• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anti Kneejerk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's just blown the whole "Mac can't play #6" rhetoric, out of the water. Substitute Andre's name for Mac's in that chart and some here would have been all over it with buy buy buy.

I must admit though that it shocks me too.

Not really, he's already accumulated 5 yellows and had a red rescinded. He's not comfortable in that role. We saw the same thing Thiago when he first joined, every tackle was a lunge and he gave away alot of free kicks.

Not really, he's already accumulated 5 yellows and had a red rescinded. He's not comfortable in that role. We saw the same thing Thiago when he first joined, every tackle was a lunge and he gave away alot of free kicks.

Maybe it’s a South American thing - Lucas was the same - he kept giving away free kicks too.

It would be good to see stats for how often each was by passed or dribbled past and how many times they gave the ball away in their own third.
Yep. I was thinking that when I made the post above - that's the other side of the coin. @King Binny ?

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
It's not kneejerk to say we're not playing as well as we should be.
Defensively, we look suspect. We have done since the start of the season.
Our midfield isn't settled, we don't look like we know how to set it up. I like the new players, I don't really like the balance yet.
Up front, we're a bit scattergun. You all love Nunez, I'm not convinced.
It's been a decent start to the season, slightly off track lately. But I think we should be doing better.

There is a decent article about the impact of Mac Allister as a 6, and that he's not getting the credit he deserves.

F-ZmbvgX0AAlv2I

The stats look good, but a lot of the visual eye test stuff looks a little messy and gives many of us stress. Sometimes when he his pressed and squeezed between the defence and midfield - I am not sure what will happen.

Correct. Equally though we need to find a way to get through the next 2 weeks, as there's some horrible games in there
Start by resting absolutely every first team squad member in the EL. 8 days rest in this period is a god send we must take full advantage,

We need to get some perspective. I was on the train today and there were a lot of Bluenoses on their way to Tranmere (fair play for supporting them too) and they were talking warmly about the likes of Garner and MacNeill, bang average players, like they were absolute legends. And we come on here and slag off Lucho because his form has dipped since his mum and dad were kidnapped at gunpoint.
We don't know we're born.
And yes, I know I made a joke about my Nam being.better in nets than Kellerher the other day, and I regret it. I only wish success for the lad.

I was on the train today and there were a lot of Bluenoses on their way to Tranmere
Hope you told them all they were getting a spanking tomorrow and that their new stadium will be the best in the championship, tongue in cheek of course.

We need to get some perspective. I was on the train today and there were a lot of Bluenoses on their way to Tranmere (fair play for supporting them too) and they were talking warmly about the likes of Garner and MacNeill, bang average players, like they were absolute legends. And we come on here and slag off Lucho because his form has dipped since his mum and dad were kidnapped at gunpoint.
We don't know we're born.
And yes, I know I made a joke about my Nam being.better in nets than Kellerher the other day, and I regret it. I only wish success for the lad.
I did think it was a little harsh and disrespectful……..

To your Nan.

So the kneejerk is in full flight again because we failed to score for the first time in over 8 months?

So if Arsenal made their early dominance count and we picked up an injury to say Ibou then the world would be caving in.

Lucky for us there is a much more positive narrative now.

A glass half full person could argue we are the best team in the league on course for a quad.

Top of the league
Semi Final and favs for the league cup
Knockout stages as group winners and favs for the Europa league
Dumped Arsenal out or the FA Cup at home without, our best player, our captain, our first choice LB, our back up LB, our first choice CB along with Virgil, our first choice DM, Thiago who many would argue would be first choice, our first choice RCM in Big Dom and with only getting a few minutes out of Jota.
Arguably we are favs for the FA Cup too.

Obv it’s not as Rosy as that but fuck these are good times and miles ahead of where we all thought we’d be when Chelsea humiliated us in the transfer market.

We shouldnt be as far along as we are, so it's nice.

I'd still like a CB and maybe another forward in Jan.

I'd also be tempted to go all out for a DM, or at the very least a physically dominating cm who can play DM, like thuram

Goldbridge has a better perspective about were we are as a team right now compared to some of our own fans, and I find that very weird. Some always look for weakness instead of strength.

We are one draw from City catching up to us.
I fully expect us to be behind City shortly (they now have an easy run for the next few games - we don't). So what?
Due to who we've already played and where (H or A) we have an advantage, that is clear. So win our home match vs. City and we are effectively 5 pts clear. Sound better?

I fully expect us to be behind City shortly (they now have an easy run for the next few games - we don't). So what?
Due to who we've already played and where (H or A) we have an advantage, that is clear. So win our home match vs. City and we are effectively 5 pts clear. Sound better?
It sounds better, but I'd rather stay in front of them cause I don't think we've ever caught them in second half of the season. When they go ahead, they usually stay ahead.

It sounds better, but I'd rather stay in front of them cause I don't think we've ever caught them in second half of the season. When they go ahead, they usually stay ahead.
Broken record : this isn't the same City we've seen in the past few years (I've posted the personnel changes over and over). Very good but no longer invincible.

I just don't buy the fact city are a completely different beast so it'll be fine.

We're ahead, we need to stay ahead

Broken record : this isn't the same City we've seen in the past few years (I've posted the personnel changes over and over). Very good but no longer invincible.
I know I sound like a broken record, but if you can say that City isn't the same "City" from last season, despite the treble, are we the same team or better than the ones who finished 2nd twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom