• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, where we lost this game was in the start of the game, when we fielded Graven' and Gakpo togethe, and it was compounded by subs, in particular TAA off and Gomez to right back, That is why Klopp replaced Gomez for Thiago, moving Diaz to right back
Starting with that team was the only opton we had if darwin couldn't play 90 and no other mid. Maybe elliott, but who knows.
Trent going off arguably improved us.

Not at the races from the first whistle. If we continue having slow starts, Klopp's leaving empty handed this season.

For me, where we lost this game was in the start of the game, when we fielded Graven' and Gakpo togethe, and it was compounded by subs, in particular TAA off and Gomez to right back, That is why Klopp replaced Gomez for Thiago, moving Diaz to right back
Except it was 1-1 when the pair went off and we did well in the first 10 mins of the 2nd half with them still on, then went to shit with 2 howlers but yes you're right.

Because apparently all our forwards ride off his coattails, so I wanted to see where that stemmed from. He's proven those people right, fabulous display.

Do you ask the same when others focus on Grav or Nunez or Diaz?
Yea i think people are overly critical of Diaz too but your timing was really odd. Arsenal score and you’re telling us Jota is shite.

Because apparently all our forwards ride off his coattails, so I wanted to see where that stemmed from. He's proven those people right, fabulous display.

Do you ask the same when others focus on Grav or Nunez or Diaz?
Diaz was crap as usual. I gave up mentioning him. He is always given a wide berth around here.

Not at the races from the first whistle. If we continue having slow starts, Klopp's leaving empty handed this season.

It weirdly seems to be mostly against arsenal we have these slow starts

Diaz was crap as usual. I gave up mentioning him. He is always given a wide berth around here.
He was, did more than Jota mind. But Jota gets a pass. Why? Let's call it for what it is and stop agenda seeking.

Terrible terrible game of football. VVD with his yearly brainfart moment in the most important game of the season. We still have lead over Arsenal. Issue is City will take the lead tomorrow onwards.

Least we don't have to worry about or get angry over the title race now seeing as it's done.

He was, did more than Jota mind. But Jota gets a pass. Why? Let's call it for what it is and stop agenda seeking.

Jota barely got a kick as his game is more wait near the box and work smartly in that area. If diaz picks it up, runs 30 yards, and cannot find one of 2 players in the box (as what happened at the start of the second half), he'll get grief.

Jota i'm not expecting to take on players on the wing. He should be in the centre as he's clinical.

How do you not grasp the difference in roles of attackers?

I don't know why you'd focus on particular players. We have a couple convincing ways of playing. Its up in the air as to whether we can be very convincing against a near peer side, as it hasn't happened yet, but it was never going to happen with that side, as they can't play how we need to to be competitive.

Everyone was fucking dreadful, bar macca (who tbf did cede possession a few times) andJones (who didn't do anything wrong...just nothing particularly useful either)

Nightmare day. Started with Bradley's father sadly passing a couple of days ago, then Szobo niggled his hammy again, Klopp then had a brainfart team selection and yet we were still level at HT despite not showing up (not that Arsenal did either).

Then, just as we were in ascendancy and I was sure our winning goal(s) were on their way ... Ali & VvD have not one but two mental breakdowns. The best keeper in the world and one of the best CBs. You couldn't script this.

Now in the media it's all going to be about how Arsenal brilliantly played their way through to an historic win ... like fuck they did they were shite too. Occasionally some nice buildup play with zero end product (bar a lucky rebound and two colossal defensive errors) doesn't make them title winning material, They were as shite as we were.

Last edited:
Nightmare day. Started with Bradley's father sadly passing a couple of days ago, then Szobo niggled his hammy again, Klopp then had a brainfart team selection and yet we were still level at HT despite not showing up (not that Arsenal did either).

Then, just as we were in ascendancy and I was sure our winning goal(s) were on their way ... Ali & VvD have not one but two mental breakdowns. The best keeper in the world and the one of the best CBs. You couldn't script this.

Now in the media it's all going to be about how Arsenal brilliantly played their way through to an historic win ... like fuck they did they were shite too. Occasionally some nice buildup play with zero end product (bar a lucky rebound and two colossal defensive errors) doesn't make them title winning material, They were as shite as we were.

I thought szobo was sick? Did he really do his hamstring again?

Yeah, I don't know what happened but our worst game of the season. We were totally neutered. Arsenal outplayed us, out thought us, and we looked off in so many ways. You can't legislate for that second goal. Shit happens, but that first goal was avoidable.

We got what we deserved today.

Jota barely got a kick as his game is more wait near the box and work smartly in that area. If diaz picks it up, runs 30 yards, and cannot find one of 2 players in the box (as what happened at the start of the second half), he'll get grief.

Jota i'm not expecting to take on players on the wing. He should be in the centre as he's clinical.

How do you not grasp the difference in roles of attackers?

In games like this we can't afford passengers who "wait near the box" for the ball to drop, he was a passenger. All the attackers were shit today, I don't have a problem saying this because it's the truth.

You want to give Jota passes and focus on set players, which is fine.

Then, just as we were in ascendancy and I was sure our winning goal(s) were on their way ... Ali & VvD have not one but two mental breakdowns. The best keeper in the world and the one of the best CBs. You couldn't script this.

I still dont think ali takes blame for the martinelli goal. Thats entirely on van dijk 1) letting it bounce, and 2) being so weak as to let martinelli push him in to ali

The entire team was crap bar maybe Macca, Konate, Jones and Gomez. We didn't get going at all.

And then we have Virgil and Trent, the captains, who were ironically the worst of the lot.

Arsenal weren't even good, that's why it's so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom