• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trent coming in (as an inverted full back) for Bradley led to a loss of shape and opened the door for the predictable Arteta tactic of long balls to Martinelli in space. Grav instead of Szobo just exaggerated the loss of solidity on the right side.

And I just want to mention that even the media are saying that Gabriel should have had a 2nd Yellow for that foul on Nunez ... that not only saw Nunez booked but imagine if Gabriel had had received his 2nd Yellow as he should have. Arsenal would have been down to 10 and we'd have had everything to play for.

Trent coming in (as an inverted full back) for Bradley led to a loss of shape and opened the door for the predictable Arteta tactic of long balls to Martinelli in space. Grav instead of Szobo just exaggerated the loss of solidity on the right side.
This is how it's going to be now until seasons end.

Trent played some nice passes and was less inverted than usual, but his defending was terrible and I suspect why he was subbed. I would have started him for Szobo with Gomez behind him.

Terrible terrible game of football. VVD with his yearly brainfart moment in the most important game of the season. We still have lead over Arsenal. Issue is City will take the lead tomorrow onwards.
I have been predicting that City would have overtaken us by the end of our tough run (now over) but this isn't the finishing line. I still think we'll take the title. Today was a bad day but that was an exception to the way we've been playing lately and we will soon have Szobo, Mo and Endo back.

We'll beat City at Anfield and go on to the title. Today was just an aberration.

Trent played some nice passes and was less inverted than usual, but his defending was terrible and I suspect why he was subbed. I would have started him for Szobo with Gomez behind him.
He was sulky the entire game and didn't even seem like he wanted to run. Diabolical.

I defended him to start the game ahead of Bradley and I was wrong.

Looking forward to seeing Endo back in the team. He has been missed. Salah has been missed less, with the form of the Nunez, Jota and Diaz together, but will be nice to have him and Nunez back assisting each other again.

We honestly did not deserve to win that game, it was terrible, and honestly that starting lineup was shit. Gravey just cannot play well on the right of that midfield, he should have played Jones on the right coz he is a baller so can manage. Also, he handicapped us by not even bothering to have trent and Nunez on at the same time. Terrible subs all round.

For me, where we lost this game was in the start of the game, when we fielded Graven' and Gakpo together, and it was compounded by subs, in particular TAA off and Gomez to right back, That is why Klopp replaced Gomez for Thiago, moving Diaz to right back
Spot on

Mo would have made a difference today. At least he would have carried the ball upfield. We couldn't even penetrate their midfield.

If Szobo is really out then that's devastating. Elliott can't match him in any capacity and it greatly degrades our midfield. There's no way Thiago is starting so even if a rusty Thiago can make the pitch it'll not be as a starter otherwise Thiago-Jones-Mac would be a good alternative.

Ditto Bradders being out (sorry for your loss lad) reducing our exciting options at RB/MF.
This was a real swing for me. Totally confident until this happened and our right side fell to pieces.

You just can't rely on players like Gackpoo and GrevenBerrrrr to deliver when they don't have our better players around them

We'd have won. I'm convinced we would. This Arsenal side are just not what the media are bigging them up to be.
Possibly but I give Arsenal a bit more credit. Still would've been a tight game because we usually make life difficult for ourselves (especially away) but we would've had far more chances had they played. We created absolutely nothing. When Trent isn't finding players with holywood passes/crosses he's an absolute LIABILITY. Bradley now for me all day every day. Trent can fight it out with Jones and Szobo for a midfield spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom