• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anzhi Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was tempted to say the same, but that was 1986 odd. 26 years ago. Times have changed whether we like it or not. But he must get this and next season bar any major disaster.

I don't get it tbh - he's managed 20 games. Yes, results have been at best average, but you can tell things are changing here. Players play for him, and we've not had a really poor league game bar Arsenal (the West Brom loss was worse score wise, but we didn't play all that badly there imo). I was roundly mocked when I said we're the microwave generation, we demand results now. In all fairness, I understand that - and respect that's the way 'we' work today ... but people are honestly 'giving up' on Rodgers after 20 games, and getting restless. It's 20 games in all competitions ...

I don't get it tbh - he's managed 20 games. Yes, results have been at best average, but you can tell things are changing here. Players play for him, and we've not had a really poor league game bar Arsenal (the West Brom loss was worse score wise, but we didn't play all that badly there imo). I was roundly mocked when I said we're the microwave generation, we demand results now. In all fairness, I understand that - and respect that's the way 'we' work today ... but people are honestly 'giving up' on Rodgers after 20 games, and getting restless. It's 20 games in all competitions ...

I get it.

But there is an element of the football manager generation in play here too. Anyone can be a manager cos they've taken Woking to the Champions League in 6 seasons.

Anyone can be a hitman cos they've got a Wii or Xbox etc.

The reality is quite simply different.

Kvarme...........

We turned on him in less than 70 mins? Anyway the difference being, he was an established international at the time. Coady is youngster coming through the ranks and was left in midfield on his own with minimal or inexperienced people around him.

There's definitely a change beginning to happen among the media - it's only beginning, and there's still goodwill there, but some are starting to question his approach (the Strachan and Thommo comments recently reflected that as well, and even, albeit with his usual tact, Roy Evans tonight on LFCTV), and his off the record wriggling when it comes to apportioning responsibility for current problems has not gone down well at all (in fact I'd say at least three or four are fuming about it after the nature of the Cole remarks). This could turn out to be a good thing, in the sense that he will be pressured much more from now on to go beyond soundbites and really explain himself and his methods and take full responsibility for what happens, but the honeymoon's certainly over as far as the press is concerned.

Didn't see the game.

Usually I'd say I'm not too concerned, but I think it's getting to the stage where fans are a looking for a few more wins, to give us some sort of hope. I'm still happy enough to give BR more time, but he needs to be getting some results, if he wants to avoid a backlash.

I think there were periods of the game were we had quite a few options inside their box. That is FUCKING ENCOURAGING!!!!!

Theoretically there are always options inside their box.

normally we have one single person surrounded by 4-5 opposition defenders. Our options are so marginal that it is embarrasing. But yesterday we suddnely filled up the box with 4-5 people a few times. I couldn't believe my own eyes.

True, but it's a very chaotic pattern of play. Inevitable I suppose with such a changed team. It never looked that dangerous.

True, but it's a very chaotic pattern of play. Inevitable I suppose with such a changed team. It never looked that dangerous.
Nah, but if the options were Stevie, Nuri, Luis and Raheem it would be a different story!!! Intentions my friend.. good intentions.

As far as I can recall I thought Kvarme had a reasonable match against the mancs - was that his first. He just went downhill straight after that.

Could be mate, I remember he had a good game against Villa.

I wrote his name because of the Bjornebye comment, and still to this day I think of Everton away and Cadamateri (spelling) when I think of Kvarme..

The lad has absolutely no confidence now at all, which begs the question why he's been thrown on in the first place. He was told he could leave in the summer, and has been pretty much frozen out since - fine, it's understandable. But unless he then shows in the reserves that he's improving and suited to the system, why play him? He's not going to do anything. Let's not be disingenuous.

Was reading the BW forums a week or two ago, and the posters seem pleased with him (Spearing). He's been identified as their MOTM in a few fan match reports as well. So yeah, hopefully that means we'll be getting a more decent bid for him in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom