issues unless I've missed someone or the rules have changed since the last time I paid attention to the rule.

Karius, Sakho, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Benteke (to be sold), Coutinho, Firmino, Manninger, Klavan, Moreno, Mané, Lucas (might be sold), Mignolet, Emre Can, Origi, Matip, Marković would be our seventeen as of now, so we don't have any issues unless I've missed someone or the rules have changed since the last time I paid attention to the rule.

So that leaves Balotelli, Luis Alberto, and Ilori on the outside looking in right now.

Homegrown senior players would be Clyne, Milner, Henderson, Sturridge, Lallana, Ings, and then we have 2 spots in flux.

A bit of meh departure, never fulfilled his promise but did have some flashes of brilliance.

Hope he does well at Stoke but not the point where they finish above us or take any points off us.

Stoke announced that the fee "could rise to £13m". Hopefully the criteria for add-ons are attainable.

[article]JOE ALLEN has revealed that a chat with Mark Hughes was all it took to persuade him to swap Anfield for the bet365 Stadium.

The Welsh international midfielder brought an end to his four-year stay on Merseyside on Monday after agreeing a five-year deal with the Potters.

The 26-year-old admits things have moved swiftly after first hearing of the Club’s serious interest at the weekend, but says he is delighted to be moving to North Staffordshire.

“It’s all come relatively out of the blue to be honest,” he revealed to Stoke City Player moments after putting pen-to-paper.

“I saw that an offer was accepted over the weekend and things have obviously moved really quickly since then.

“Mark Hughes has achieved great things here at the Club already and he sold the Club to me in terms of their ambitions moving forward.

“You can see from the outside, with where the Club has finished and the business they have done in the transfer window, that they are moving in the right direction.”

He added: “As soon as I spoke to him I knew that this was a move I was happy to make - I am just really delighted to be a part of it.”

Allen produced several sublime performances for Wales as they reached the Semi-Final of the 2016 European Championships, and he believes that his showing in France, in front of the watching City boss, played a key role in the path his career has ultimately taken.

“He is a Welshman too, and I am sure that he took a keen interest in what we were doing out in France,” he smiled.

“I think that maybe some of the performances that I put in out there may have been what sealed my move here.”[/article]

Stoke announced that the fee "could rise to £13m". Hopefully the criteria for add-ons are attainable.

[article]JOE ALLEN has revealed that a chat with Mark Hughes was all it took to persuade him to swap Anfield for the bet365 Stadium.

The Welsh international midfielder brought an end to his four-year stay on Merseyside on Monday after agreeing a five-year deal with the Potters.

The 26-year-old admits things have moved swiftly after first hearing of the Club’s serious interest at the weekend, but says he is delighted to be moving to North Staffordshire.

“It’s all come relatively out of the blue to be honest,” he revealed to Stoke City Player moments after putting pen-to-paper.

“I saw that an offer was accepted over the weekend and things have obviously moved really quickly since then.

“Mark Hughes has achieved great things here at the Club already and he sold the Club to me in terms of their ambitions moving forward.

“You can see from the outside, with where the Club has finished and the business they have done in the transfer window, that they are moving in the right direction.”

He added: “As soon as I spoke to him I knew that this was a move I was happy to make - I am just really delighted to be a part of it.”

Allen produced several sublime performances for Wales as they reached the Semi-Final of the 2016 European Championships, and he believes that his showing in France, in front of the watching City boss, played a key role in the path his career has ultimately taken.

“He is a Welshman too, and I am sure that he took a keen interest in what we were doing out in France,” he smiled.

“I think that maybe some of the performances that I put in out there may have been what sealed my move here.”[/article]

Must be a 3M fee, plus 5M in add-ons for each of his first two Ballon d'Or wins.

Echo previously reported it's 13M with 2M in add-ons. I guess every club puts their own spin on it...

Best of luck Joe. I don't see much reason to be too sentimental about his departure – he was pretty good at what he did, but ultimately not wide-ranging enough of a talent to be anything more than a squad player here. And having a Jesus beard and a chicken doesn't quite qualify someone to a true "cult hero" status either – when I think of cult hero, it's more along the lines of Roberto Baggio or at least "working class hero" Dirk Kuyt. Allen was just a decent player who had the misfortune of being grossly overhyped by his manager from the start and I think that's how he will be remembered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom