• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

ASHES - 2015!

A
Absolutely. Would love it if we can keep them in the field deep into tomorrow. I think the cracks will start to appear once Johnson and Starc have been over bowled. It is all down to us getting through the new ball. If we are only 1 or 2 down by the 20th over I think we'll cruise to a large lead.

Yup particularly Johnson's first spell. This is not the time for over aggression, just accumulation as the pitch gets flatter and dryer. It would seem that trip to Spain for catching practice has really paid off because we have gone from shite to brilliant in the slips.

I made a decision to do the housework, play with the kids individually etc all this morning & sit & enjoy the afternoon of cricket.

Just checked the score as I sat down & thought I must've misread it. Fucked that decision up.

I made a decision to do the housework, play with the kids individually etc all this morning & sit & enjoy the afternoon of cricket.

Just checked the score as I sat down & thought I must've misread it. Fucked that decision up.
Channel 5 later on mate. In 150 yrs of ashes cricket there has never been a session quite like it. I'm still in shock!

Channel 5 later on mate. In 150 yrs of ashes cricket there has never been a session quite like it. I'm still in shock!
Best ever Ashes day for me first day of the Melbourns test 2010 - I'm hoping this could be just as good
ps weren't you there ?

Best ever Ashes day for me first day of the Melbourns test 2010 - I'm hoping this could be just as good
ps weren't you there ?

Nah I was at the SCG when we won it though! A beautiful day! I was at Edgbaston for day one and I thought nothing could top that! Looks like I was wrong. :D

Jokes on both of you - I was at Lords for our batting collapse :(

I was at Old Trafford when rain delayed play. They got 10.4 overs in which meant I missed out on a refund by 4 balls! Very first test for me as well. :(

Ryan knows his football and that's for sure. However when it comes to his reading of a cricket match, I'd suggest this thread perfectly illustrates the accuracy of a stopped clock.

I was sat in the office doing absolutely no work trying to get a stream of the match. It's sad cos pretty much everyone in the office said 21-5 ooh is that good for England then!?
ummm yeah it's pretty good for England!

We should declare... bowl em out again..

Get the match over in a day..

Easy Tiger, we haven't won this yet - I would love us to be batting this first innings into day 3, really grinding these Aussies cunts into the ground. Our bowlers need a nice long rest from their 18 over exertions today

Expect fireworks this morning. Broad will take a couple I reckon.

Ryan knows his football and that's for sure. However when it comes to his reading of a cricket match, I'd suggest this thread perfectly illustrates the accuracy of a stopped clock.
He made this call and was right.

To be fair no one would have predicted this level of fuck uppery

I love Ryan and I love how he never fails to stick his neck out in cricket threads...he just doesn't always get it right...

More importantly, this has to be the worst Australian team to tour England in more than 30 years. The 85 team was poor but this shower are even worse.

Before he changed his original post he was spouting his usual win the toss win the game nonsense as he thought Clarke had won the toss and decided to bat!
Ah, was unaware of that

Before he changed his original post he was spouting his usual win the toss win the game nonsense as he thought Clarke had won the toss and decided to bat!

He was and I saw it as well. I can't be arsed with getting into an argument with him about about it. My wife is an Aussie (I've been keeping a strategic silence around her) and I've been yarning away to my Aussie family and friends all day. All of whom took the whipping in good humour as I knew they would. Brilliant day for England. Tragic for the Aussies. Clarke's a gonner!

Didn't miss a ball. God bless the cunts striking on the tube! Will be tough tomorrow having to relocate in the office to the 'TV area', its only an 80" screen :(

Just watched the highlights again on channel 5. The bowling from Broad was sublime. They say he's a 'streaky bowler' - what a time to find your groove. @Ryan thoughts? I'm not being a dick about this - I'm just interested. My Aussie buds are hating Clarke at the moment!

Well, I predicted Broad would run riot and there'd be fireworks first up, so your timing's not the best lefty. Besides, I didn't see any of you lot predicting a 3-1 win to England in this series. At least I had the temerity to make a call, it's easy to be all high and mighty in hindsight.

That's incorrect, and you know it. In my original post I wrote that Australia had won the toss, which is what I'd read on twitter as I was waiting from my fucking stream of the action to stop buffering. I edited it as soon as the vision came on.

And then proceeded to say it was the right decision, and that England would run riot. Which happened.

But anyway, the action itself... I went to bed after Australia's innings, so pretty much 3 minutes or so after a first ball was bowled. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. As good as Broad was, and my word he was good, Australia were worse. A collapse as unlikely as you'll ever see. Every single one of them. Prodding at things, reaching for stuff, shit footwork, playing across the line, and looking back at the deliveries i think there was only 1 or maybe 2 of them that was actually going at the stumps.

Incredible, and if you play that bad then you don't deserve to win anything. But credit to Cook for the decision to bowl, and to Broad for that spell. In one half hour he won the Ashes. That's big-game bowling.

Hvae to say that in the circumstances at 34-2 that Joe Root innings was absolutely sublime, almost as if he was playing a different game to everyone else in tricky conditions. Fantastic batting.

I actually think Ryan has given some good insight into the Aussie team, there are players i've never heard of that he's given the low down on.

I'm still confused by the Aussie decision to lose a seamer. Such a big call and one that I think will lose them the Ashes today.

I actually think Ryan has given some good insight into the Aussie team, there are players i've never heard of that he's given the low down on.

I'm still confused by the Aussie decision to lose a seamer. Such a big call and one that I think will lose them the Ashes today.

I think everyone is TBH. It's as though there was no thought as to how they'd bowl England out if England weren't miles behind as they were at Lords; i think they were gambling on the batting line up getting 400+ which was a big shout given the conditions and the Edgbaston performance! Johnson and Starc are good bowlers but seem to lose their radar if they're asked to bowl anything more than a 4 over spell which they can't really do now with just the 4 man attack

Back
Top Bottom